Author Topic: Brian Cache home of the 331st and the Not-Named-Clan  (Read 62635 times)

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
Re: Brian Cache home of the 331st and the Not-Named-Clan
« Reply #330 on: 21 May 2020, 17:58:41 »
hmm not able to get the book.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #331 on: 21 May 2020, 18:03:15 »
hmm not able to get the book.

It’s a Kickstarter reward.  There was an initial glitch in distribution, with it only going out to people who had closed their pledge manager after a certain date.  I got mine by reopening then closing my manager.  Not sure that’s still possible.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #332 on: 21 May 2020, 18:37:47 »
« Last Edit: 21 May 2020, 21:40:44 by wolfcannon »
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #333 on: 28 May 2020, 08:46:26 »
Question for the Wolverines. If the Wolverines had survived, would they have adopted protomechs?

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #334 on: 28 May 2020, 09:03:08 »
Maybe for amputees.

ErikModi

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #335 on: 28 May 2020, 09:41:26 »
Question for the Wolverines. If the Wolverines had survived, would they have adopted protomechs?

That's. . . actually part of what prompted my question about ProtoMechs (but mostly it was exactly what I asked. . . what was the source behind the "ProtoMech Fever" at the start of the Wars of Reaving?)

After reading Betrayal of Ideals, a fanfic bubble expanded in my head and I had to pop it.  Repeatedly.  (See "Best Served Cold" in Fanfic).  In the end, I think the Wolverines. . . or my take on the Wolverines. . . wouldn't be interested in ProtoMechs, largely because they just don't have anyone to pilot them.  They don't have a breeding program so no phenotypes, they don't have rigorous warrior testing and washouts so desperate to be warriors they'll take a second chance as a ProtoMech pilot, and they don't have a gap in their force structure that ProtoMechs would fill better.  At least, the way I look at it.

If people are interested, I can share more on my take on what Clan Wolverine evolved into, why, and how, as well as the 'Mech designs I've been making for them through MegaMek.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #336 on: 29 May 2020, 02:23:20 »
The use of frankenmechs might have simply been camouflage. Frankenmech users are usually considered just a few steps higher than being dispossessed. Nobody would pay much attention to a pair of warriors riding such. Certainly much less attention to morons riding into battle on either signature Wolverine mechs or completely unknown designs.

Plus it would be a bit of tradition. After all, a Shadowhawk/Griffin frankenmech was good enough for Franklin Hallis back in the day.

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #337 on: 29 May 2020, 03:01:43 »
Yes, a FrankenMech is just up from being dispossessed but I don't think nobody would pay attention to them. Depending on the FrankenMech, they'd be pretty distracting. Just like a signature or unknown design. They could also be heavily armed even if they're a mishmash of Mechs. So they'd be discounted at peril.

Going back to Protomechs, I don't think the Wolverines would use them. If they did, I think it'd be limited to amputees or they'd have more conventional controls.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2020, 03:07:46 by RifleMech »