Author Topic: IWM Clan Omni parts vs RP Clan Omni parts  (Read 1582 times)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
IWM Clan Omni parts vs RP Clan Omni parts
« on: 12 September 2014, 07:52:53 »
Question #1 - I really love the IWM resculpts of the 3050-era Clan omnimechs, but I still have at least a binary of old Ral Parth minis stuffed into a box somewhere and it seems like a huge waste to not use them.  Are the IWM rescuplts the same size as the old minis?  Could I, for instance, order a couple pairs of resculpted Dire Wolf arms to use on the old RP Dire Wolf torsos that I already have without it looking out of proportion? 

Question #2 - About how long does it take for an order to ship from IWM after it has begun the processing phase? 

Many thanks!
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: IWM Clan Omni parts vs RP Clan Omni parts
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2014, 08:37:31 »
#2 that will depend upon time of year and if they need to cast any of the items for the order. My experience is that they are shipped within a week. I always seem to have larger orders and oddball missing pieces from a previous order.

#1 the resculpts are typically bigger. Also some of the parts switched as far as attachment meathod. The Executioner for example has very similarly sized legs but the torsos are very different. The height of the minis is noticable.  The Vultures are significantly different in size. I know the legs don't cross over well.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Re: IWM Clan Omni parts vs RP Clan Omni parts
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2014, 08:45:45 »
Awesome, thanks for the info. 

Too bad about the omnimech compatibility, though.  Not sure what I will do with those older minis now.  Might just stick them all into a unit by themselves. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Register