Author Topic: Jihad Era Marik Militia Company  (Read 2103 times)

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
Jihad Era Marik Militia Company
« on: 22 October 2012, 23:34:47 »
I am designing a storyline for a company of FWL militia attacked by the WOB during the Jihad. There composition is as follows.

Mech Lance

Jason Chrisholm Guillotine 3N- This is the units commander who is a young malitia captain.

Derek O'neal Ostwar 2M- This Ostwar is an ancient family heirloom mech dating back before the fall of the star league, it has been in the family since, and is crewed by a veteran FWLM soldier units 2nd in command

Billie "the kid" Williams- Hermes II 2S Piloted by a young malitia recruit the hermes acts as the scout and flanker for this lance.

Kendra Steele Wolverine 5S- the wolverine is piloted by Chrisholms girlfriend Kendra Steele

Vehicle Company               

Assault lance                Support lance            Scout Lance         Infantry Support lance    6 Platoons Infantry, SRM/ Conventional
Demolisher                    Condor                      Harasser              Maxim                             Supported by (Militarized) Ibex RV's with machine guns/ Jeeps and Technicals
Von Luckner                   Saracin                     Harasser               Hover APC x 5             
VonLuckner                    Saracin                     Pegasus                2x Striker  light tank         
Schreck PPC Carrier       Scimitar                     Pegasus
                                      Partisan

Air support
2x Ripper
2x Hawk Moth Gunships
« Last Edit: 22 October 2012, 23:37:26 by Vonshroom »
For The Archon!

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Jihad Era Marik Militia Company
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2012, 06:21:44 »
Jason Chrisholm Guillotine 3N- This is the units commander who is a young malitia captain.
1) Original Star League GLT-3N Guillotine was extinct outside ComGuards/WoB Militia (DCMS got some and Clans had some in their PGCs). For Marik Militia GLT-4L, (GLT-4P) or even GLT-5M would be more suitable.

Derek O'neal Ostwar 2M- This Ostwar is an ancient family heirloom mech dating back before the fall of the star league, it has been in the family since, and is crewed by a veteran FWLM soldier units 2nd in command
2) OWR-2M Ostwar - while possible with the background you described, it's not probable. Fluff says that Ostwar has not survived the fall of the Star League. Ostwar was produced for FWLM in relatively short period between 2500s and 2570s too.

Billie "the kid" Williams- Hermes II 2S Piloted by a young malitia recruit the hermes acts as the scout and flanker for this lance.
Good.

Kendra Steele Wolverine 5S- the wolverine is piloted by Chrisholms girlfriend Kendra Steele
3) Wolverine 5S? You meant WVR-6R or TDR-5S?

Vehicle Company               

Assault lance                Support lance            Scout Lance         Infantry Support lance    6 Platoons Infantry, SRM/ Conventional
Demolisher                    Condor                      Harasser              Maxim                             Supported by (Militarized) Ibex RV's with machine guns/ Jeeps and Technicals
Von Luckner                   Saracin                     Harasser               Hover APC x 5             
VonLuckner                    Saracin                     Pegasus                2x Striker  light tank         
Schreck PPC Carrier       Scimitar                     Pegasus
                                      Partisan
4) I am not sure about that Partisan. I would say it's not the best idea to use this 3/5 tank with 8/12 hovertanks.

Air support
2x Ripper
2x Hawk Moth Gunships
5) Ripper - Free Worlds League is the only nation that did not buy this chopper.

But if it works for you, you can use whatever you wish.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2012, 13:47:14 »
Also, FWL used 5 tanks per lance.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2012, 14:57:22 »
Guillotine 3N-
Ostwar 2M-
Wolverine 5S-

As mentioned, 2 of your 4 mechs are very unlikely in a Planetary Militia while the 3rd is a variant that doesn't exist AFAIK.

4th Mech is dead on though  O0

The 4L/5M Guillotine would be acceptable instead.
The 6R/6M Wolverine would be acceptable instead.

I don't know the stats of an OstWar, but, from what I do know, a regular Ostroc, Ostsol, T-Bolt, or Orion would cover the feel of what your looking for, I think.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo