Author Topic: 'Sword' Mech  (Read 1662 times)

SAMURAI012

• Corporal
  • "Undertaker without an exception."
'Sword' Mech
« on: 15 July 2015, 21:39:55 »
So lots of mechs have a combat knife, or some sort of tool for close combat, etc.

But what I am thinking, is something like the hand off of a No-dachi for that nice blade.

Equipping it to a mech like a Panther???, and adding some sort of additional armor, comm package, or something to make it like
a command unit?

Thoughts.  [blank]

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: 'Sword' Mech
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2015, 11:55:00 »
go for it man, can't hurt! Whip it up on SSW and show us!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

SAMURAI012

• Corporal
  • "Undertaker without an exception."
Re: 'Sword' Mech
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2015, 19:57:55 »
So went 'with it', and decided ya' know if "I was rolling around in the far future of Battletech what would I WANT to be calling the shots in." and it hit me.

I want me own personal unique battle-armor. I hate wearing gloves, hated wearing my dinky helmet and body armor in the army (now I have fairly close-fitting custom body armor and helmet at home for when SHTF!), and ****** it, it likely wouldn't be much different in the future.

So I think battle-armor, and bunch of like-minded souls in similar armor (who would be my personal guard/command cadre), is the way to go.

Rolled with the Achileus style, and picked up bunch of bits from IWM. Gonna mess around and find a combination I like and glue it together. Will post those mini's in the miniature section when they're done! :D
« Last Edit: 16 July 2015, 20:17:06 by SAMURAI012 »