Author Topic: 16th Battle Cluster "Litany Against Fear"  (Read 4455 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
16th Battle Cluster "Litany Against Fear"
« on: 28 January 2011, 02:34:33 »
16th Battle Cluster "Litany Against Fear"
Clan Burrock Beta Galaxy "The Blood Hunters"
CO: Star Colonel Din

Abilities:  +2 Initiative against Clan Blood Spirit and Clan Fire Mandrill, -1 against all other Clans but may force the initiative

The 16th Battle Cluster "Litany Against Fear" is a new addition to Clan Burrock's Beta Galaxy developed by Star Colonel Val Hutchinson in 3050.  The unit used to be three Binaries of OmniMechs supported by a Binary of Fighters and Elementals but it has since grown.

Under the command of Val Hutchinson they have fought Clan Blood Spirit in full force, raiding most of their holdings and building their unit with isorla from their enemies.   Her command was criticized of being weak and unorganized.  Din, once a Star Captain in the unit, challenged Val Hutchinson for her position in an attempt to bring new blood and ruthless aggression into the spotlight.  Din barely won his place, and since then, the unit has improved far beyond the expectations of Beta Galaxy.

"Litany Against Fear" uses caution followed by a very aggressive display of blitzkrieg tactics.  They will overheat their machines in order to achieve the maximum amount of firepower possible.  Like other Burrock units, they have a preference for Light and Medium class OmniMechs and OmniFighters.  While the roster below shows configurations, the 16th will often switch configurations to adapt to their enemy.

"Litany Against Fear" currently operates between Albion and Dagda or wherever Beta Galaxy may require them to be.

Command Star "The Archetype"

Huntsman Prime, Executioner Prime, Mad Dog B, Crypt Keeper D, Stormcrow B

Attack Trinary "The Moment of Impact"

Crypt Keeper Prime, Stormcrow B, Mad Dog B, Battle Cobra Prime, Nova C
Hellbringer B, Nova M, Stormcrow M, Crypt Keeper A, Viper A
Adder Prime, Fire Moth D, Mist Lynx C, Viper A, Kit Fox A

Attack Trinary "The Machines of Hate"

Ebon Jaguar Prime, Crypt Keeper Prime, Stormcrow B, Nova C, Shadow Cat Prime
Mad Dog C, Viper A, Viper A, Viper B, Stormcrow B
Arctic Cheetah Prime, Fire Moth Prime, Mist Lynx C, Kit Fox A, Kit Fox A

Attack Trinary "The New Breed"

Highlander IIC, Glass Spider, Stooping Hawk B, Great Wyrm, Wyvern IIC
Grizzly, Wyvern IIC, STN-3L Sentinel, FLS-8K Flashman, Hornet IIC
LNCE25-01 Lancelot, Locust IIC 2, Hornet IIC, CRB-20 Crab, HSR-200-D Hussar

Support Trinary "Controlled Demolition"

2 Visigoth Prime, 2 Visigoth A, 2 Visigoth A, 2 Visigoth B, 2 Visigoth B
2 Turk Prime, 2 Turk A, 2 Turk A, 2 Turk B, 2 Turk B
2 Avar Prime, 2 Avar A, 2 Bashkir A, 2 Bashkir C, 2 Vandal B

Support Trinary "The Metallic Division"

Elemental (Flamer), Predator, Predator, Predator, Predator

Naval Assets

Invader "Hurt Conveyor"
Hunter "Shock"
Hunter "Burn"
Hunter "Zero"
Broadsword "Martyr"
Union C "Resurrection"
Union C "Soulwomb"
Union C "Flashpoint"
Titan C "Powershifter"
Sassanid "Descent"
« Last Edit: 29 September 2013, 19:39:02 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Re: 16th Battle Cluster "Litany Against Fear"
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2011, 14:54:28 »
I like this version better than the other one. It's more robust.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2011, 15:00:20 »
Oh yeah, me too.  This one is the formation before the Absorption.  The other one is after, the unit is reassigned, and the whole process gives Clan Star Adder a good chunk of the unit's equipment which they give to their better Adder units.  The equipment left over was either left or the unit fought to keep it (Very stubborn).

I'm working on a story behind the unit.  If your interested, I made Din's Nova configuration in this thread.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2011, 17:16:43 »
Seems to me I've been interested in all your Burrock stuff. I've saved virtually all of it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2011, 17:56:49 »
I see you have a Titan in your Naval Asset, which confiq? Star League standard or the C model?

Just wondering...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2011, 19:00:37 »
Seems to me I've been interested in all your Burrock stuff. I've saved virtually all of it.

I'm very flattered!  Glad I have interested you this much!

Just as a side note:  the 16th is not included in the Supplement because it's my personal unit and therefore "non-canon."

I see you have a Titan in your Naval Asset, which confiq? Star League standard or the C model?

Just wondering...

TT

C

My bad!

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2011, 22:13:24 »
Ah, much as I am not a Star Adder/Burrock fan (obviously), I really dig this.

FF-references especially!  [rockon]
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 15 March 2011, 15:50:35 »
Going over your Attack Trinary, Command Star:

Supernova, Glass Spider, Glass Spider, Wyvern IIC, Wyvern IIC

Would replacing it with the following be of intreset to you?

Highlander IIC 2, Rifleman IIC, Kit Fox S, Wyvern IIC, Wyvern IIC, everyone jumps and you have mostly energy weapons.

And on a different note, have you thought of using any of the Brain Cache mechs?

Atlas-AS7-D (C)
Battlemaster-BLR-1Gb
Black Knight-BL-6b-KNT
Chameleon-CLN-4V
Crab-CRB-27b
Crocket-CRK-5003-1 and the upgrade CRK-5003-1b
Crusader-CRD-2R
Emperor-EMP-6A
Firefly-FFL-3SLE
Griffin-GRF-2N
Hoplite-HOP-4Bb
Hussar-HSR-200Db
King Crab-KGC-000b
Marauder-MAD-1R, MAD-2R and the MAD-3R (C) versions.
Phoneix hawk-PXH-1b
Rifleman-RFL-3N (C)
Shadow Hawk-SHD-2H (C)
Stalker-STK-3Fb
Striker-STC-2D
Thug-11Eb
Thunderbolt-TDR-5S (C)
Victor-VTR-9B (C)
Warhammer-WHM-6Rb and the WHM-6R (C)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #8 on: 15 March 2011, 16:17:46 »
Only reason I used the Glass Spider was because of the Burrock's Gauss Rifle creation.  That's all.

However, I plan to incorporate some Great Wyrm and Highlander IIC.

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #9 on: 15 March 2011, 16:51:12 »
How about an old Talon in place of some of those Locust IICs? The Black Knight is always good too. A personal favorite of mine.   ;)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 15 March 2011, 17:15:32 »
Forgetting a moment, there is always the Sling. And its upgrade, SL-1H, the energy vampire.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2013, 00:22:01 »
Aww, I totally just noticed that you used my format for the 29th Blood Drinkers for this! Maybe we should have a MegaMek brawl of our personal Clusters one day.  :))
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2013, 00:57:26 »
Aww, I totally just noticed that you used my format for the 29th Blood Drinkers for this! Maybe we should have a MegaMek brawl of our personal Clusters one day.  :))

I really admired the layout of your unit at the time I created my force (and still do).  Obviously, there will be no protomechs in my formation (damn shame as well...  I really like using them, and if the Burrocks never got absorbed I'm pretty sure they would like them).

Since Alpha Strike came out, and since I recently updated my Burrock book (sig), I've been going though this unit again and messing with different designs (including the custom designs in my book).

EDIT:  Posted what I have so far above as the original post.   :)
« Last Edit: 26 September 2013, 02:16:48 by Fear Factory »