Author Topic: Well this happened. MWO Flea, for real this time  (Read 5425 times)

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Well this happened. MWO Flea, for real this time
« on: 01 March 2018, 17:25:20 »
https://mwomercs.com/flea

I am amused that the Fire Ant got in there
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
Re: Well this happened. MWO Flea, for real this time
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2018, 17:46:17 »
Didn't care the first time around.

Still don't.

Roughneck was the last purchase for me...and I get another one of those for free this month.

On to April...
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2018, 19:49:21 »
Lovely design! Viability aside, it makes sense that they'd eventually release it in MWO because someone actually went and 3D modeled it. IIRC the original artist even went on to get hired by PGI. So, theoretically they've already got the model to go off of.

Here's the link to the forum thread: https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/209067-flea-mech-3d-model/page__st__20
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2018, 21:04:58 »
PROMISE KEPT! Lol

But seriously, another 3025 era design and another light, nice to see they haven't forgotten. Almost curious is they are trying to cover as many fan demanded 'Mechs as possible before MW5 - Blood Asp, Fafnir...

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2018, 22:16:44 »
Wasp? Mongoose? Gladiator? Goliath??

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2018, 22:32:12 »
Interesting - HBS apparently teased the Flea last month in a list of which 'Mech would you pick as your Valentine, and PGI peeps have admitted they had apparently planned on actually doing the Flea far back as MechCon. It would also fill a gap in BattleTech's 'Mech roster as much as MW5 and MWO...

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2018, 12:21:52 »
I still remember playing MW4:mercs and going solo with a Flea armed with only an auto cannon for as long as possible.  Really helped fill the bank account early on.

I don't play MWO though, so I'm not sure how it could ever be useful there?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2018, 18:38:09 »
I still remember playing MW4:mercs and going solo with a Flea armed with only an auto cannon for as long as possible.  Really helped fill the bank account early on.

I don't play MWO though, so I'm not sure how it could ever be useful there?
I remember that in MW4Mercs, being sponsored by Wolf's Dragoons gave you bunch of Fleas. Selling those filled bank account early on :P

In MWO it will be mostly a "joke" machine, i think, something you'll take to have some fun. Small size and MASC mean it will be difficult to hit so in theory a skilled pilot can dance around enemies and slowly wear them down. In practice, the 'Mech will keel over the moment someone looks at it angrily, just like the Locust.
EDIT I guess it makes for a fine scout in large games due to its extreme speed, but i don't play those.

Still remember when a brave Locust pilot took on my Atlas. Locust center torso, meet AC/20; AC/20, meet Locust center torso...

Senorsuperman

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2018, 06:29:57 »
Finally... Been waiting forever for this one it seems!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2018, 20:43:53 »
Next week!

Standard Badge - The Pest

Collector Page Page - The Bite

Register