Author Topic: MWO: Warhammer IIC  (Read 7171 times)

MarauderD

• Major
MWO: Warhammer IIC
« on: 03 October 2018, 18:01:29 »
New mech announced today!  Discuss!
« Last Edit: 06 March 2019, 14:12:36 by MarauderD »

Luciora

• Major
Re: Warhammer IIC: MWO
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2018, 18:12:26 »
It's a reasonable take on the 4 chassis.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2018, 18:12:54 »
First thought: Whoo, i can play the game in a year then (not buying more 'Mechs for real money).
Second thought, on seeing the 'Mech: Never mind.

I like the PP-fied Warhammer IIC but this doesn't quite look right. Less bulging torso, generally too thick (the waist on PP-Whammy IIC is thinner). Ok, the model's not gonna look quite like the concept art in the end, so it may end up turning OK.

EDIT Wait what the hell, when did they announce the Hatamoto-Chi!
« Last Edit: 03 October 2018, 18:14:33 by Empyrus »

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2018, 18:57:30 »
I love the way it looks.  I'm not sure I'm going to buy the collector's edition though, especially since it doesn't match its TRO colors like the collector's edition Marauder IIC.

Another thing this tells me is what deal PGI struck with HG over the Macross derivatives.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2018, 20:42:31 »
Certainly resembles more closely the Reseen version of the Warhammer IIC.  With streamline the launcher & search light i mean.

« Last Edit: 03 October 2018, 20:45:01 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2018, 21:52:15 »
And it drops during the month I don't have any money, of course.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #6 on: 04 October 2018, 07:23:00 »
Also wondering who the pilot of Maul is going to be. It's obviously not Thaddeus Marik. Maybe Russou Howell?

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 04 October 2018, 10:11:02 »
Also wondering who the pilot of Maul is going to be. It's obviously not Thaddeus Marik. Maybe Russou Howell?
Maybe his first name is Dark.  ;)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: 04 October 2018, 16:25:39 »
I can't wrap my head around this one. The silhouette is all wrong. I gave it a long while to digest, but... looks like a... Grand Crusader IIC? Or something similar. My mind keeps going back to the old SNES Mechwarrior game. 

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2018, 17:57:34 »

Russou Howell already has a Mad Dog in the game called "Bandit".
BATTLEMASTER

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2018, 18:07:09 »
Excited at the announcement...disappointed at the concept art.

Just off/wrong in so many ways... :-\

Barely registers as a Warhammer IIC in my mind.

I was wondering if we were going to get two 80-ton mechs for the clans like we did the IS and I was hoping for the Warhammer IIC and Phoenix Hawk IIC...but after the seeing the art for the Warhammer IIC, I'm not so sure.

While the Charger and Hatamoto-XXX series are directly related, I do not recall anything similar in the Clans so figured it might have been decided by tonnage as I believe there was mention that both the IS and Clans would be getting two mechs each.  Maybe for January now as the WHMIIC drops in February?  Seems like there's been a trend to reserve one month for a PGI design the past few years as well.  Luv my Roughnecks, pass on the Sunspider...even the free one gathering dust in my mech bay.

Looking forward to the Charger (hoping the in-game model is better than the concept art).  Wouldn't mind a Rifleman IIC either.

"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #11 on: 04 October 2018, 18:32:48 »
My favorite iteration of the Warhammer IIC by looks was from one of the AssaultTech 1 demos when MekTek was still doing MechWarrior-related stuff.
BATTLEMASTER

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: 04 October 2018, 19:23:51 »
While the Charger and Hatamoto-XXX series are directly related, I do not recall anything similar in the Clans so figured it might have been decided by tonnage as I believe there was mention that both the IS and Clans would be getting two mechs each.

People assumed, but yeah the Charger and Hatamoto being 1.5 'Mechs rather than two meant any Clan version would have to have a similar similarity - if they hadn't done the Hellfire already a Hellfire/Lupus pack would have been perfect to my mind.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2018, 05:34:52 »
I can't wrap my head around this one. The silhouette is all wrong. I gave it a long while to digest, but... looks like a... Grand Crusader IIC? Or something similar. My mind keeps going back to the old SNES Mechwarrior game.

The below image is of a Warhammer IIC 3, which is closest thing I could find that would pass for the MWO version. The Warhammer IIC 4, (regular Phoenix Variant) has the big twin SRM launchers on it, that those it off.  I still think they're a strong resemblance of the reseen version, but not of the original Warhammer IIC.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2018, 05:36:17 »
I still think they're a strong resemblance of the reseen version, but not of the original Warhammer IIC.

I enjoy both the unseen and reseen Warhammer IIC illustrations. I think this is just an odd amalgam of the two. Or rather; a combination of elements from the reseen IIC and Inner Sphere MWO Warhammer (with-- some additional geometry from neither source that I can't figure out). Whereas the MWO Marauder IIC took the vast majority of it's inspiration from the reseen IIC. Anyway, I think this would have been more pleasing with upper legs/thighs from a clearly defined source, and the head more closely in following the reseen art. Very interested to see how the illustration translates into the 3D model, though.     

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 07 October 2018, 19:01:08 »
Very interested to see how the illustration translates into the 3D model, though.     

This is key.

Orion art was blasphemous, in-game model sweet - though it had to grow on me just a bit.

Enforcer art was glorious, in-game model not so much - the head is nothing like the art.

Assassin was good all round as was the Vulcan IMO.

Turkey, er Champion art did not impress, the in-game model does.  Not my type of ride, but could be cool.

I have hopes the Charger in-game model will improve upon the art.

I think the WHMIIC cockpit is what is bugging me the most for some reason.

« Last Edit: 07 October 2018, 19:02:52 by Burning Chrome »

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2018, 00:07:57 »
Really? I dunno, it looks exactly like how I would expect a 10 ton heavier Clantech-addled MWO Warhammer to look. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the massive intakes.

Hextic

• Recruit
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2018, 11:01:46 »
I must be the odd one out, because I absolutely love the way it looks.  Looks exactly what I would think an upgraded/upweighted Warhammer would look like.

Actually makes me want to use a IIC on Tabletop.  I hated the old anime style art, and the annihilator wannabe looks of the reseen.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2018, 23:56:14 »
The Warhammer IIC has served me well in table top and MegaMek

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #19 on: 13 October 2018, 00:11:08 »
I like how it looks. I'm just not sure I like it as a warhammer, though.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2018, 23:48:11 »
Curious...

https://twitter.com/MechWarriorF2P/status/1066106742356959232

Warhammer IIC Early Adopters Countdown! 7 days left! This Mech is so hot right now! Don't miss out on this extra content. If you don't buy it now you will wish you did after Mech_Con... Shhh I can't tell you why.
https://mwomercs.com/warhammeriic

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2018, 01:22:26 »
Very curious. I was gifted the Wammer IIC, which makes me wonder if I qualify for... whatever it is

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 25 November 2018, 08:05:42 »
Very curious. I was gifted the Wrammer IIC, which makes me wonder if I qualify for... whatever it is
You like been playing for while and possibly bought stuff. Unlike myself who is poor and never did.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #23 on: 25 November 2018, 16:15:41 »
No, this isn't the loyalty 'Mechs, this seems to be some bonus early adopter stuff just for the Warhammer IIC.

That said, using the loyalty 'Mech eligibility as an example as long as Deadborder redeems the gift code within the early adopter window he will get whatever bonus stuff PGI are teasing.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2018, 16:17:30 »
No, this isn't the loyalty 'Mechs, this seems to be some bonus early adopter stuff just for the Warhammer IIC.

That said, using the loyalty 'Mech eligibility as an example as long as Deadborder redeems the gift code within the early adopter window he will get whatever bonus stuff PGI are teasing.

Thank you for that. I redeemed my gift code weeks ago, so fingers crossed

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: 06 December 2018, 17:46:16 »
Well that was interesting.

PGI's "preorder so you don't miss out!" sizzle for the Warhammer IIC turned out to be free Boxing Day Hero... which even people who'd never buy a Warhammer IIC with cash money like myself will get. Lots of people bought, Fear Of Missing Out, PGI has realised they were perhaps unclear and has offered to make it up to people.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2018/12/2186-warhammer-iic-new-variant-added-early-adopters-extended

Early Adopter window extended to end of December and PGI original early adopter variant added!

Warhammer IIC A - LB-10X in each arm, Streak 6 and ER Medium Laser in each side torso, 2 tons streak, 2 tons LBX ammo, 320 standard engine, ff, endo, 12 double heat sinks.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: 14 December 2018, 03:28:15 »
PGI had a number of streams showing pattern design for the Warhammer IIC, which of course means showing off the current model too...

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #27 on: 14 December 2018, 16:50:04 »
PGI had a number of streams showing pattern design for the Warhammer IIC, which of course means showing off the current model too...

Did you get any of the pattern pictures?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: 14 February 2019, 03:21:43 »
The Soon-ness is Upon Us!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: 14 February 2019, 07:56:54 »
I will laugh they bring the Phoenix Hawk IIC. That will be different.  :D

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #30 on: 14 February 2019, 16:57:28 »
Jazz Hands mechs, unite!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: 17 February 2019, 21:11:00 »
Quirks? What quirks? ie not many/not really.

Scale comparison - sadly none against its IS counterpart...

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #32 on: 17 February 2019, 21:12:41 »
I am not a fan of that tube placement.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #33 on: 18 February 2019, 14:00:19 »
I really like it. I'm glad they got rid of the three toes, and adjusted some of the proportions. Looks great. Like a Warhammer.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #34 on: 20 February 2019, 18:30:30 »
Woah. I got on finally today since the patch, i didn't know they were giving away free Warhammer IICs!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #35 on: 21 February 2019, 00:56:32 »
Woah. I got on finally today since the patch, i didn't know they were giving away free Warhammer IICs!

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63653.0

That said, compared to the Sun Spider the sheer mass of Warhammer IICs is amazing, like the good old days of mech pack releases.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #36 on: 21 February 2019, 17:37:37 »
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63653.0

That said, compared to the Sun Spider the sheer mass of Warhammer IICs is amazing, like the good old days of mech pack releases.

With that being said, I see more of the free Wammy than any other.

Anyway, time to get XP grinding on all nine of mine...

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 24 February 2019, 21:11:07 »
The in-game model is much better than the concept art...lots of nice little touches, especially behind the head/cockpit, the way the armor panels around the shoulder/upper arm moves.

Nicely done!

I'm enjoying the free one I received.

:thumbsup: