Author Topic: Partial Cover  (Read 1062 times)

ironnerd88

• Private
Partial Cover
« on: 15 October 2018, 18:30:16 »
Hey, all.
I've been playing Alpha Strike for a year or so now, and I find it to be a really enjoyable game. I have one question about Partial Cover though.

In CBT, Partial cover is +1 to hit, leg hits strike the cover. In AS, Partial cover is just like trees. I get that it's a simplification, but it's not really partial cover anymore. I was thinking +1 to hit, and roll d6, 1-3 strikes cover, 4-6 strikes target. At least that has a chance of wrecking the building the 'Mech is hiding behind.

That's really my only rules "what if".
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Partial Cover
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2018, 23:02:50 »
Go a bit further and have woods and in buildings work the same. Get rid of most do the trrrain to hit modifiers for this cover rule?
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
Re: Partial Cover
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2018, 18:25:53 »
Actually its more OP than trees because your opponent suffers the +2 while you dont. Water is the greatest feature in AS because yoy can also OH 1 for free as well as getting PC and your full movement mods.

But if you want to change things up in your game then do it! Its your game after all...