Author Topic: AS Salvage Rules  (Read 2191 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
AS Salvage Rules
« on: 12 November 2018, 14:41:57 »
Does AS p 119 describe any other salvage than mechs?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: AS Salvage Rules
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2018, 15:06:35 »
It refers to 'units' and excepts infantry, crashed aerospace units, or anything destroyed by bomb or artillery damage - so I imagine it applies to everything else

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2018, 15:19:30 »
Does AS p 119 describe any other salvage than mechs?

Full salvage "rules" for Alpha Strike can be found in the Alpha Strike Companion, pg. 173.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2018, 15:40:30 »
It refers to 'units' and excepts infantry, crashed aerospace units, or anything destroyed by bomb or artillery damage - so I imagine it applies to everything else

I am asking b/c its cited as one of two locations for Chaos campaigns for salvage.  The TW page referred to just mentioned the old 'truly destroyed' but did not cover vehicles, VTOL, BA or crashed ASF/DS.  And while it referenced TW pg 128, nothing on that page talked directly about salvage.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2018, 16:01:28 »

"Okay, so we salvaged Bob's arm and Jim's kidney.  Looks like Dave will be good to go after a few hours in surgery."

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #5 on: 12 November 2018, 16:42:39 »
"Okay, so we salvaged Bob's arm and Jim's kidney.  Looks like Dave will be good to go after a few hours in surgery."
Usual 31st century medicine.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2018, 17:34:07 »
I want to say its TacOps that not all infantry are truly dead- but that is not what I am looking for but rather non-Mech specifics.
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2018, 17:46:39 »
I want to say its TacOps that not all infantry are truly dead- but that is not what I am looking for but rather non-Mech specifics.

Alpha Strike Companion pg. 173.  Seriously.  It's everything you need for salvage in Alpha Strike.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

StingerTheRaven

• Private
  • Vroom
« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2018, 22:07:52 »
-snip-
Not everyone has Companion though?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 12 November 2018, 22:17:38 »
Not everyone has Companion though?

Then that seems unfortunate, because that's where the full rules are.

To fully answer the OP's question: Alpha Strike pg. 119 is unit-type agnostic.  It's also tech-skill agnostic.  Honestly, it's significantly more complete than I remember it being and you can probably use it if you don't mind missing out on the finer points (or on whether the pilots/operators of a given unit are okay).
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2018, 23:21:23 »
I was asking b/c I do not play AS but its one of the two references for salvage in Campaign Ops.  The TW reference does not really provide an answer since it only mentions mechs and the old Truly Destroyed bit.
Colt Ward