Author Topic: Huntsville Worlds Winner Announced!!  (Read 2520 times)

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
Huntsville Worlds Winner Announced!!
« on: 21 June 2011, 18:41:20 »
Congratulations to Nicholas Haupt (callsign:  Denelic), the 2011 Huntsville World Champion!

Nic defeated a pool of 21 other players, including some of the best I have ever faced, AND beat his own uncle in the Championship Round to come out on top.

Also congratulations to Bill Smith (callsign:  Rocktroll), who won Fellowship AND the Second-Chance Tournament (for those not in the Top 8 from the qualifying rounds).  Nice work Bill!

Thanks to Jeff Shoffner for running the event.  And I will be posting the winning armies and player list as I have time.
ilClan Wolf - it's about damn time . . .

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
Re: Huntsville Worlds Winner Announced!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2011, 18:51:32 »
Rankings after Round Three:
(Line denotes cutoff for the Final 8 Championship Tournament)

Name   VCs   VC 2 total points   Rank

3/0 W/L players
Adam Stegall   11   2005   1
CJ Domingo   10   1302   2
Kirk McCauley   7   1538   3

2/1 W/L players
Kirk Hardesty   8   2012   4
Donald Lear   7   1972   5
Rick Harris   7   1756   6
Nick Haupt   6   1899   7
Victor Basinger   6   1363   8
Roger Miller   2   848   12

1/2 W/L players
Jeremy Williams   5   2103   13
Jacob Wiser   4   2079   14
Kipling Gillespie   3   1669   15
Robert Spencer   3   1601   16
Chris Oaks   3   990   17
Bill Smith                   2   1398   18
John Pounders   2   893   19
Kris Wilson   0   219   20

0/3 W/L players
Scott Willardton   3   720   21
Mike Oaks   1   850   22

"Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics." - Worktroll

Fat Ninja

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2011, 18:52:32 »
NICE!  Rocktroll is a good guy.

Sounds like you guys had a good turnout. 
Still that same Fat Ninja from Wizkids, Realms, and every other flippin' place online.

AsburyGrad

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2011, 18:53:21 »
Second Tournament, Final Eight
Round One: Pairings and Results

Adam Stegall    Def.   CJ Domingo*
Kirk Hardesty    Def.   Kirk McCauley
Rick Harris   Def.   Donald Lear
Nick Haupt   Def.   Victor Basinger
* CJ Domingo withdraws from tournament

Round Two: Pairings and Results

Nick Haupt    Def.   Adam Stegall
Kirk Hardesty   Def.   Rick Harris

Round Three: Pairings and Results

Nick Haupt   Def.   Kirk Hardesty

Championship Winner:      Nick Haupt

LordNth

• Warrant Officer
  • Still playing with toys.
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2011, 18:56:26 »
Give away all the CSB Totem Mechs?

Sounds fun and I'm surprised at all the faces I still recognize from the heydays of MW from Dethtongue's photos.

Mang Boning

« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2011, 23:33:10 »
Dale,

Just an FYI, CJ Domingo defeated Adam Stegall in Round One of the Top Eight. He withdrew between rounds, stating something to the effect of "I get to play in finals every time, but the two times my buddy [Adam] gets in, I have to be the one to beat him." He spent a lot of time preparing the Asheville team, and was disappointed that they were forced to knock each other out of the fight starting with the second round. Several of the guys who went are heading off to various colleges and grad programs so probably won't get to play in next year's big event.

Is there any chance of a return to the old attempts to not pit venue members against each other for at least a couple of rounds, or at least for visiting players?  :-\

Regardless, good job with the event overall.  [rockon]
And many thanks to  [notworthy] Jeff.
Hope to play y'all again  :D

Kolya Tseng

« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2011, 03:30:53 »

Is there any chance of a return to the old attempts to not pit venue members against each other for at least a couple of rounds, or at least for visiting players?  :-\

^^ That ^^

Was a bit of a bummer to have to travel 10 hours to play the same people we play every week.

Was still a blast and my matches with Roger were some of the most fun I've had in the game.

thanks again Jeff
« Last Edit: 27 June 2011, 03:37:56 by Kolya Tseng »

Register