Author Topic: UrbanMech IIC in the Patch Notes  (Read 1297 times)

Goose

• Lieutenant
  • … the Laws on his tail, burning for home …
    • Home of HeavyMetal Pro
UrbanMech IIC in the Patch Notes
« on: 16 September 2023, 18:17:12 »
Never-mind the new Atlas: Even more potent UrbanMech swarms! :bruce6sg:
Goose
The Ancient Egyptian God of Fractional AccountingAnimare Tai-sa Shikishima
I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
Re: UrbanMech IIC in the Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2023, 23:22:55 »
Yep; looking forward to the Clan Urbies! We were long overdue!

Better late than never, as far as I'm concerned!
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2023, 00:41:32 »
Urbie IIC!  Locust IIC when?  :P

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2023, 22:46:29 »
The Urbie IICs are out, and from what I've seen, they play pretty nice! Tough little guys, just like their Inner Sphere predecessors, though probably not as tough. Don't have mine yet, but I'll get them sooner or later!

I'm mildly disappointed that, at least from what I could see as a spectator whenever I happened to die while on the same team as an Urbie IIC player, the cockpit is exactly the same as that of Inner Sphere UrbanMechs. It seems it is now the only IIC BattleMech in the game without a unique cockpit. The Orion IIC's was the most similar to the Orion's of the other IICs we have, but even that one had some visibly distinct features. Oh well. From the outside at least, the UrbanMech IIC looks very nice.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2023, 06:33:22 »
Despite them being billed as such really these are just normal UrbanMechs with some fancy bolt-ons to make them look like IIC version and ability to run Clan-tech, not really a true IIC.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2023, 07:57:39 »
Despite them being billed as such really these are just normal UrbanMechs with some fancy bolt-ons to make them look like IIC version and ability to run Clan-tech, not really a true IIC.

That's a shame!  At first I thought they looked different but now I see they don't.  They should look different.  That's really cheap  :undecided:
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2023, 08:30:06 »
They do look different!

... They look like the UM-R63(S). Which until now, had a unique torso model among UrbanMechs that they clearly reused.

Ah well. It is disappointing, but I hope at least you can use Clan camo patterns on these, as well as on Gausszilla. I don't have any of these Inner Sphere-to-Clan legendaries yet, so I can't play with their camospecs and see if they're still using the Inner Sphere options.

EDIT: Got the Urbie IICs as a gift from my partner, and yeah, they do use the Clan faction patterns instead of the Inner Sphere ones!
« Last Edit: 20 September 2023, 20:08:27 by Akamia »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2023, 19:21:41 »
I haven't seen one yet in game, but seem not much different from UrbanMech from what pictures I've seen.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2023, 04:49:25 »
Yeah, it's literally just a full Clantech UrbanMech. To be fair, that describes tabletop UrbanMech IICs just as well, and sometimes other IICs to some extent or another. As I stated before, it uses the Special Urbie's geometry, from the collector's tier of the UrbanMech ’Mech pack; I only know that because I checked my collection from the website, which shows which variants I own and which ones I don't, with images that would display in the select screen in-game on initial acquisition, typically showing what the ’Mech looks like from the waist up.

I appreciate that the UrbanMech IIC is in the game in some form or another now. Even if it literally is a reused UrbanMech asset – one from a very specific variant that probably no one playing the game today has ever seen before anyway, or if they have it's been a very long time; hell, I myself didn't know the Special UM-R63 looked any different besides the camo pattern until I checked it out via the means above two days ago, since I do not own it myself yet – I'm happy with it. Playing it is pretty fun. The Clan Coyote and Clan Hell's Horses stuff included in the mini Battle Pass are also neat, and its faction camo options draw from the Clans instead of the Inner Sphere as normal UrbanMechs do.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2023, 05:03:15 by Akamia »

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2023, 06:49:31 »
I play my special model constantly when I take out Urbie, got to get those C-Bills.

Akamia

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2023, 01:09:43 »
Well, sure, but how often do you play Urbies? I matched with you once last year – pretty sure it was you, at least; you had opened with a very ComStar-esque greeting in chat that match, and your forum handle made up part of your in-game name – and you weren't in any Urbie variant that existed at the time. None of the other UrbanMech pilots I've seen seem to be playing that one in particular; it's always the C-Bill version, a different C-Bill variant, some other special like a loyalty variant, K-9, Snowball, Street Cleaner... and now that they're a thing, the legendary IICs as well.

My point being, even if it turns out that you alone are deploying that thing from time to time, or even a very small amount of other people besides yourself, it's still a vanishingly rare variant to see fielded to the point most people will probably never have seen it before.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2023, 22:14:48 by Akamia »

Register