Author Topic: Obligatory MechWarrior 5/3015 Topic  (Read 15033 times)

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
Re: Obligatory MechWarrior 5/3015 Topic
« Reply #30 on: 30 March 2011, 12:04:57 »
I don't know of any actual rules for the game having been released or even hinted at but being that this was going to be cross platform (including the Xbox) you can bet the farm on Battlemunchkin. You do, afterall, have to appeal to the 12 year old warmongering sycophants to bolster sales right?
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!

Stormwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 30 March 2011, 15:31:06 »
Was there ever any info on how the mechs were to be constructed?  What I mean is were they to be like MW4:Mercs--which to me was more like battlemunchkin, and thus I hated the game--or is it to be more like the tabletop board game--which I would love--construction rules?

Unknown at this point, I'm personally hoping for a MW2/MW3 style mechlab.

F T C

• Corporal
« Reply #32 on: 31 March 2011, 12:37:07 »
I don't know of any actual rules for the game having been released or even hinted at but being that this was going to be cross platform (including the Xbox) you can bet the farm on Battlemunchkin. You do, afterall, have to appeal to the 12 year old warmongering sycophants to bolster sales right?

That is what I figured would probably happen, but I hope it does not.
"F T C is old.  He hates new stuff." -- Warmarshall's wife

Dark Jackal

• Corporal
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2011, 17:25:42 »
It is possible the project is still on hold until a publisher is found. I doubt the Harmony Gold issue would stall the game compared to publishers unwilling to fund this game through the development cycle. A port over of the 'modern' Project Phoenix 'Mechs would avoid unecessary cameo costs associtated with the old look of some 'Mechs.