Author Topic: Robotech RPG Tactics scale  (Read 73779 times)

ijewett

• Sergeant
Re: Robotech RPG Tactics scale
« Reply #330 on: 10 February 2015, 00:16:19 »
They look awesome.  Which parts did you modify?

They were not done by me. But I know he modified the legs (like cut a chunk out of them) and arms. One of the layers of the feet was removed.

The Blue line is where the leg was reattached.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #331 on: 10 February 2015, 19:14:58 »
been working on my brother's forces (he asked me to assemble them since i'm better at that.. and have more time. he told me to do his first since if i screw up he won't care as much)

i salvaged what he did (why the glaug is missing an arm and one of the pods has a weird "falling backwards" pose) and have been working on more pods..

« Last Edit: 10 February 2015, 19:16:59 by glitterboy2098 »

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #332 on: 11 February 2015, 11:45:33 »
I just realized that one of my regaults the top antenna or whatever I put it on wrong so it stands straight up..

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #333 on: 11 February 2015, 15:39:12 »
not really an issue honestly. those aren't antenna, they're anti-aircraft laser cannons in a turret. so obviously if they're facing a different direction they're about to make some flyboy's day a very bad one..

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #334 on: 12 February 2016, 21:26:13 »

I realize this thread is a bit old, but just had to say that DAMN I soooooooooooo loved the original Warhammer IIC !!! It's replacement just looks sad and ridiculous to me.

Also - I just got my hands on the Spartan/Phalanx set and the Tomahawk/Defender set, and have mixed thoughts on them.

At first glance the Tomahawk is a terrific substitute for the old unseen Warhammer and the Phalanx is also a great substitute for the old unseen Longbow. The Spartan is just a bit smallish, but a very usable replacement for the old unseen Archer and is almost exactly the same size as the older unseen mini with it's arms down by it's sides. The Defender has the same body size as the unseen Rifleman, but it's arms are terrible and way to narrow/skinny.

For use with Battletech, the Tomahawk/Warhammer and the Phalanx/Longbow are both perfect. Mounted on a IWM hex base the Spartan/Archer works very well too, though it's upper arms are just a bit thin. To utilize the Defender/Rifleman you'd probably have to find a way to widen the arms and the width between the barrels, as well as probably replace the barrels.

Should be getting my hands on the Valkyries pretty soon, and have some high hopes for them.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #335 on: 14 February 2016, 17:34:56 »
Has anyone done a side by side of the Officer Pod and the Marauder II/ I remember someone saying it would work as the MII but I don't recall seeing any pics.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #336 on: 14 February 2016, 17:59:08 »
Has anyone done a side by side of the Officer Pod and the Marauder II/ I remember someone saying it would work as the MII but I don't recall seeing any pics.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=42584.msg989061#msg989061
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #337 on: 14 February 2016, 19:54:30 »
So second from the left is the reseen marauder II or the reseen marauder. Not sure which is which on the ressens... just want a good unseen marauder II replacement but I am thinking give it some fins and it should work. At least until the new classics are out.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #338 on: 14 February 2016, 20:26:45 »
Second from the left is the Reseen Marauder II. My personal opinion is that the RTT mini is a bit big for a IWM-scale MadII; I'd probably slice about 3/8" out just below the knee, but it'd still look a little bulky.

The problem is, if a Zentraedi is the same size as a Valkyrie (aka Stinger/Wasp) - given Max Sterling's Valkyrie wore a Zentraedi overcoat - then the Glaug has to be scaled to let a Stinger/Wasp fit into the cockpit. I know, bringing logic to a BT/RT topic ...   ::) :D
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #339 on: 14 February 2016, 21:34:27 »
150 ton Marauder IV :)
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #340 on: 14 February 2016, 23:47:19 »
150 ton Marauder IV :)

Oh great, now I'm going to have NIGHTMARES !!!  [skull]

Thanx a lot....  [tickedoff]

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #341 on: 15 February 2016, 17:38:34 »
Second from the left is the Reseen Marauder II. My personal opinion is that the RTT mini is a bit big for a IWM-scale MadII; I'd probably slice about 3/8" out just below the knee, but it'd still look a little bulky.

The problem is, if a Zentraedi is the same size as a Valkyrie (aka Stinger/Wasp) - given Max Sterling's Valkyrie wore a Zentraedi overcoat - then the Glaug has to be scaled to let a Stinger/Wasp fit into the cockpit. I know, bringing logic to a BT/RT topic ...   ::) :D
zents actually average 36-40ft, not the 50ft of a VF. though some of their officer types can get very tall (breetai was 50+, and Dolza was a whopping 60+) the officer types usually aren't seen in mecha (khyron seems to be an exception.. and yes there is a bit of a fridge logic when you realize he should be shown as much more cramped in that cockpit than we got)

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #342 on: 15 February 2016, 22:57:52 »
dontchya know?

the interior was made of pure Gallifreyan Handwavium  :)

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Register