Author Topic: Zeus 6S on Klondike Pentagon Powers RAT  (Read 1872 times)

A. Lurker

• Major
Zeus 6S on Klondike Pentagon Powers RAT
« on: 20 May 2013, 04:42:29 »
As near as I can tell from the MUL at the moment, the first known variants of the Zeus BattleMech (5T and 5S) were introduced in 2787 and 2788, or about three and four years after Kerensky's Exodus, respectively. So when any Zeus at all, let alone the ZEU-6S whose introduction date is again set just over a century later, shows up on the Pentagon Powers RAT on p. 146 of Historical: Operation Klondike (specifically in position 8 of column C for assault 'Mechs, I can't help but wonder just what it's doing there...providing stealth evidence that time travel does after all exist in the BattleTech universe, perhaps? ;)

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Zeus 6S on Klondike Pentagon Powers RAT
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2013, 11:22:30 »
Hi,

Not really; it could be more a case of happy coincidence; SLDF techs, trying to keep their remaining Zeuses operational, stumbled on the very same combo of components that would make the Zeus-6S.

Alternatively, it's an error. But I like my explanation better (for now).

Thanks,

- Herb

A. Lurker

• Major
Re: Zeus 6S on Klondike Pentagon Powers RAT
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2013, 11:42:03 »
Fair enough. Would still be interesting to know where the "remaining Zeuses" even came from in the first place, mind -- none of the variants currently listed on the MUL are old enough to have been brought along on the Exodus in the first place. :)