Author Topic: Early bloodnamed (Sorrow of Eden)  (Read 1831 times)

BaldDen

• Sergeant
Early bloodnamed (Sorrow of Eden)
« on: 17 April 2021, 14:46:45 »
Hi. I'm just read short story "Sorrow of Eden". In story mentions 3 bloodnamed warriors, Geoffry Ustone, Kseniya Helmer, Isabelle Yont.
Who is this warrior, "canistre-born" or blood children of the founders?
Thora, Jae-Hyouk's own daughter, is mentioned without a blood name.
And Adam Calbot himself does not mention his "bloodlines".

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Early bloodnamed (Sorrow of Eden)
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2021, 07:04:00 »
Hello! The author of this piece (Jaim Magnus) doesn't have access to this area, but asked me to copy/paste his thoughts here:

Hi there. Responding here because I don't have accesses in "Ask the Writers".

When I wrote "Sorrow of Eden" I didn't establish the exact relation of all the characters, BUT, they are all freeborn. The canister or trueborn would only have been 2 or 3 at this point (per Op Klondike p. 33, iron wombs were started in 2820). Geoffry Ustone, Kseniya Helmer, and Isabelle Yont are related to the Clan Founders. Whether they were sons and daughters, siblings, cousins, or nieces and nephews, I left that purposefully vague.

Thora lacks a bloodname simply because she is young and hadn't had a chance to compete for a bloodname yet.

Adam is one of the Clan Founders, one of the original 800. He doesn't mention this because, to him, this fact isn't important as it doesn't make him a better servant of the Clan.

Hope this helps.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

BaldDen

• Sergeant
Re: Early bloodnamed (Sorrow of Eden)
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2021, 16:30:56 »
Thanks!

Register