Author Topic: Battle Armor/Elementals falling off of a fallen mech  (Read 289 times)

Dune Manta

• Recruit
Battle Armor/Elementals falling off of a fallen mech
« on: 19 February 2024, 20:33:24 »
When a swarmed mech is falls over or goes prone to try to shake off the swarming units, TW page 222 describes them as taking 2d6 damage "...takes one hit...as if from an infantry attack". There has been some debate from myself and other community members about how exactly this is interpreted. If following the rules for infantry attacks on page 215, where the damage is divided into 2-point clusters, this would mean with a hypothetical damage number of 7, you would apply 2-2-2-1 damage to the BA squad, following normal damage allocation rules.

However, since it's also stated to be "one hit", it could also mean that the hypothetical 7 damage is applied to a single suit. Which would also mean that if a damage result of 11 or 12 is rolled, this would kill an undamaged suit outright.

There has been an extraordinary amount of debate over this in a couple of communities where I asked this question, I hope for a more official and definitive answer to this.

Dune Manta

• Recruit
Re: Battle Armor/Elementals falling off of a fallen mech
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2024, 18:09:22 »
Bump

Dune Manta

• Recruit
Re: Battle Armor/Elementals falling off of a fallen mech
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2024, 21:50:49 »
Bump

Register