Author Topic: [Campaign Ops]Thoughts on Administrators  (Read 3595 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
[Campaign Ops]Thoughts on Administrators
« on: 20 June 2019, 06:14:27 »
Someone might want to give Cray a hollower seeing as I'm playing in his sandpit.

So far giving the latest AtB rules a good look because I want to start a game soon, I decided that they weren't really a good fit for me, because I want to use the CO rules to create my unit and I'd also like a campaign system like the Linked Scenarios rules in StratOps (Different post, hopefully coming soon) the gears in my head started turning. So I want to use the AtB which give functionality to having Admin personal, but I want to use the CO construction rules, which have that little problem with medical personal.

So so instead of one Administrator per every 10 combat and technical personal establishment is now one seven man team per company. A seven man team fills one of several roles: Legal, medical, recruitment, logistics, intelligence, counter-intelligence, training, and satellite warfare. Admin Teams have experience just like Tech Teams and use the same experience rules. Not having a team for a certain area may impose penalties, whilst having teams may grant bonuses. Personal can still pull double duty in order to make up numbers, but such teams are always treated as green, and medical and legal teams ALWAYS require a proper leader be hired.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: [Campaign Ops]Thoughts on Administrators
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2019, 08:28:16 »
So... fewer Admins than CO requires?  ???

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2019, 15:14:45 »
Yeah, problem due to the switch to making them work in teams and the need to set that to 7 because med teams are already that size. On the other hand their salary now scales with experience.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2019, 15:19:01 »
Medical Teams are only 5 personnel (per StratOps), though...

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2019, 00:57:26 »
Huh, must have missed that years ago or forgotten about it. And I went with a squad based system because it would make things easier to calculate.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2019, 12:12:46 »
If nothing else, have the other 2 in the team be stretcher-bearers or some support for the med types, like the guy who sets up their field gear while the doc/nurse focuses on the troops.

But yeah, for my larger merc unit- combined arms regiment (mech BN, armor BN, and infantry BN w/some aero)- I organized a support BN- 3 companies of techs/ammo/supply, platoon or two of medical (cannot remember) and a admin platoon, have to look at the spreadsheet to get actual numbers & break down.  The important thing is that Support unit's structure does not match a combat unit's structure- for example, offensive formations work better on a 3 sub-unit structure while garrison/occupying formations work better on a 4 sub-unit structure.

For example, this would hypothetically be my Support BN

Mech Tech Section/Company (shows up as green foot infantry)-  apprentices are assigned here
Com Lance Platoon- the green AsTechs in this platoon are apprentices
First Mech Tech Platoon
Second Mech Tech Platoon
Third Mech Tech Platoon

Armor Tech Section/Company-  apprentices are assigned here
First Armor Tech Platoon
Second Armor Tech Platoon
Third Armor Tech Platoon
Artillery Tech Platoon

Aero Tech Platoon (ASF/SC/VTOL)

BA/Infantry Armorer Tech Platoon-  apprentices are assigned here

Supply Section Platoon

Medical Section
2 Platoons (2 or 3 surgeons, 6 ER/Surg Nurses, 4 PAs, 2 GP docs, 18 general nurses, 13 orderlies/corpsmen)

HQ/Admin Section- maybe platoon

My DS and their crews also administratively fall under the Support BN for organizational purposes.  The Support BN has more personnel on the roster than your typical foot infantry BN- 10 infantry platoons vs 13-14 platoons.  However, no unit is ever at its full TO&E strength without a few specific things happening.  This does not include any personnel from the employer (since support can be negotiated) or any local hires . . .

. . . but I am really cautious about local hires for security reasons.  Will I hire 200 day laborers to put together a berm with my engineers in a day?  Sure . . . do I want some indig sitting in the HQ office bunker with all the secure computers and coms sitting around them?  No fricking way.  Heck, I do not want them serving as mess hall attendants either.  I mean my uses for natives, even on garrison contracts, would be pretty low depending on what the job is . . . manual labor where I have safety protocols to keep them from measuring my fire base?  Probably . . . anything they do that can affect the troops or equipment?  Hell no.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2019, 12:40:40 by Colt Ward »
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Register