Author Topic: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems  (Read 16004 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Reply #390 on: Today at 09:02:16 »
Good hire for Jersey.  I suspect the Devils will be back in playoffs next year

If they figure out a real option in net, I could see it. That's a good roster everywhere else. But... man, that goaltending was heinous this year, and really wasn't all that great the year prior if we're honest. Vitek Vanacek's trade to the Sharks was addition by subtraction- the less you have to lean on someone like that, the better. (I will never understand the love Capitals fans seem to still have for him)

If they can go shopping for a real net option this summer, that'll be huge for them, far beyond coaching needs. I'm not even talking a trade for Ulmark- the price would be huge for that, and strengthening another East team like Boston wouldn't be helpful for the Devils (or the Bruins, for that matter, sending Ulmark to a potential playoff opponent!). But a reasonable guy who can stop a puck once in a while- see if the Capitals are willing to part with Darcy Kuemper, for example (one year left on his deal and clearly the backup now, might be a reasonably cheap option), see if the Ducks are finally willing to make a realistic Gibson deal, etc., they could start making some real noise in the East again. But when you're constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if your goalie can have a good night and only let in four goals instead of five...
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+