Author Topic: MWO Longbow  (Read 706 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
MWO Longbow
« on: 21 November 2023, 16:45:17 »

Store link: Longbow

The 'Mech quirks link: Longbow quirks

Considering that the Stalker is already in the game, this is not going to be easy for the Longbow.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
Re: MWO Longbow
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2023, 17:22:53 »
It's 'bout time for the Longbow to be included in MWO's store for purchase!  :)

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2023, 17:38:26 »
Looking forward to playing one! Had fun flinging Arrow IVs in one with my partners the other day in a modded MW5 playthrough. Despite their shortcomings, I do greatly enjoy LRMs as well.

For now though, I’ll content myself running around in my brand new loyalty Wolfhound IIC!
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2023, 16:17:25 »
Ironically the real interest is probably in the Ballistic variants, something the Stalker can't match
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2023, 00:55:32 »
Ironically the real interest is probably in the Ballistic variants, something the Stalker can't match
Considering the fact how PGI and Cauldron have handled guided missiles, this is not surprising.

As for the Stalker, "War Emu" offers some ballistic hardpoints to the Stalker chassis users.

Anyway, I can not say that I see the Longbow in the game too often. And on the forums I do not see too many "Longbow owner" badges.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2023, 07:38:07 »
Anyway, I can not say that I see the Longbow in the game too often. And on the forums I do not see too many "Longbow owner" badges.

It was just released for sale almost two days ago.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2023, 10:25:38 »
Not in love you can't buy 1 variant than get all of them. I don't want my hangar spammed with stuff I won't use. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2023, 15:58:23 »
Maybe I'm too lore-oriented, but the quirks are a bit of a letdown. I expected a LRM boat on steroids. It turns out to be just another assault 'Mech.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks awesome and I have not actually purchased it or played it so cannot really say it’s bad. But nothing says LRM more than the Longbow yet the most notable quirk it gets is +15% LRM velocity.
No extra range.
No ammo bonus.
No improved targeting.

Not quite sure why I need this 'Mech?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2023, 11:42:53 »
"Emotional Support LRM Boat". Well, I'll give PGI one thing, they certainly knew what part of their playerbase they were selling to with this.

That said, I frankly don't really care for any of the variants that actually focus on missiles in terms of hardpoints. I always found missile based assaults to be a waste of team displacement and armor, so having a few options to get in the thick of it with raw guns and lasers is lovely.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2023, 11:47:57 »
It was just released for sale almost two days ago.
Sure, but when PGI released the Stone Rhino, I saw a lot of them in the game right since the moment they were introduced. The owners sported the owner's badges on the forums, etc.  With the Longbow, it is nothing like that.

Maybe I'm too lore-oriented, but the quirks are a bit of a letdown. I expected a LRM boat on steroids. It turns out to be just another assault 'Mech.

Don’t get me wrong, it looks awesome and I have not actually purchased it or played it so cannot really say it’s bad. But nothing says LRM more than the Longbow yet the most notable quirk it gets is +15% LRM velocity.
No extra range.
No ammo bonus.
No improved targeting.
You have missed the Sensor Range quirk that helps the Longbow to get a better missile lock in certain situations. Nothing magnificent, but it can help.
You have also missed the Targer Decay duration quirk that can be useful if running LRMs.

Not quite sure why I need this 'Mech?
Dunno. Maybe you like the Unseen 'Mechs?
« Last Edit: 24 November 2023, 11:49:54 by martian »