Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 6  (Read 141041 times)

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 6
« on: 01 March 2020, 12:06:46 »
Another public image.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 17:02:51 by Adrian Gideon »

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Nice!

It's hard to tell from this angle but it looks like the cockpit on the Orion is more angular then the wip concept art.

Actually like the current IWM sculpt. The angles remind me of certain tanks. At the same time, I really like how this new model looking similar to the Primitive Orion. A real beast of a 75 ton machine.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Still not a Longbow i like. Would prefer MW4-like looks (the original mini is too much of a "Star League potato"). Then again, whatever, not a big fan of the 'Mech anyhow, the Catapult, Crusader and Archer are enough.

The Bushwacker and Orion are looking great.

The Trebuchet... okay i guess. Arms seem a tad bulky but i think the angle may not be the best  here either.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Alright you crazy germ-fighting, Pacific Ocean traversing, Refusal War addicts, it's time for a new thread. I brought over three (above) to get started.

Fight.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 13:52:36 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
I got my redemption and malice link yesterday. Yeah!

No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
DING-DING! :beatdown:
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Love the new concept art!  Keep the images coming.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Cool images.   I don't know if I've gotten any emails yet for the new fiction, will have to check once I get home.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
+1 for the new thread title...  ^-^

EDIT: Annnnd… it's gone...
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 17:22:08 by Daryk »

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Like that update to the Bushwacker.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Doom

• Master Sergeant
The Trebuchet... okay i guess. Arms seem a tad bulky but i think the angle may not be the best  here either.

Geez, I didn't even know that was supposed to be a Trebuchet. My least favorite of the new minis yet.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Bringing over "I didn't get an email for Redemption and Malice," because I haven't.  :-\

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Given the angle of the shot obscuring the signature 'samurai/Vader helmet' I think I'm cool with it so far. All the bits are in the right place and proportions are tweaked so that the legs aren't sticks.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Given the angle of the shot obscuring the signature 'samurai/Vader helmet' I think I'm cool with it so far. All the bits are in the right place and proportions are tweaked so that the legs aren't sticks.
Line art is going to help a lot. These won't even look quite the same once they're converted to production minis.

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
I'm really liking the look of the bushwacker and trebuchet  :thumbsup:

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Yeah, that Trebuchet isn't grabbing me, but the angle is a weird one and I'm more than willing to give it a chance.  But I have plenty of older trebs so if this one mini isn't my favourite, I won't be too bummed out.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I wonder if their going to do a better version of the old Goliath... after all the original was Crusher Joe...

The newest is like 20 or so years old. Same for the Scorpion, even though I do like the Phoenix version better, I've always considered that the more SLDF realistic one.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Orion cockpit was always supposed to match the Second Succession Wars cover art.

Note the Longbow above is the 7Q. The OW and 7Q now appear as the above (meaning, they always did in universe).
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Not that I am impatient but when does the first wave ship?

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Not that I am impatient but when does the first wave ship?
May? If there are no more delays?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
The factories are still closed due to the coronavirus.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

BirdofPrey

• Major
Still not a Longbow i like. Would prefer MW4-like looks (the original mini is too much of a "Star League potato"). Then again, whatever, not a big fan of the 'Mech anyhow, the Catapult, Crusader and Archer are enough.

The Bushwacker and Orion are looking great.

Might be perspective.  The low angle and proximity to the camera makes it look huge in general.

I think I like them all still, though.  I didn't take this pack, because I couldn't justify buying EVERYTHING, but it's definitely high on my "buy later" list, and this reinforces that.

You know, I don't believe I've seen a kickstarter updated that says "By the way, China's not making anything right now, so expect delays", even if I already figured that is happening.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 15:32:27 by BirdofPrey »

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant

So delays.

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Maybe, just maybe, it is time for companies to move their production facilities.

Wolf72

• Captain
Like that update to the Bushwacker.

I have the metal mini (um from yeaaaars ago). will be nice to compare it to the new one side by side.  (my version of putting minis together is to hold it while glue sets ... sometimes takes quite a while)
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Luciora

• Major
I like the new renders, just not the title of the thread.  We have enough real world problems, and a reminder like that is just very unpleasant and unneeded to see on a gaming forum.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Interesting way to get our first look at the Trebuchet (unless we saw it before and I just missed it). Definitely liking all these redesigns, and I'm really glad to see the Longbow get sorted out
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

DarkSpade

• Major
Not the best angle on that photo.  Looking forward to... forward shots.

Longbow:  An improvement

Orion: the mismatched arms still trigger my CDO, but otherwise I like it.

Bushwacker: I don't remember if I got this one or not and I'm going to be pissed at myself it I didn't.  I like it.

Trebuchet: Large missile launchers on arms with hands always look odd to me, but otherwise I'm liking it.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Wolf72

• Captain
Not the best angle on that photo.  Looking forward to... forward shots.

Bushwacker: I don't remember if I got this one or not and I'm going to be pissed at myself it I didn't.  I like it.

After my previous comment, then seeing this ... GAH! not on my list either.  Was fooled by the Longbow, Orion, and Trebuchet.  All of which I have in different lance packs.  sigh. Still available when wave 2 PM opens up?
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I like the new renders, just not the title of the thread.  We have enough real world problems, and a reminder like that is just very unpleasant and unneeded to see on a gaming forum.
Agreed. Edited.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech