Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 6  (Read 141160 times)

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
Maybe, just maybe, it is time for companies to move their production facilities.
very ambitious and not really short term. ;)
if that would turn out to be the efficient solution, relatively speaking, then we would be in real trouble - to the point that minis aren't a real priority for a long time.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 6
« Reply #31 on: 01 March 2020, 17:19:56 »
Page 6 in just a couple months. Pretty good.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 01 March 2020, 17:41:34 »
I'll be content if we get wave 1 by Gencon.  I don't think that Caronavirus is any worse than the flu, but I expect the over-reaction to be felt for many months.
I like the Longbow, but I didn't even recognize the Trebuchet.  I'm fine with the other two.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 01 March 2020, 17:49:45 »
I made the joke last week about not realistically expecting minis for 6-12 months. Damn me and my Bards Tounge.  :))

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #34 on: 01 March 2020, 18:56:56 »
I'll be happy if the Wave 1 stuff gets shipped within a year of its announced due date.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
So delays.

Until you hear anything official, assume that what ever the last update said about shipping is still correct. The fearmongering that goes through BattleTech fans from rumors and speculation is beyond ridiculous sometimes.

Be positive! Maybe things will work out good for once!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #36 on: 01 March 2020, 19:32:27 »
It's certainly possible. On the other hand, I just got off the phone with a friend who is a manager at a well-known electrical measurements company. A regular component person based in Hong Kong 'disappeared' on them in the last two days (this is normal as fabricators like to not report back till they have *good* news). Similar things happening all over as they try to re-jigger some sourcing toward Vietnam and Taiwan.

I also found this LTT video informative and in-line with other discussions I've had regarding the current state of trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g

Basically overall expect a multi-month 'hiccup' as the system slows down its previous pace, slowly comes back online, and then addresses the back-log. I don't know overseas printing, just some very particular aspects of electronics sourcing, but it appears to be the general theme. So Wave 1 is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe on schedule, maybe not. We wait for word.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2020, 20:00:32 by Bedwyr »
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 01 March 2020, 19:50:52 »
Mildly regretting skipping on the IS Fire Lance...the Longbow is nice.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 01 March 2020, 20:08:55 »
It's certainly possible. On the other hand, I just got off the phone with a friend who is a manager at a well-known electrical measurements company. A regular component person based in Hong Kong 'disappeared' on them in the last two days (this is normal as fabricators like to not report back till they have *good* news). Similar things happening all over as they try to re-jigger some sourcing toward Vietnam and Taiwan.

I also found this LTT video informative and in-line with other discussions I've had regarding the current state of trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g

Basically overall expect a multi-month 'hiccup' as the system slows down its previous pace, slowly comes back online, and then addresses the back-log. I don't know overseas printing, just some very particular aspects of electronics sourcing, but it appears to be the general theme. So Wave 1 is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Maybe on schedule, maybe not. We wait for word.

At work they've started training our receiving employees in other departments because they're expecting at least a month of them having little to nothing to do.  And that's with our factories being some of the very few still producing anything(of our product type, not in general).
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #39 on: 01 March 2020, 20:22:21 »
At work they've started training our receiving employees in other departments because they're expecting at least a month of them having little to nothing to do.  And that's with our factories being some of the very few still producing anything(of our product type, not in general).

Also, given that holiday seasonal items are usually shipped about six months ahead, Labor Day and Halloween are gonna be lit.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #40 on: 01 March 2020, 20:57:41 »
Still no fiction link... :-(

On the bright (for me) side, I've not moved to Hermitage 2.0 yet, so the delays benefit me.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #41 on: 01 March 2020, 21:28:18 »
I'm not likely to read any of the digital stuff anytime soon so I'm completely unfazed by the delay.  I can see how it could irk some people though.  Hopefully it's just a case of them spreading it out, but you'd think we'd have heard something one way or the other by now.  Or wait, didn't this all start Friday night?   Maybe we'll hear after the weekend is over then.

Also, given that holiday seasonal items are usually shipped about six months ahead, Labor Day and Halloween are gonna be lit.

That's the start of our slow season so at least we'll have something to do this year.   ;D
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
Orion cockpit was always supposed to match the Second Succession Wars cover art.

Note the Longbow above is the 7Q. The OW and 7Q now appear as the above (meaning, they always did in universe).
Does that apply to the Project Phoenix mechs as well? If so AWESOME 😎
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Does that apply to the Project Phoenix mechs as well? If so AWESOME 😎

It does not.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #44 on: 02 March 2020, 01:44:12 »
Finally got a chance to check my email and I received the link to the new fiction Friday.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #45 on: 02 March 2020, 01:57:38 »
Nothing in my inbox yet, but the latest message on the Kickstarter (as of about three hours ago) was that they hoped the remaining links would go out within the next 24 hours.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Bringing over "I didn't get an email for Redemption and Malice," because I haven't.  :-\
Same here. I have't gotten an e-mail from CrowdOx since I closed my pledge manager a week after they went live. The only thing I have gotten from CGL is the Kickstarter Update notices.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Same here. I have't gotten an e-mail from CrowdOx since I closed my pledge manager a week after they went live. The only thing I have gotten from CGL is the Kickstarter Update notices.

That’s all I’ve gotten as well.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #48 on: 02 March 2020, 06:19:37 »
Nothing in my inbox yet, but the latest message on the Kickstarter (as of about three hours ago) was that they hoped the remaining links would go out within the next 24 hours.
Who did this message come from?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #49 on: 02 March 2020, 06:30:34 »
Who did this message come from?

Catalyst GamesCreator
2 days ago
it should come in an email from CrowdOx. Give it 24 hours. thanks!

Though now I notice that was two days ago, so the 24 hours is already passed.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #50 on: 02 March 2020, 07:59:34 »
Longbow reminds me of the primitive version, which is nice.  I guess this is the new Classic version.

Everything looks good, but what is that mech on the end suppose to be? A T-bucket?   When i looked at it with looked so chunky and so many tubes in the arm and shoulder i thought it was modded Victor with LRMs.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2020, 10:58:34 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 02 March 2020, 09:26:04 »
You can't really see it in the render, but I am hoping the Trebuchet's left elbow is more like a human joint than the right one is.

It seems like MWO has introduced a new era of elbow design into BT art, where the rest position is bent 90 degrees to point forward, and it often doesn't look like the arm can be fully straightened. I think that makes a lot of sense for a gun arm, like the Treb's right arm, but it seems like a strange choice for a humanoid arm with a hand at the end. The great majority of classic (old?) art used more naturalistic joint designs.

This comment is not truly specific to the trebuchet, but it happened to catch my eye in the recent render.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #52 on: 02 March 2020, 09:35:03 »
I don't recall seeing any new story link email, from the stretch goals. So I guess I'll wait.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2020, 09:43:55 by Atlas3060 »
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #53 on: 02 March 2020, 10:26:02 »
It seems like MWO has introduced a new era of elbow design into BT art, where the rest position is bent 90 degrees to point forward, and it often doesn't look like the arm can be fully straightened. I think that makes a lot of sense for a gun arm, like the Treb's right arm, but it seems like a strange choice for a humanoid arm with a hand at the end.
Would be an odd design choice, period. What if you wanted to elevate the weapons to shoulder level to fire over obstacles? Or even just raising the arms to provide a smaller target profile from the front?

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #54 on: 02 March 2020, 12:26:58 »
Still not had my email either.

Going to have to start re-reading the early Dark Age books if I don't get a fix soon  ::)

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra

I'm in the same boat. I also checked my spam folder, but nothing.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #56 on: 02 March 2020, 15:05:29 »
I cant remember on what I ordered and how I ordered it.

Is there a way to find out what I did??
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Asgo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #57 on: 02 March 2020, 15:12:40 »
I cant remember on what I ordered and how I ordered it.

Is there a way to find out what I did??
you mean in the PM?
you should have gotten an email titled "BattleTech: Clan Invasion - CrowdOx Confirmation" that contains a summary of your order.

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #58 on: 02 March 2020, 16:03:45 »
I like the trebuchet design but I do wish its head had more of a trebuchet look which is more curved and rounded to me.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 02 March 2020, 16:30:16 »
Maybe they're typing each of the 13,000 emails out one by one. xp

Register