Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: NHL 2023-2024 Vegas Edition: Mojave, Mo' Problems
« Last post by rebs on Today at 23:50:01 »
The Leafs IMO didn't quit in game 7.  But they got beat by one of the best players in the NHL who made a heads up play which may or may not have been aided by a solid home ice bounce.

That's old time hockey.  Officials have always been central. 

It's over, and the Leafs are bagged by the curb. 

People are allowed to complain, true, but time marches on regardless of how one spends their finite energies.  Time to do something to shake up the team, but something smart.  They can't just make moves to make them, that's how some future champ acquires Matthews for three prospects who don't really ever pan out for the Toronto Maple Leafs franchise. 
According to Twitter:

"If you go to Google Maps and type in Whiteman AFB and zoom in on the runway, there’s an example of really bad timing for the Google sky cam to have taken a photo at that moment."
I agree an independent paint scheme with the Dragon being very prominent. Or maybe use the paint scheme of one of the Ghost Legions because a proper samurai would likely not see it as honorable.  Just change the base white of the Ghost Legions to another color.  Have fun with it. 
Think there's still going to be a housecleaning in Toronto?  Much better effort the last three games, but still another first-round exit...

At this point I don't see how they can't look at cleaning house.  How much do you clean out for the failure vs. the need to clear out some salary for other players?

Nylander didn't play the first 3 games of the series but when he did play he was effective.  So one could spin he was a potentially flip a game and that's all they needed.  I think they have to flip the coaching staff and they need to bring in at least one new goalie.

If they flip a forward I wouldn't be surprised.  It's the nuclear option and one that would take some excessive string pulling because of NTCs.

The Leafs IMO didn't quit in game 7.  But they got beat by one of the best players in the NHL who made a heads up play which may or may not have been aided by a solid home ice bounce.
An MM-1 swap for an LRM-5 would complete that family (for the AOE goodness)... :)

I'm away from my PC at the moment, but I'm thinking giving the missile launcher and bin the Modular Weapon trait, and having it be a pseudo Omni, able to fit a predefined set of 3-ton packs:

• LRM-5 with 24 rounds
  • SRM-4 with 25 rounds
  • MM/1 with 24 rounds
  • Light PPC
  • BAP and ECM
  • Fluid Gun with 20 rounds ammo
Off Topic / Re: My running days are over
« Last post by rebs on Today at 23:39:58 »
These help me.  These and a good walk sometimes.
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Project Aphrodite
« Last post by worktroll on Today at 23:13:34 »
Anastasius Focht: "I'm not saying it was aliens ..." :)
Catalyst has experience with pre-paints from the original Leviathan launch, and presumably with the KS fulfilment for the re-launch. A light paint - base coat, detail colour, metallic, and black - should be cheaper* than printing components in coloured resin, and probably a better result.

* Cheaper due to being done in a country where labour is cheap, machines expensive.
Re-watched John Wick 4..  Wondered, if the ballerina and continental spin offs are still coming, and if they're doing more with "MR nobody" for wick 5 now that wick himself seems dead.
Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: "Legacy"
« Last post by Arkansas Warrior on Today at 22:57:34 »
Sorry for reanimating this one, but I’m just getting around to reading Legacy.  Haven’t actually finished yet, but have mostly enjoyed the stories.  I wanted to say specifically that The Third Pillar is a really great story.  I was reading it on my break at work and had a hard time putting it down to go back to work.  The last time I had that experience with BT was Schmetzer’s Embers of War.  Thanks all, but especially Jason Hansa for that one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10