Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 244554 times)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Holy resurrection Batman!
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
Been trying to get onto the boards, but I just recently got the money to actually buy some books (FM: 3085, Reunification Wars, and Wars of Reaving).  Starting my crash-course in WTF has happened!
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Then you're in for a wild ride!
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
Been trying to get onto the boards, but I just recently got the money to actually buy some books (FM: 3085, Reunification Wars, and Wars of Reaving).  Starting my crash-course in WTF has happened!

Wars of Reaving and WTF happened in the same sentence???

Hope you have a change of underwear handy >:D

To the patient go the spoils

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
Maybe the Foxes can design an improved iron womb.

"Guaranteed identical twins every time!" "Double up on your best bloodlines!"

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Maybe the Foxes can design an improved iron womb.

"Guaranteed identical twins every time!" "Double up on your best bloodlines!"

Um, no.  Why, you ask?  Aleksandr and Malvina Hazen.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
Prepare for some real awesome sauce from the Sharks. 

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Um, no.  Why, you ask?  Aleksandr and Malvina Hazen.
The fact they're different sexes means they're not identical twins...

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
The fact they're different sexes means they're not identical twins...

They're not even identical for that; they look nothing alike, a fact that was pointed out repeatedly in Flight of the Falcon
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
My word, this has fallen to the second page. Where have all the Sharkies gone.....

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
.... long time passing.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Quick! Someone pour some bloo...er, I mean, money into the water.  That should make them surface.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
Quick! Someone pour some bloo...er, I mean, money into the water.  That should make them surface.

HA!  Funny!

Now seriously where'd you go we need to buy some more big stompy toys.

To the patient go the spoils

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Sadly, that's not even my best joke...

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Hello?  Anyone here?  <drops a few Kerensky's into the water> 

Well, I'm officially making a Sharks force.  I added an OpFor for my I.S. and figured I need one for the Clans too.  The Sharks won out.  Anybody wanna celebrate with me?

Bergie

• Warrant Officer
[You will learn to love the Grendel. . . the Grendel is your friend. . . ]

Someone mentioned falling Kerensky's?
Returns from the Dead to be a Taurian and Shark/Fox Fanboy

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
In the past, I've had bad luck with the Grendel.  I'm hoping in my new Shark unit, things will work out better for it.  I've pulled a Trinary from my Horses to build a Shark Gamma Galaxy force.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
The Grendel is a beast against IS Regulars.... against Clan Elites, well, that mobility doesn't give it quite the same edge and it can be pasted.

So aside from the Grendel, what Omni's are the Sharks known for &/or helped create ?
IIRC they did help w/ the Coyote originals, but I'm looking for more common models.

I know some of the 2nd Line units are Shark built but I'm looking for Omni's specifically.
I'm changing from a full wolf cluster down to a Trinary of the same paint scheme & using the rest to create stars of other clans.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
The Grendel's a nice enough 'mech. I think it's biggest weakness was being in the same weight class and the same TRO as the Shadow Cat, a mech that's a trillion times more popular and, being fair, somewhat better looking. Kinda gets overshadowed and all.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
The biggest disadvantage I can see is that, at that time, it wasn't the Stormcrow.  After my first game with a Stormcrow, I was asking myself why you'd want anything else.

I dunno.  The Grendels got all the hallmarks of being a solid mech.  I've just never had a good run with it. 

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
The biggest disadvantage I can see is that, at that time, it wasn't the Stormcrow.  After my first game with a Stormcrow, I was asking myself why you'd want anything else.

I dunno.  The Grendels got all the hallmarks of being a solid mech.  I've just never had a good run with it.

I've found that bringing the Ryoken into any argument is futile. It's an ender, a finality. If you ask for opinions on Clan Medium Omnis, you want to specifically exclude it.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
The Grendel's a nice enough 'mech. I think it's biggest weakness was being in the same weight class and the same TRO as the Shadow Cat, a mech that's a trillion times more popular and, being fair, somewhat better looking. Kinda gets overshadowed and all.
I think the Grendel's biggest weakness is it's omni pods. It's got a good chassis, good speed/movement profile, and it's got some decent variants, but like the Gargoyle, there's something similar that does things better b/c of the pods. For the movement profile, most people will pick a Viper, and for the firepower it's a Stormcrow. Would most people think it's not so good if the Prime had dropped the missiles and gone with pulse lasers instead of ER versions? The A is just the reverse, swap the Pulse Laser for a pair of ER's. The place where you get into big trouble is the ones with autocannons, they are generally too heavy for a chassis this size. I like the H variant, just get an improved HLL is all.

The Grendel is a beast against IS Regulars.... against Clan Elites, well, that mobility doesn't give it quite the same edge and it can be pasted.

So aside from the Grendel, what Omni's are the Sharks known for &/or helped create ?
IIRC they did help w/ the Coyote originals, but I'm looking for more common models.

I know some of the 2nd Line units are Shark built but I'm looking for Omni's specifically.
I'm changing from a full wolf cluster down to a Trinary of the same paint scheme & using the rest to create stars of other clans.
Well, looking at TROs, there's also the Huntsman, it's only 5 tons heavier, but b/c it's slower, it has 10 more tons of podspace, and moving 5/8/5 the two can work in a big-brother, little-brother role supporting each other. That's the only other one I specifically saw to be used in significant numbers by the Sharks. Another goo place to look for ideas is the 3072 RATs in WoRS.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
I've found that bringing the Ryoken into any argument is futile. It's an ender, a finality. If you ask for opinions on Clan Medium Omnis, you want to specifically exclude it.
Not necessarily.  If I'm choosing between a Pariah and a Stormcrow, I'll take the Pariah all day long.  But my first encounter with Clan mediums, I had a Grendel and my friend brought a Stormcrow B.  Did I ever bring a knife to a gun fight.  It took me being unfortunate enough to close with him once and the Grendel bought the farm. 

Interestingly enough, a mech I became fond of before I decided to start up a Sharks force is the Mad Cat Mk.II.  I was surprised about how very solid this mech is.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
Not necessarily.  If I'm choosing between a Pariah and a Stormcrow, I'll take the Pariah all day long.

Even if you have to carry elementals around?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Wotan

• Lieutenant

The same question i raised a while back. There is only the Grendel where i found confirmed production by the Sharks.
It seems they make their business with lots of great secondliners to buy all needed Omnis.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Even if you have to carry elementals around?
Yeah, even if I have to carry BA.  The Pariah has more powerful configs. 

So besides the Ha Otoko, Grendel, Mad Cat Mk.II, Solitaire, and the Whammie IIc, what else do the Sharks produce?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
Mad Cat Mk III, several Shadow Hawk IIC variants, Rifleman IIC 8.

If you want to venture beyond the ground bound, they also make the Ammon and small numbers of the Ammon-XR
« Last Edit: 03 May 2012, 17:55:52 by Pa Weasley »

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
They also make (will make?) the non-Omni versions of the Black Hawk and Koshi. Plus they make a variety of versions of the Pixie IIC (at least 4 through to 8) and the Griff IIC 5

On a related note, having played with the Mad Cat Mk II Enhanced, I'm beginning to think that it might have been better off with ER PPCs or regular Large Pulses then the Large ER Pulses. But that might jsut be me.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
Since I couldn't leave well enough alone in the quest for an additional Diamond Shark omni ...
The Cauldron-Born shows up on the FM:3085 RAT* with a decent frequent. The Ha Otoko (including variants) is the only heavy that shows up with a higher frequency. I wouldn't be bowled over to find the Sharks as the IS source for that omni once Objectives: The Clans is released.

* Warning: RATs are not to be construed as the end all and be all of possible force compositions for a given faction. RATs are provided to enable an easily created force with the "feel" for a particular faction. RATs are not a perfect indicator of what equipment a faction may or may not produce. Contact poison control is RAT has been ingested. Contact a doctor is you have experienced a RAT for more than four hours. RATs have been linked to cancer in laboratory tests.