Author Topic: I need a DC character, but who?  (Read 1665 times)

Ruud

• Sergeant
    • PDX Classic Battletech
I need a DC character, but who?
« on: 02 April 2014, 09:46:33 »
Hoi,
I need to find a DC to play for our 3040 FGC.  I looked through the source books i have, but i only come up with folks from the Kurita family or the old geezer that heads up their "intelligence" branch.  I'd like to find a noble/warlord with a bit of history, if possible.  Else i'll just have to pick a name from the "20 years" source book.

Any ideas?

TIA
3025 is my kind of old school

OHMS, Portland OR
https://ipms-oregon.org/about-us

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: I need a DC character, but who?
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2014, 10:32:32 »
Hoi,
I need to find a DC to play for our 3040 FGC.  I looked through the source books i have, but i only come up with folks from the Kurita family or the old geezer that heads up their "intelligence" branch.  I'd like to find a noble/warlord with a bit of history, if possible.  Else i'll just have to pick a name from the "20 years" source book.

Any ideas?

TIA

The flavorful Warlords all bought it by the time of the Ronin War of '34.  Subhash Indrahar (the old geezer) has a ton of history/flavor, though. 

The DC is a totalitarian state built around a cult of personality rather than an ideology.. everyone who isn't a Kurita that is well-known is on thin ice, indeed.  So you could indeed make your own character to be an important mover and shaker of a given era, with or without an established name already in Canon, such as Tormark, Ricol, Testsuhara, etc. 

Ruud

• Sergeant
    • PDX Classic Battletech
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2014, 15:22:44 »
Thanks for your response.

Just found this link on Sarna, time for more reading.  If nothing shows up, then i might just create Subhash Indrahar's nephew  :)

OHMS, Portland OR

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2014, 05:05:44 »
Narimasa Asano might be a good choice.

He isn't a Warlord, but he's the Commander of the Genyosha, which by 3040 is a Theodore-loyal, "modern" formation in the DCMS with 2 Regiments.

theCrowe

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2014, 16:03:16 »
Fuhito Tetsuhara is an interesting character. one of my top picks for a 3040 personality.

Ruud

• Sergeant
    • PDX Classic Battletech
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2014, 17:28:04 »
I'll have to read up on Fuhito some more.  He doesn't have much about him on Sarna.

found this:
"His second son was Fuhito Tetsuhara, who was first disgraced following the failed Galtor campaign and then sent to the Legion of Vega, only to rise through the ranks again as a member of Theodore Kurita's command lance, attaining the rank of Sho-sa by 3040."
« Last Edit: 06 April 2014, 17:37:55 by Ruud »

OHMS, Portland OR

theCrowe

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 11 April 2014, 04:09:19 »
You'll find him in the Heir to the Dragon novel. That's where all that info is coming from.

There's a small conversation between him and his older perhaps more famous brother Minobu Tetsuhara at the start of Wolves on the Border but it's not much to worry about. Fuhito doesn't have the benefit of an academy training, being the second son so he's not assigned a post with a sword of light but he's determined and Minobu assures him that he'll get there on his merits as a true warrior and thereby restore their family's honour. Minobu all but tosses him the keys to Katana Kat the family panther and with that Fuhito's career as a mechwarrior has begun.