Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 141381 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #480 on: 27 January 2020, 05:14:24 »
Praise Jester indeed!   :thumbsup:

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #481 on: 27 January 2020, 05:42:01 »
Oh, and no immediate command mech bonus. It has to be repaired.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #482 on: 27 January 2020, 11:07:45 »
Yeah, I head about that one when we were at the store.  The Orion chassis will probably be the go to because of quirks.  I have to look at the he list to see if if there are any other units that are worthy.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #483 on: 27 January 2020, 16:03:54 »
Not sure where you are wanting to take the redesign but your previous design would fit into a Flashman, a mech the lyrans make in hesperus

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #484 on: 27 January 2020, 17:22:47 »
He may be more interested in having a mech with AA Targetting and set up in a way that can use it.

I imagine he’ll keep it as a 3/5/3 then upgrade the lrg lasers to PPCs and enough heat sinks to be able to jump and fire either the PPCs or all med lasers.

In other news, the local “authorities” of Timbuktu have hired you guys to handle a group of pirates that have been hijacking shipments and stealing industrial equipment.  The latest raid was at a mining facility.  The bandits made off with most of the equipment that wasn’t destroyed by the time local security showed up.  The bandits were in hovercraft of varying models.  The pursuit came to an end when the hovercraft fled into an area covered heavily in swamps. 

One of the bandits’ vehicles was disabled and its crew was captured.  After analysis of the vehicle and several days of interrogation of the prisoners, several areas have been identified where the bandits may be hold up.  Your mercenary battalion will therefore work with local security to split up and investigate the different locations.

You will have 2 objectives:
1) Neutralize as many pirates as you can; taking prisoners would be preferable but not required.
2) Locate any of the stolen supplies and capture them intact.  The battalion will be held responsible for any damage you all cause to them.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #485 on: 27 January 2020, 18:11:40 »
Objectives seem straightforward enough. 

Do we remember who said they had a Scorpion mech they could bring.  Our Scorpion driver ordered one but the scale is off and is reordering from IWM though isn't sure it'll be here in time.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #486 on: 27 January 2020, 18:23:01 »
Objectives seem straightforward enough. 

Do we remember who said they had a Scorpion mech they could bring.  Our Scorpion driver ordered one but the scale is off and is reordering from IWM though isn't sure it'll be here in time.

I have a Tarantula and a Goliath that can be proxied.
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Stugg

• Recruit
« Reply #487 on: 27 January 2020, 18:44:27 »
I have a Sarath Quad mech. It is close in shape... I am getting one that is almost perfect for a scorpion soon. We will see how that goes.

In other news... can I take a pilot flaw? :)

Space Cat

• Corporal
« Reply #488 on: 27 January 2020, 18:46:59 »
I have a painted and based Scorpion. I'll bring it.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #489 on: 27 January 2020, 18:53:47 »
In other news... can I take a pilot flaw? :)

You most certainly can.  I will roll on a chart of my own creation.  If it’s something that’s obvious, like near/far sightedness, I’ll let you know.  Otherwise you won’t know what the flaw is until a situation where the flaw applies happens.

To compensate you for this, you can take an extra point you can use to either upgrade your pilot skills or to upgrade your mech for a heavier weight class or to get access to level 2 tech.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #490 on: 27 January 2020, 19:23:18 »
Oh?  So the flaw won't be randomly assigned to any pilot in the unit, then?  ???

If that's the case, we'll have to consider the option more closely...  8)

Stugg

• Recruit
« Reply #491 on: 27 January 2020, 19:39:07 »
I don't really know what to do with the Phoenix Hawk. I will let you guys figure that out.

I like going fast, being reckless, and getting into melee to smash heads.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #492 on: 27 January 2020, 19:43:30 »
Last I checked, we were only moving two points of armor from the chest to the head (for a total of 8)...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #493 on: 27 January 2020, 19:49:10 »
Stugg, are you wanting to be kind to us and give us another point or did you want to use it to get a heavy or 2/3 pilot?

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #494 on: 27 January 2020, 19:53:17 »
Oh?  So the flaw won't be randomly assigned to any pilot in the unit, then?  ???

If that's the case, we'll have to consider the option more closely...  8)

It will be randomly assigned; sorry if I didn't make that bit clear.  I should have said, "you all" instead of "you".

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #495 on: 27 January 2020, 19:54:12 »
i think stugg was asking for it personnaly, but if it's randomly assigned to a pilot, we'll probably skip.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #496 on: 27 January 2020, 19:57:12 »
Let me double stamp the skip if it's randomly assigned to any pilot...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #497 on: 27 January 2020, 19:59:32 »
How about this offer, whoever you decide to give the extra point to also gets the flaw.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #498 on: 27 January 2020, 20:01:02 »
That would be acceptable to me, at least...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #499 on: 27 January 2020, 20:06:20 »
sure, so Stugg then?

Stugg

• Recruit
« Reply #500 on: 27 January 2020, 23:16:19 »
Is TSM allowed?

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #501 on: 27 January 2020, 23:19:16 »
Is TSM allowed?

No; it didnt come out until 3050 for battlemechs.

Firesprocket

• Captain
« Reply #502 on: 27 January 2020, 23:41:21 »
No; it didnt come out until 3050 for battlemechs.
The prototype version was available from 3028 on.  It isn't functionally identical TSM and it has tendency to do bad things if your opponent has green gas missiles to lob at you.

Firesprocket

• Captain
« Reply #503 on: 27 January 2020, 23:48:20 »
I have a painted and based Scorpion. I'll bring it.
I was the one who made the offer to bring one, but if Space Cat is going to bring his, I'll leave mine at home.  I think I have a spare too if someone was wanting to paint it up in some sort of company colors.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #504 on: 28 January 2020, 00:05:05 »
The prototype version was available from 3028 on.  It isn't functionally identical TSM and it has tendency to do bad things if your opponent has green gas missiles to lob at you.

True, but those prototypes are sitting in the R&D vaults of the Federated Suns and the Capellans.

Firesprocket

• Captain
« Reply #505 on: 28 January 2020, 00:30:22 »
Okay so I'll put this forward for folks input as a swap out.  The chassis and quirks they come with.

Orion- AA targeting, Easy to Maintain, Rugged.

Pro:  Keeps the AA Targeting that I have on the Rifleman right now.
Lose: Improved Communications, likely negligible now, but could have use in a large scale engagement later on; Search Light for night combat; and ubiquitous (easier to find replacement parts.

Black Knight:  Pro, Command Mech for +1 intiative once it is 'fixed'.  Con:  It's starts the campaign broken.

Flashman: Pro, It's a Flashman, Rugged, and it's a Flashman.

Ostsol: Pro Improved Sensors (Beagle Probe), Narrow/Low Profile, somewhat useful damage reduction.  Con, losing out on the quirks of the Rifleman or Orion.

I'm thinking at the moment in this order Orion, Ostsol, Flashman, Black Knight.  I can make an Orion that is configured close to a Flashman or Black Knight.  The perks on the other hand for the Ostsol aren't half bad.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #506 on: 28 January 2020, 04:47:44 »
The Orion sounds like a good idea to me.  Since we already have the LTAC one, that will make logistics easier...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #507 on: 28 January 2020, 05:46:53 »
Thematically I like the flashman more but tactically the orion is better.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #508 on: 28 January 2020, 16:29:28 »
You can never have enough AA Targeting...  :)

PanNScan

• Recruit
« Reply #509 on: 29 January 2020, 20:37:09 »
Hi everyone! I am near Alexandria and would like to drive up to play with you all. Other than last year, I haven't played a game in about 15 years. So I'm basically learning from the beginning but would like to get back into the hobby. Is there a spare mech that needs a pilot?

Register