Author Topic: Field Manual 3085 Question?  (Read 1786 times)

Arcanist Raven

Field Manual 3085 Question?
« on: 20 November 2012, 15:32:17 »
I picked up the Field Manual today, and when I glanced at it real quick in the RP section.  I noticed Ghost Bear has a Hatred/ Clan Wolverine. The question is when and or what book was Clan Wolverine revealed to be with the Word of Blake?

I ask this because I am just now getting back into Battletech/Mechwarrior, and I am very curious as to where I can find/buy this book.

Thank you.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Field Manual 3085 Question?
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2012, 16:19:01 »
Jihad Hot Spots 3076 covers most of the Ghost Bears actions against the Word of Blake. There's more in Jihad Terra that I know of about how the Ghost Bears are acting.
Jihad Secrets covers the theory of the the links between Wolverine and the Word of Blake.
I don't believe there is anything that explicitly says the Ghost Bears are after Wolverines, but the Ghost Bears definitely 1)are looking for something from the Word of Blake, including DNA material (scrapings from blackened skulls) and 2) really, really hate the Word of Blake. take no prisoners, kill anyone, including civilian dependents.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Korsar

• Corporal
  • Meet Demi-Precentor Kingslay
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2012, 11:02:53 »
If I remember correctly the IP reason for them killing every Wobbie on sight was that Uncle Chandy released the rumours you can read about in Blake Documents (sry, nckestrel it isn't Jihad Secrets) about the connection between WoB and the Wolverines to the Bears.

3067: Demi-Precentor Jack "Korsar" Kingslay, 22nd Propaganda Detachment, WoB

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2012, 11:41:32 »
Jihad Secrets: Blake Documents is the full name of the book.  We're talking about the same book.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Korsar

• Corporal
  • Meet Demi-Precentor Kingslay
« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2012, 13:10:15 »
Ah, that comes from answering without first checking  ;D

3067: Demi-Precentor Jack "Korsar" Kingslay, 22nd Propaganda Detachment, WoB

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2012, 18:18:15 »
I can't remember the source (so don't quote me as being 100% accurate), but I seem to remember the Bears looked the other way when Wolverine was preparing to leave clan space.  That left a black mark on the Bear's honor so it's now a standing order to kill Wolverines on sight.

Arcanist Raven

« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2012, 20:56:06 »
Thanks for the Info, I am gonna have to do some more reading.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2012, 15:02:24 »
I can't remember the source (so don't quote me as being 100% accurate), but I seem to remember the Bears looked the other way when Wolverine was preparing to leave clan space.  That left a black mark on the Bear's honor so it's now a standing order to kill Wolverines on sight.
That was one of the factors.
Clan Wolf was given the honor of crushing the Not Named if I remember right. The Bears didn't win the bid, but did encounter some forces belonging to the Not Named just about to jump out. In a symbolic special finger salute, they let the forces leave.

Also some genes from the Not Named made it into some sibkos of the Bears. The freshly graduated soldiers were told of this news and given two options: peaceful sedative death by the Science caste or self execution.

If I remember the story right none of them opted for the first choice.

So yeah a black mark on the Bear's honor plus the killing of sibkos that didn't even get a chance to earn their stripes leaves a bad taste in a Clan whose main focus is family.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Register