Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 159378 times)

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #780 on: 29 January 2023, 22:43:05 »
I do think IlKhan Eye's Only is where Kisho will appear. We'll have to wait and see.

Kisho went in the wrong direction for ilKhan's Eyes Only.  More likely to show up in the Raven vs Davion book that was just teased.

Redemptions Rites Featuring Clan Wolf leftbehinds
No Substitute for Victory Featuring Left behind Jade Falcons
A Question of Survival Featuring Jade Falcon left behinds
Elements of Treason: Duty Featuring left behind Falcons
And now Lethal Lessons Featuring left behind Wolves

The Novels follow the source books.   The Spirit Cats aren't big, but they keep showing up.   A Shrapnel entry telling us of a Spirit Cat mission to save survivors of the Blue Striker Cluster sounds like a story in the works.   Have faith.
« Last Edit: 29 January 2023, 22:44:55 by Geg »

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #781 on: 30 January 2023, 02:22:36 »
Kisho went in the wrong direction for ilKhan's Eyes Only.  More likely to show up in the Raven vs Davion book that was just teased.

An interesting idea that appeals to my need for symmetry: perhaps Kisho et al end up becoming a parallel faction to the Scorpions, just on the other side of the Sphere, out past the Snow Ravens? They occupy a similar niche as the Scorpions do, also: pariahs from their main group that have been abjured, but are still distinctly Clan in culture and outlook.

Just a brain fart from my addled mind, but something to dream about.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
  • Clan Nova Cat: True to General Kerensky's Vision!
« Reply #782 on: 30 January 2023, 12:11:03 »
An interesting idea that appeals to my need for symmetry: perhaps Kisho et al end up becoming a parallel faction to the Scorpions, just on the other side of the Sphere, out past the Snow Ravens? They occupy a similar niche as the Scorpions do, also: pariahs from their main group that have been abjured, but are still distinctly Clan in culture and outlook.

Just a brain fart from my addled mind, but something to dream about.

Not sure that this needs Spoilers, but I think you are right that the most likely scenario is that Kisho's Nova Cats are somewhere out in the Periphery, likely either past the Raven Alliance or The Barrens. That said, I'm not as sure that the Nova Cats would set up something like Clan Goliath Scorpion and the Scorpion Empire.

Part of my rationale is that Clan Nova Cat has always been guided as a Clan by two things: 1) Visions - and this includes Kisho's, and 2) devotion to the Star League.  It seems like any version of the Nova Cats is going to be driven by the Clan's visions for itself and *probably* (although not necessarily) as members of the Star League.
(I think Paladin Drummond is another example of a Cat still defending what she perceived as the Star League and the remaining Nova Cats who were part of the Republic).

Although that does raise the question in my mind of what would Clan Nova Cat look like if it cast off its duty to the Star League? Would we still be Clan Nova Cat then? And if so, what would be the new vision for the Cats? The Spirit Cats? Something else?

If anything, I think the closest analog to Kisho's Cats is the Fidelis or the Minnesota Tribe/Clan Wolverine.
"But the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles...
its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.”
-- The Remembrance (Nova Cat), 50.5.26-32.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #783 on: 30 January 2023, 14:29:27 »
I'd say the Nova Cats are little if anything like either group

The Fidelis are super elite, they have dedicated their lives to being the best warriors just like the faction they came from, they are also sneaky willing to do the dirty stuff to survive

The Minnesota Tribe are god knows where and seem to care little for what the Inner Sphere holds

Honestly I'd love it if the Nova Cats found what was left of them. Showing that even infighting took hold of them in the end (its the way of BattleTech just look at the Bears)

The Scorpions and Nova Cats actually could have a very interesting dynamic together, it would give their Empire a counter in the deep periphery, it would also set the region up similarly to what was there before the Scorpions arrived
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #784 on: 30 January 2023, 15:20:11 »
The logical temporary home for Kisho and his company is Wayside 5. For many reasons:
 - Cats are well aware of this world, Santin West has personally been there twice.
- There must have been some infrastructure left after the Fidelis Jaguars.
 - This would be a logical continuation of the arc of Cats helping Jaguars. It's not just that there were visions there.The logical home for Kisho and his company is Wayside 5. For many reasons:
- Cats are well aware of this world, Santin West has personally been there twice
- There must have been some infrastructure left after the Fidelis-Jaguars
 - This would be a logical continuation of the arc of Cats helping Jaguars in "Forever Faithful". So this story would make sense for Nova Cats. Visions like "save your enemy and it will save you in the future."

The idea with Scorpions hardly has a place to be. At least because the scorpions in 3150 have not yet heard anything about the fate of Nova Cats. And from the point of view of Kisho's personal plot, it doesn't make sense. Don't forget, he's a Kurita. He didn't find the killer of Kev Ross and the rest of the mystics.
Kisho is the character who can come up with the greatest number of different plot options. Starting from the likeness of the Battlestar Galactica and ending with the unexpected accession to the throne of the Draconis Combine.  The usual joining to the Scorpion Empire will simply be a repetition of the path of Conor Rood. And it was hardly necessary to wait 10 years for this.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2023, 15:43:24 by Rncavenger »

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #785 on: 30 January 2023, 15:48:07 »
Wayside is also far enough away from the Kerensky Cluster that the Star Adders/Cloud Cobras probably won't stumble on them while out on their "stay off our lawn" patrols of the Deep Periphery and nuke the poor kitties from orbit.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #786 on: 30 January 2023, 16:32:25 »
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I get some serious 'The Protectorate is on borrowed time' vibes from recent events.

And Nova Cats showing up in the recent GB focused product would just be even worse news for the Cats, if past interactions were any clue. You know, executing fleeing refugees from a genocide?

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #787 on: 30 January 2023, 17:48:29 »
The logical home for Kisho and his company is Wayside 5. For many reasons:
- Cats are well aware of this world, Santin West has personally been there twice
- There must have been some infrastructure left after the Fidelis-Jaguars
 - This would be a logical continuation of the arc of Cats helping Jaguars in "Forever Faithful". So this story would make sense for Nova Cats. Visions like "save your enemy and it will save you in the future."

I like this a lot and the logic seems right to me. Basically, like a wounded Cat: hide, protect, strengthen. And a known, out-of-the-way world, which has mystical significance, like Wayside 5, would make sense. And, unless I am mistaken, the only people who even know of the existence of Wayside 5 are Fidelis/Smoke Jaguar and the Cats (although the Scorpions, might?).

While *technically* Kisho is in the genetic line of succession from Theodore Kurita and therefore more legitimate than Yori Kurita, it would be a (freakin' awesome) stretch for him to assume the Dragon Throne. It would be civil war in the Combine for sure. Although I'm sure Kisho wants revenge against Matsuhari Toranaga, so there is definitely a cool story there!

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #788 on: 30 January 2023, 18:44:38 »
Wayside is also far enough away from the Kerensky Cluster that the Star Adders/Cloud Cobras probably won't stumble on them while out on their "stay off our lawn" patrols of the Deep Periphery and nuke the poor kitties from orbit.
You've got me thinking about Wayside 5 now. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't Inanna Nova Cat, in telling Trent about Wayside 5, say that the Nova Cat Khans know of a secret leg of the Exodus Road? Am I remembering that correctly?

In which case, given that Kisho has iron wombs, in theory, the Cats could set up on those worlds (somewhere near Wayside V), including potentially the planets Cat's Eye (EC-EY-4189) and Boltin (EC-EY-4170), which had Nova Cat bases.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2023, 18:53:59 by cmerwin »

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #789 on: 30 January 2023, 18:56:16 »
I would find it absolutely delightful if Kisho and the Cats he's wrangling ended up settling on a world called Cat's Eye.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #790 on: 30 January 2023, 19:24:20 »
I would find it absolutely delightful if Kisho and the Cats he's wrangling ended up settling on a world called Cat's Eye.

There would be a kind of delicious justice in that.... 😹

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #791 on: 30 January 2023, 21:28:52 »
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I get some serious 'The Protectorate is on borrowed time' vibes from recent events.

And Nova Cats showing up in the recent GB focused product would just be even worse news for the Cats, if past interactions were any clue. You know, executing fleeing refugees from a genocide?

I think the Protectorate is going to survive and continue on. The Spirit Cats are too entrenched for House Marik to push out. I think they'll adopt a policy of ignoring the Cats so long as the Cats don't get in the way of Marik's invasion of the Clan Protectorate. But I haven't completely finished Empire Alone yet.
Clan Protectorate

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #792 on: 30 January 2023, 21:54:51 »

After how Alaric played the Bears (the strongest arguably) into a miniture civil war, he'll never accept the Spirit Cat/Sea Fox/Marik Protectorate
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #793 on: 30 January 2023, 23:41:39 »

I'm inclined to agree with you there. However, the vibe I'm catching is less "it's time for the Spirit Cats little social experiment to die" and more "oh lawdy, the sharkfoxes are really gonna step in it this time and here comes some karma." Kerensky willing, the Cats will actually weather being in the blast zone of someone else's mistakes, for once.

Jean Cocteau

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #794 on: 31 January 2023, 01:25:55 »
I'm inclined to agree with you there. However, the vibe I'm catching is less "it's time for the Spirit Cats little social experiment to die" and more "oh lawdy, the sharkfoxes are really gonna step in it this time and here comes some karma." Kerensky willing, the Cats will actually weather being in the blast zone of someone else's mistakes, for once.

Clan ComShark is untouchable although if the Protectorate were to survive I feel Alaric will want one Clan in charge.

I like the idea of them absorbing the Shark Khanate (I know they are a lot smaller) it would take the Sharks down a couple of pegs and significantly increase the Cats strength/diversity

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #795 on: 04 February 2023, 03:08:50 »
Clan ComShark is untouchable although if the Protectorate were to survive I feel Alaric will want one Clan in charge.

I like the idea of them absorbing the Shark Khanate (I know they are a lot smaller) it would take the Sharks down a couple of pegs and significantly increase the Cats strength/diversity

Honestly, I think the converse would happen.  The Sharkfoxes have entirely too many buyers to not be insanely resilient.  Clan Nova Cat sticks with allies -- I can't see us turning on our biggest trading partner and the ones who went halfsies on most of our 'Mechs from the Jihad to the Dark Age.  I think the fragmented bits of CNC would coalesce and accept being the groundside arm of the greater Clan.  Nova Cat as garrisons and special operations, Sea Fox as orbital superiority and main battle.

edit: I am an idiot and didn't notice the Spirit Cat references.  That said, my opinion remains unchanged.
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #796 on: 04 February 2023, 11:56:04 »

The Sea Foxes are about to become untouchable with the HPG Restoration, Merc Bonding, and Arms dealing.   As long as the Spirit Cats are functioning as the Marik Planetary militia for one of their core factory and warehouse world they are probably safe from everybody expect the Sea Foxes.

I will agree with you that the Protectorate as a province of the FWL is teetering on the Edge.

I know it's a bit of a Dark Horse option, but I wouldn't be shocked to see the FWL joining the 3rd League with two Clan dominated member states.   The Clan Protectorate under the Cats and the Clan Commonwealth under Othar were the Marik-Steward Commonwealth used to be.   I can see Kalasa making the case that the FWL is Clan enough (after some addtitional integration).

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #797 on: 04 February 2023, 12:00:12 »
Except the Regulans. 😂
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #798 on: 04 February 2023, 12:41:59 »
After how Alaric played the Bears (the strongest arguably) into a miniture civil war, he'll never accept the Spirit Cat/Sea Fox/Marik Protectorate

Agreed. Empire Alone seems to imply that Alaric a) wants to punish the Combine for killing the Nova Cats, AND b) that he might be leaning heavily on the Spirit Cats to bring the Protectorate to heel.

While I kind of doubt it, I suppose it's always possible the ilKhan might just reinstate the Spirit Cats as Clan Nova Cat in return for the Protectorate.

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #799 on: 06 February 2023, 19:45:15 »
Let's be realistic. Nova/Spirit Cats in the Clan Protectorate are of no particular value to Alaric. He can accept them or can crush them only based on his own mood. And it is unlikely that both layouts will greatly affect something. Just like the NC rebellion had no consequences. Few people in the universe remember this at all. Including direct participants.
 The Nova Cats Mystics are another matter. Kisho's genes are a potential key to subjugating the entire DC to the IlClan. And this is the only thing that Nova Cats can really need to the Ilclan. Especially considering their abjuration. I wouldn't be surprised if this Chekhov gun doesn't fire in the future. This is, of course, if writers want to give Nova Cats a more important role than episodic mentions or another one-page genocide.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2023, 19:49:59 by Rncavenger »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #800 on: 06 February 2023, 21:03:10 »
Subjugation of the Draconis Combine, makes me think of the Clan Invasion - fun times  ;D

On a serious not it could be a fun storyline though I'd think it wouldn't go anywhere unless Minoru himself was found in a cave or was preserved like Sun-Tzu Liao

Minoru's claims were revoked a long time ago, he was as much an outcast of that family as the Nova Cats were in the Combine

Rncavenger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #801 on: 07 February 2023, 01:12:19 »
Not much more than Theodore's illegitimate son  ;) Especially if Yori dies without leaving an heir.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2023, 01:22:08 by Rncavenger »

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #802 on: 07 February 2023, 02:35:04 »
Personally, the only interaction between the Combine and the surviving Cats that would make me happy would involve some form of revenge-based orbital bombardment from Kisho's bunch as they spin space donuts and flipped them the bird.

Jean Cocteau

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #803 on: 07 February 2023, 06:57:13 »
Wow, lots of posts for Zombie Catgirls

Did something major just released, quiaff ?

parable

• Sergeant
« Reply #804 on: 07 February 2023, 12:02:05 »

Neg; it is simply that we here at the CNC Music Factory are very good at commiserating with one another over our Clan's general lack of representation.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2023, 12:21:02 by parable »
Kaldumeir Nova Cat, Abtakha Mechwarrior of Clan Nova Cat, late of the Draconis Combine.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #805 on: 07 February 2023, 12:50:16 »

A little bit in the Hellhound/Hellcat BattleMech

And lots of dreaming about orbital bombardment of Luthien and New Samarkand

cmerwin

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #806 on: 07 February 2023, 13:26:48 »
Neg; it is simply that we here at the CNC Music Factory are very good at commiserating with one another over our Clan's general lack of representation.
Well said, trothkin!

Although, the whole space-donut, orbital bombardment of Luthien does sound appealing.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #807 on: 07 February 2023, 23:45:46 »
btw I saw you guys mention "IlKhan's Eyes Only", when does that come out ?

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #808 on: 07 February 2023, 23:59:34 »

Unknown.   Though if it follows the schedule that Empire Alone did, probably sometime in the summer.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #809 on: 08 February 2023, 01:53:45 »

I just asked this question earlier today in the New Releases Thread