Author Topic: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)  (Read 166658 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: HBS Expansion Thread- its time for II (spoilers)
« Reply #690 on: 23 November 2019, 10:56:04 »
Should have used a Pixie and the Archer or Rifleman to start the game with, but hey, this works as the starter lance.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #691 on: 23 November 2019, 12:36:32 »
Wait, what? When was there a mod that let you individually paint your mechs?

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #692 on: 23 November 2019, 12:53:44 »
Wait, what? When was there a mod that let you individually paint your mechs?

Not a mod IIRC.  It's a feature in the new patch. 

New Mech Viewer - Gete a close-up, rotatable view of your 'Mech and customize its paint pattern directly in the Mech Lab!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #693 on: 23 November 2019, 13:22:36 »
Not a mod IIRC.  It's a feature in the new patch.

This existed since day 1. Was in the Mech lab under the right hand side. Just now you can rote the mech and see better the pattern that is applied.

You are still limited to the same 3 color scheme choosen in the Commanders Quarters (where you can rename your company, check finances and select Unit Decal.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #694 on: 23 November 2019, 13:24:42 »
Wish they had updated that.  The Atlas model does a crap job of showing you what you're paint is going to look like on your real mechs.  I'd also like to see them improve how the paint covers the mechs.  I went with greens and browns this time to go with the camo pattern a lot of the mechs have, but I'm noticing a lot of metallic greys and blues still showing up on the mechs for some schemes.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #695 on: 23 November 2019, 21:25:21 »
This existed since day 1. Was in the Mech lab under the right hand side. Just now you can rote the mech and see better the pattern that is applied.

You are still limited to the same 3 color scheme choosen in the Commanders Quarters (where you can rename your company, check finances and select Unit Decal.

The quote was from the patch notes.  That's all I can tell you.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #696 on: 23 November 2019, 21:59:03 »
RNG was kind to me for once. First mission after the new patch/expansion and came upon an Archer...That I headcapped right off the bat and I negotiated for full salvage. Next contract I ran into a Marauder that I managed to destroy the head in one shot and had selected max salvage for that mission as well.  >:D

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #697 on: 23 November 2019, 22:12:05 »
Kind to you indeed!  :thumbsup:

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #698 on: 23 November 2019, 22:50:16 »
I'm on my 4th planet and so far all I've seen is two phoenix hawks, and one of them was in my free crate.  :-\

Seen a lot of partial salvage in the stores though.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #699 on: 23 November 2019, 22:57:27 »
I need to start playing this game again.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #700 on: 23 November 2019, 23:54:19 »
The stores seem a lot more generous than they used to be. Lots of 'Mech parts, including big 'Mechs while on the starter planets (not that I can even afford the pieces)

I started a brand new campaign and the first planet had a pair of UAC5s and an LB10X that I nearly bankrupted myself buying. It's weird to me that the UAC5s are actually better. Weigh less than the LB10X and get 2x 45 damage hits, vs. 10x 8 damage hits. So more damage and more concentrated. No chance to jam. No cluster table to make the 2nd shot hits only 40% of the time. The LBX doesn't even seem more accurate.

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #701 on: 24 November 2019, 12:03:17 »
The stores seem a lot more generous than they used to be. Lots of 'Mech parts, including big 'Mechs while on the starter planets (not that I can even afford the pieces)

I started a brand new campaign and the first planet had a pair of UAC5s and an LB10X that I nearly bankrupted myself buying. It's weird to me that the UAC5s are actually better. Weigh less than the LB10X and get 2x 45 damage hits, vs. 10x 8 damage hits. So more damage and more concentrated. No chance to jam. No cluster table to make the 2nd shot hits only 40% of the time. The LBX doesn't even seem more accurate.

The stores are definitely more generous, I'm guessing because they realize modders will go right in and crank the difficulty back up and/or because now they have better tools for managing them. The other thing is the AC/5s have been legit in HBSTech since release (and before) so it isn't a surprise making them twice as good is a way of overshadow the LBX.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #702 on: 24 November 2019, 15:04:28 »
I wish they would not have adjusted it . . . but it makes sense if you look at the expansions moving the timeline a bit.  I do not run mods, do not want to run mods.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #703 on: 24 November 2019, 16:36:11 »
I have picked up a few new chassis.  I have a Phoenix Hawk, an Assassin, and a Marauder 3R.  I haven't picked up much in the way of new weapons yet.  I picked up a few ER PPCs just to have back ups.  I have a few SnPPCs which to my surprise did clustering damage.  I've only run across one coil laser thus far of the Small variety.  When and if something bigger drops I'll have to give it a shot.  Right now it is just an oversized laser.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #704 on: 24 November 2019, 17:31:34 »
The one mod I was ready to jump on hasn't updated since around 1.6   :(  Really sucks since this is a feature the game should have had patched in by now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/135?tab=description

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #705 on: 24 November 2019, 21:58:13 »
My Heavy Metal crate had a Assassin and S & M Coil . . . promptly salvaged a Assassin . . . but I have a piece of a Phoenix Hawk!
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #706 on: 25 November 2019, 01:45:59 »
So I got the Bullshark and it's certified nasty.  I also manage to get a hold of a mortar.  The mortar and artillery can outright savage your opponent with a well placed shot.  That and LB and Snubs will victimize a unit that is packed together or hiding in a line one behind the other.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #707 on: 25 November 2019, 02:14:16 »
Well, decided to try out my ballistic Marauder build, after adding the requisite hardpoints to the arm and torso.  Since its pre-Weldry, I'm running twin AC/5s, twin meds and one of the snub PPCs.  Overall damage goes down a bit, but able to sustain fire for consecutive turns, and only needing to drop the snub to cool off is awesome.

A Centurion with the Ultra/5 frees up space for jumpjets which is an awesome build.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #708 on: 25 November 2019, 10:28:22 »
So I was able to assemble a Marauder out of finding parts on planets . . . a few missions in- I have visited 4 planets so far!  I also lucked out and took the head off the crappy Banshee to end up with the whole chassis, taking money over salvage on a lot of the missions.  So the weird thing is, I find that mechs and bits of mechs are WAY more common . . . but the frequency of weapons is still the same, for example I have not seen a single AC for sale on two of the worlds.  But I did find a pair of Small & Med Pulse, and see the LBX ammo available.

So now after a few planetary stops I am fielding a lance of a Marauder 3R (but no AC!  So more like super WHM), Centurion 9-A, Wolverine 6R (bought from parts!), and a Assassin w/ML & 2 SL.

Really liking the Assassin's ability to hunt down the lights.
Colt Ward

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #709 on: 25 November 2019, 11:06:14 »
I'm having the same problem I had in the last career: I can never seem to find enough medium lasers for sale and somehow don't salvage much.
I can buy all the ACs I want, and have scrap from a few chassis, but I can't repair my Jenner

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #710 on: 25 November 2019, 11:50:46 »
Put a bigger SRM rack on it?  To me that is weird, I salvage the crap out of MLs- but that is what happens when you are popping Jenners, Fleas, Locust and Fire Javelins.  I mean I sold 7 last night before shutting down the campaign to go to bed.
Colt Ward

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #711 on: 25 November 2019, 15:33:39 »
It seems medium lasers, heat sinks, jump jets and SRM ammo are the most common things I tend to salvage.
I have spoken.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #712 on: 25 November 2019, 19:08:02 »
It seems medium lasers, heat sinks, jump jets and SRM ammo are the most common things I tend to salvage.
That reminds me, I need to clear out my bay. I think I have like 40 something AC/20s now.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #713 on: 27 November 2019, 10:42:59 »
Okay, so finally fielded a Phoenix Hawk (after buying all the parts) as part of a new campaign- have not even got the Argo yet, doing a stingy salvage version which does not matter as much with pieces all over.

Anyone else expect to hear 'Autobots, Roll Out!' when it goes into physicals?
Colt Ward

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #714 on: 27 November 2019, 10:58:56 »
Okay, so finally fielded a Phoenix Hawk (after buying all the parts) as part of a new campaign- have not even got the Argo yet, doing a stingy salvage version which does not matter as much with pieces all over.

Anyone else expect to hear 'Autobots, Roll Out!' when it goes into physicals?

No, but love the fact that every time it does a physical it's almost always a RoundHouse Kick!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #715 on: 27 November 2019, 11:28:12 »
Yeah, it just struck me as a lot of the movements from the Transformer's movies . . . the way the leg was built in Robotech style did not help.

Though the head DOES make me expect to see it gunning down Covenant goons.

I am VERY happy the new Phoenix Hawk plastic does NOT look closely like the HBS/MWO design, even more than the Marauder- Classic is so superior.
Colt Ward

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #716 on: 27 November 2019, 23:57:22 »
I fought against a Warhammer.

That's a Warhammer?   ???

The Project Phoenix Warhammer looks more like a Warhammer than this!

Disclaimer: With the exception of the Shadow Hawk and Marauder, the Warhammer was the biggest epic fail of the Unseen Phoenix jobs.
I have spoken.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #717 on: 28 November 2019, 04:20:21 »
I fought against a Warhammer.

That's a Warhammer?   ???

The Project Phoenix Warhammer looks more like a Warhammer than this!
Firstly, it's the MWO rendition of the Warhammer.

Second, I am genuinely baffled as to how you came to the conclusion of this Warhammer looking less than a Warhammer than that Project Phoenix trash. Really, really baffled.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2019, 04:22:00 by Caedis Animus »

Apocal

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #718 on: 28 November 2019, 07:58:35 »
It looks like a Warhammer to me.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #719 on: 28 November 2019, 23:19:43 »
Yeah, I think the Warhammer is closer to the original than the Marauder- and I love Marauders.  WAY happier with the new Classic over MWO/HBS Marauder.
Colt Ward

Register