Author Topic: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2  (Read 249134 times)

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Re: Alternate Timeline with Thanks (FULL) Part 2
« Reply #1110 on: 11 December 2018, 15:11:10 »
Wonderful to see this back!  And lots of goings on, I have a feeling though that the folks who caused a stir on Tukkayid were not Sharks.

Good to see you back DC.

I'm thinking Blakest or Society.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1111 on: 10 January 2019, 07:24:46 »
Clan Wolf Council
Clan Council Chambers, Sheridan
Wolf Empire
1st August 3112

With their Khans dead Clan Wolf had to elect new Khans meaning that all bloodnamed members of the Clan had been recalled to the recently completed Clan Council Chambers on Sheridan.  The chambers were based on those that had once been constructed on Strana Mechty and on Tamar infact much of the materials used to build these chambers had been used on Tamar allowing the Wolves to maintain their connection to the path they had taken.  Recently with the inclusion of the Exiles into their Clan there had been calls for an additional wing to be added to the facility using materials which had been used when building the Exile facilities on Arc Royal but with the death of Evan Kell those calls had already fallen away.

“I am Gloria Shaw, the Loremaster of Clan Wolf, we have taken great losses some that would be the death of some Clans but not of Clan Wolf.  The loss of Amina Kerensky and of Evan Kell were body blows to this Clan” she said her huge hulking Elemental frame stood strongly infront of the couple of hundred bloodnamed warriors she was all that was left of their leadership but now a new beginning was going to happen.  “Today we will elect new leadership from among your number but first I must also announce that the SLDF’s Third Special Operation’s Group were intercepted on Dieudonne by forces under the command of Star Colonel Jerricho.  The Dark Keshik has almost been destroyed but these unblooded warriors proved the capability of Clan Wolf and the strength of our future.

“SEYLA!”  The entire crowd of Wolves called at once.

“Seyla” Gloria Shaw repeated “Bloodhouses announce your candidates for the Khanship of Clan Wolf.  If there is no concensus by vote of the Bloodnamed these warriors should stand ready to fight for command of this Clan.”

“I am Star Colonel Edna Metha leader of my Bloodhouse.  Our vote is combined with that of Ryde, Ch’in, Sradac and Conners to elect Merrick Sradac to the post of Khan.”  She said naming the Elemental warrior representing lesser bloodhouses he had little chance of leading Clan Wolf.

“You are welcome to contend” Gloria Shaw said diplomatically all knew that his position was a minor one.

“I am Galaxy Commander Linda Kerensky in the footsteps of Amina Kerensky and of the founder, I call for Sebastian Kerensky to be the next Khan of Clan Wolf.”  Even with only the backing of the Kerensky Bloodhouse Sebastian Kerensky had a greater claim than Merrick Sradac.

“I am Cabe Kell, my bloodhouse leader is dead killed at the hands of the Star League Defence Force.  I will see all Inner Sphere forces fall to Clan Wolf guns.”  He said Cabe Kell was a young man wearing the field uniform of a Clan Wolf MechWarrior.

“What is your rank young warrior?” Gloria Shaw asked

“I have yet to attain a rank in Clan Wolf.  I have fought and defeated Jade Falcons, Lyrans and Star League forces.  I am ready to fight against Wolves if I must but I would rather unite our Clan and defeat our enemies.”

“Seyla” Gloria Shaw said nodding approvingly her approval would give him a chance but his lack of rank or previous leadership would hurt him.  “Are there any other challengers?”  Shaw asked there were none over the next hour the Wolves debated which warrior had the best standing and examined each warrior’s codex in minute detail they quickly eliminated Merrick Sradac finding that he had commanded a unit of warriors that had failed in a mission to eliminate a group of the dark caste leaving only Cade Kell and Sebastian Kerensky.  As was often the case with Clan politics Bloodhouses that were in a strong position often stayed there despite the Kell’s status as an Exile Bloodhouse and its short history it still rallied many of the Wolves to its call.  While the Kerensky name was unquestioned as was the eventual result.

“I am Sebastian Kerensky I respect the challenge put up by Cade Kell but his time is not now.  We are in a precarious position we must solidify our position before trying to expand again.”  The Kerensky Bloodhouse candidate state in his closing argument.

“I am Cade Kell, I am young, I am inexperienced in command but I also believe that Clan Wolf must continue on the path began by Amina Kerensky and supported by Evan Kell.  The Star League Defence Force is an affront to what the Clans stand for it must fall.”

“SEYLA!”  The Wolves around him cried

“I said when this began, I will fight Wolves who are not willing to fight for Clan Wolf’s position in the Inner Sphere.”

“Then you will have to kill at least one.  I challenge you to a Circle of Equals may no other enter.”

“I accept, single shot pistols at twenty paces tomorrow at dawn.”  Cade Kell said smiling as he saw the other warrior’s reaction of surprise few people would pick such weapons when only a couple of shots would result in a kill.

“Agreed” Sebastian Kerensky said

“SEYLA!”  The Wolves around them cried in unison.

The next morning Sebastian Kerensky and Cade Kell stood with their backs to each other both holding high calibre pistols.  At the beat of a drum they each took ten paces apart stopping on the tenth each waited half a second before turning on the spot and taking their shot.  Sebastian Kerensky turned faster than Cade and fired first the bullet hitting the young exile mid-turn hitting his right shoulder destroying the joint and mangling his arm knocking him off balance and to the ground.  The event was broadcast across the Wolf Empire by HPG.  Sebastian Kerensky raised his weapon in celebration and turned to face the Tri-vid cameras as he did the bullet from Cade Kell’s weapon struck him in the armpit of his raised arm the bullet travelled quickly through the joint and penetrated Sebastian Kerensky’s skull killing the warrior instantly.  The last thing the Tri-vid cameras showed was a victorious Cade Kell laying on the ground being tended to by Wolf medics assuming he could make a recovery and prove he was still able to fight he would be the new Clan Wolf Khan.  Hours after the battle word was passed that Cade Kell’s arm had been amputated and that he needed a new limb grown.

Parliament
Atreus, District of Marik
Free Worlds League
4th August 3112

“The question was quite clear Duke Brewer-Cameron-Jones.”  Captain-General Abraham Ledford asked looking at the other man.

“Are there surviving elements of Clan Smoke Jaguar on the world of Twin Sons in the system of the same name?”

“Yes” Duke Raymond Brewer-Cameron-Jones responded throughout the Parliament chamber there was a wave of surprise.  “These people are survivors of the holocaust that was inflicted on their people…”

“A justified end to them!”  Someone shouted out

“Remember Edo!”  Another shouted

“Silence, you will allow the District of Lesnovo’s leader to speak.  Continue” the Captain-General said as leader of the neighbouring District of Bowang Ledford had a keen interest in hearing exactly what influence these Jaguars had.

“These people have helped bring peace to the Twin Sons system a system that has been at a state of internal conflict since its colonisation by House Marik.  The Jaguars make up a tiny portion of their population.”

“But they have gained power with their ‘bringing the peace’?”  Ledford asked

“That is correct Khan Petra Furey…” he said he heard several gasp again at hearing the Clan rank “Khan Petra Furey has dedicated her people to defending Twin Sons and improving the lives of all peoples on that world and in our District.  These people are not the Smoke Jaguars who invaded the Inner Sphere most of them now were born on Twin Sons, they have fought and bled for the people of that system not some distant leader who believes in the conquest of the Inner Sphere.  I accept their support for my nation and offer them the full protection of my District.”

“Treason!”  One shouted out

“Then perhaps someone also judge this parliament for continuing to accept Sea Foxes on our worlds iand in our space.”  The Duke said continuing meeting the eyes of others in the crowd “each of you have voted time and again to accept weapons and trade shipments from Clan Sea Fox.  In some cases we have openly seeked their trade these Jaguars are no different.”

“History tells us different things.”  Jonas Halas said

“History is written by the victors” Joseph Marik said speaking up for the first time.  “We cannot and we will not forget Edo but I believe we should judge these people for their own accomplishments not on what known history tells us.”  While not the Captain-General Duke Joseph Marik’s stature and lineage place him in good standing with the Parliament.  Captain-General Ledford did not disagree with Duke Marik and called a vote Ledford’s, Joseph Marik’s and Robert Brett-Marik’s full support the motion was passed by the Parliament to accept the Smoke Jaguars as members of the District of Lesnov to be used at the will of Duke Raymond Brewer-Cameron-Marik and the government of Lesnovo.

Border raids
Kessel, Kessel Prefecture
District of Dieron
11th August 3112

MechWarrior Kiyoshi Fuwa spun his Dragon BattleMech to the right away from the Lyran Thanatos but felt his BattleMech be peppered by medium range missiles and lasers.  The Fifth and Seventeenth Isle of Skye Guards RCTs had arrived on Kessel two days before and had quickly moved on the defenders taking key defensive points.  Fuwa turned on the Thanatos and returned the attack but the Dragon wasn’t a match for the heavier and faster Lyran Mech more lasers and missiles cut into his BattleMech causing damage across its BattleMech’s form.

On the ground passing behind the back of Kiyoshi Fuwa’s Dragon a fast-moving hovercraft with Lyran markings shot past quickly opening fire with multiple SRMs the Dieron pilot attempted to follow the hovercraft but his distraction allowed the Thanatos to unload another salvo into the Dragon ending its fight.  Across Kessel similar battles had worked out as the Lyrans quickly secured the Prefecture Capital along with Komephoros and Alraski while also striking at La Blon, Kimball II and Konstance.

The loss of these worlds sends shockwaves throughout the District of Dieron as worlds begin questioning the Districts ability to keep them safe from harm with some worlds covertly contacting neighbouring realms and looking for other nations to step in and assist them.  The worlds of Kimball II and Konstance now isolated due to the loss of Kessel even go as far as to contacting the Rasalhague Dominion.  The Bears see this as an invitation and immediately deploy two clusters of warriors to these worlds securing them for the Rasalhague Dominion.

Pirate raid
Bandon, New Port Royal9
Nova Cat’s Den, Periphery
13th August 3112

As the Nova Cat’s continue assaults against the Taurian Concordat capturing the system of Tyrrhenia they are attacked from outside as they face Trials of Possession with the Federated Suns for the systems of Belogost, Kiza and McRae.  The Nova Cat’s succeed in holding Kiza but losing both Belogost and McRae.

Meanwhile on the world of New Tortuga pirate forces assault the Nova Cat settlement of Bandon with a motley collection of pirate vehicles razing the entire settlement of ten thousand citizens in one attack.  Before the Nova Cat defenders of the 109th Strike Cluster could attend the site of the attack as a result of the attack Star Colonel Lin Bavros is executed by the Nova Cats leadership for failing to defend a system deep within the Nova Cat’s Den.  Within a week of the attack Rossei’s Triumph and Fletcher’s Feast are also attacked with a small arms factory on Rossei’s Triumph ransacked and an armoured vehicle factory attacked on Fletcher’s Feast.  On Fletchers the 68th Nova Cat Roar Cluster intercept the pirates and capture several of the pirates.  After lengthy interrogations the pirates are identified from Morghui a moon located in a periphery system far from any other nation.

Trial of Possession
Sea Fox Shipyards, Jarnfolk space
Periphery   
23rd August 3112

The pair of Clan Lynx Batu OmniFighters spun and manoeuvred away from the Sea Fox Avar OmniFighters as they attempted to defend their claim to the Shipyards below.  This Trial of Possession had been declared by the Lynx Clan and so far, their heavier fighters had the advantage over the lighter faster Sea Fox aircraft.

Turning to the left a pair of laser beams fired from the Batus hit one of the Avar’s mid-line across its hull the high energy beams shattered the aerospace fighters hull blowing it apart.  The second craft barrel rolled away unleashing a salvo of short-range missiles which slammed into the cockpit of one of the Batus opening it to space.

The remaining Batu continued to turn evasively avoiding follow up laser fire from the Avar the Batu inverted its rear laser firing at the Avar but missing.  More missiles followed the Lynx craft causing armour damage but not enough to take it out of the fight instead the Batu pilot used its reaction control thrusters to spin on the spot and fired multiple pulse laser blasts into the Avar knocking the smaller fighter out winning the Lynx Clan the Trial.  From the victory the Lynx Clan won the right to build a newly designed seventy-ton Aerospace Fighter named the Gaugamela.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1112 on: 10 January 2019, 07:25:48 »
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1113 on: 10 January 2019, 09:55:47 »
Yay, this was  a nice update! Thank you and Happy New Year! 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1114 on: 10 January 2019, 17:28:55 »
Welcome back, Dragon Cat!
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 21:55:59 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1115 on: 10 January 2019, 20:11:36 »
nice update... also good to see you back

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1116 on: 11 January 2019, 14:43:39 »
Superb as always!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1117 on: 18 January 2019, 08:43:58 »
Combat Drop
Las Halles, District of Oriente
Free Worlds League
8th September 3112

The skies of Las Halles was filled with falling snow and falling BattleMechs as the Eagle’s Talons Regiment approached the surface of the world.  Marshal Richard Steiner looked into the sky and watched the BattleMech’s fall behind them several DropShips approached the surface of the planet.

“A bit of a flashy entrance” Colonel Sofia Bukhalova said looking into the air.

“Make sure out perimeter guards are alert tonight and have an extra battalion on standby just in case.”

“You think they’ll test our LZ?”

“I think they’ll want to make sure they are noticed.”

“We had a planned training session with the militia.”

“Cancel it, no-one leaves the LZ until we figure out where the Talons are coming from.”

“Understood” she said as the last of the Mechs disappeared from sight landing behind them the DropShips were still initiating their landing sequences.

“I’ll contact Prefect Smit and explain that we do not mean hostile intent towards the Eagle’s Talons.  With any luck their JumpShips could get us off the border and heading home.”  Marshal Richard Steiner suggested the Colonel looked at him like he’d just said something funny.  “Yeah, silly hope.”

As they’d suggested the Eagle’s Talons refused to give them the transports needed to get the unit back to the Federated Suns instead the FWL unit set up with the militia in a defensive pattern and called for an end to all joint operations with the Kathil Uhlans.  They did not however stop the First Kathil Uhlans continuing to trade with local businesses for supplies.

Almost two weeks after the arrival of the Eagle’s Talons the First ComGuard Brigade, the SLS Firedrake and the SLS Siberia arrived in the system.  They had been deployed following the FSS Comet’s arrival at New Olympica and arrived to ensure that units of the two Star League states did not come to blows.  The added manpower from the Eagles Talons and SLDF also added a massive amount of extra business to the economy of Las Halles.

Proving Ground
Haven, Colleen system
Deep Periphery, Clan Homeworlds
10th September 3112

Standing with saKhan Mira Collesano of the Blood Spirits and Goliath Scorpion Khan Ingo Yeh the Blood Spirit Khan Alex Lassenum stood watching as two Blood Spirit MechWarriors and two Goliath Scorpion Warriors battled in four new Obsidian Mantis OmniMechs.  The Obsidian Mantis was a new sixty-ton OmniMech developed by the Blood Spirits to reinforce their lines.

“Impressive designs” Ingo Yeh said “I appreciate your Clan sharing some of the production with mine.”

“Too much shared” Mira Coollesano said she was annoyed that Alex Lassenum had agreed to supply the Goliath Scorpions.

“We will begin our next deployment very soon” Ingo Yeh said.

“Where are you targeting next?”

“Huntress then we are going to reinforce our forces on Hector.”  Yeh explained recently things had moved forwards for the Clans in their struggle against the Society now the Blood Spirits and Goliath Scorpions had holdings on New Kent, Hector, Sheridan and Glory with both Clans running supply missions to their forces there.  While the Clans couldn’t claim dominance over any of the worlds, they had more say in those systems development than any other.  “Where are your Blood Spirits hitting next?”

“There is a rumour that the Society is developing a new type of WarShip we are going to have a look at their facilities at Brim.”

“That place is a fortress Khan Lassenum.”

“Aff, Khan Yeh, which is why it is our target.” Mira Collesano explained “we will cut off this new threat while we can.”

“I wish you well” Yeh said as the two battles below them finished the two Clans had shared the honours in the battle with both a Blood Spirit and Goliath Scorpion warrior claiming victory.  “I hope this is a good sign for both of our peoples.

Jade Falcon Offensive
Isle of Skye, Kirkcaldy
Lyran Commonwealth
13th September 3112

Following a successful blitzkrieg campaign that had seen the Lyrans brutally occupy Knockengen, Hillerod, Porrima and Veckholm the destruction of two front-line units and of two Lyran WarShips at the cost of one of their own WarShips and the majority of three Clusters the Jade Falcons were on the verge of breaking into the Isle of Skye region of the Lyran Commonwealth with an attack on Kirkcaldy.

Intent on scouting the system before launching a full assault the Jade Falcon’s elite Eighth Falcon Jaegers Cluster fast burn onto the planet avoiding Lyran aerospace forces landing near Fife City they move on the positions occupied by the Sixth Commonwealth Guards RCT only to be pounded by artillery fired by the unit’s armour battalion and several Trutzburg-class DropShips.  Each of the DropShips was armed with three turreted Long Tom Artillery pieces which together essentially added a second artillery battalion to the armour forces firepower.  This barrage of fire was enhanced by the Sixth’s two armour regiments which were dug into the hillside and were sniping at the Clan force.

Following the artillery barrage came the Sixth’s Mech and Battle Armour regiments which tear into the disorientated Clan Cluster.  Normally an elite Clan Cluster would be a match for a Veteran Inner Sphere Regiment but facing the majority of an RCT alone the Eighth Falcon Jaegers essentially cease to be in the heavy fighting.  As well as the Trutzburg’s debut the Lyrans also are able to deploy a new BattleMech during the fighting the fifty-five-ton Eisenkanone.  Inspired by the Hollander and Hollander II BattleMechs the Eisenkanone is an example of the “one big gun” philosophy of BattleMech design although it is slow for its weight Class the BattleMech brings an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle to the battlefield, a weapon normally only seen on certain heavy and assault units, making it a threat to BattleMechs several tons heavier when used correctly.

Battlefield, SLDF Lines
Belle Isle, Taurian Concordat
18th September 3112

Sergeant Alberto Ammann hefted his Federated-Boeing AR-72 Assault rifle from one side of the trench to the other targeting a group of incoming Clan Nova Cat battle armour with Mechs in support.  Alberto was a member of the Fourth Royal Infantry Regiment and a member of the detachment of the Brigade that had been sent to Belle Isle elsewhere members of the Star League unit had been deployed to support the defence of the Concordat.  He personally found it hilarious that he and his men were members of the SLDF a modern organisation that had been created to defend the Inner Sphere from the Clans.  The Clans were descendants of the original SLDF who's own decedents had fought to subjugate the Taurian Concordat which now the Nova Cats were fighting to do.  The Fourth Royal Regimental Brigade was spread all over the Concordat supporting the Taurians.  “Here they come boys now all of you remember target those battle suits by the squad it’s the only way to penetrate their armour.” He commanded snapping back to reality watching the Clans close.

“ARROW! ARROW! ARROW!”  The warning suddenly blasted over every radio in the vicinity.  For a moment the SLDF troopers froze not sure how to react to the Taurian accented voice.  An “Arrow” launch code in Taurian space meant one thing someone had fired a nuclear weapon in their direction.

“Masks on!”  Alberto Ammann screamed at his men after a moment “Seal your ****** armour and get the hell into that trench!”  He screamed as the full realisation of what was going on.  “Com’on move it, now!  Eat the dirt” he said as the men hurriedly pulled radiation masks over their uniform and tried to close any gaps Alberto himself was doing the same thing.  The belief was that the masks and seals would be enough to keep the radiation out for long enough to get themselves back to a base where it could be washed off but few of them believed it.  “This isn’t a drill do it now!”  He continued to shout in the sky above him there was a ferocious roar as the missile flew overhead Alberto took one final look at the incoming Clansmen before diving into the trench.  Once as low as he could get, he hurriedly pulled a silver blanket which was designed to protect him from the heat blast over his body.  Alberto keyed his mic one more time “Keep down boys and girls wait out the coming storm” he said as the missile hit it’s target nearly two kilometres away hitting the Nova Cat Landing Zone destroying their DropShips and sending a wave of fire and radiation out.

The blast quickly passed over the joint SLDF/Taurian Cocordat lines flipping over vehicles and knocking over BattleMechs.  For a few moments’ screams filled the radios as ill prepared troopers were caught up by the blast wave before everything went silent as the following EMP fried unprepared circuits.

The Nova Cats who were closest to the blast were almost all killed or crippled by the blast while nearly a third of the SLDF detachment had been killed by the blast.  In the hours after the missile attack all SLDF forces pull off Belle Isle by the command of General Marta Mallozzi as the SLDF pulled back from the front-lines demanding that the Taurians lock away their remaining nuclear weapons.  In the coming days the Nova Cats returned to Belle Isle destroying the First Taurian Pride Regiment days after the Nova Cats also landed on Mirfak assaulting the Taurian Concordat forces their but being driven back as the Taurians defended the Germanium deposits there using nuclear weapons to cripple the Nova Cat WarShip Excalibur in the system.

Coordinator’s quarters, Imperial Palace
Imperial City, New Samarkand
Military District of Midway, Draconis Combine
22nd September 3112

After a year imprisoned in the Imperial Palace on New Samarkand having gotten through a spate of depression Akira Kurita was ready to retake his place as leader of the Draconis Combine unfortunately the guards were all loyal to Hirohito Kurita so he and his wife Julia would have to act alone.

“You are ready” Akira said to her as they waited for the guards to arrive with their daily food.  Julia nodded her response playing the subservient wife that the Combine guards had come to accept few of them knew she was trained in the martial art of Kung Fu.  Their guards had attempted to put cameras in their quarters but Akira had broken them they may have been aware of Akira’s attempts at training her in Karate but they had no idea about her own abilities.

The doors to their quarters opened and as was expected of them both Akira and Julia Kurita stood at the door and bowed to them as the two guards in dress uniform entered after all this time all they had on them were their side arms and ceremonial katana and wakizashi swords.  Both guards bowed out of respect for the Kurita family and that was when they acted Akira took the guard on the right while Julia took the one on the left both striking out at the same time.  The guards were momentarily taken by surprise staggering backwards but staying on their feet it then became a battle of skills and strength.  Akira was stronger than his guard but his guard was armed and quickly reached for his sidearm which Akira kicked away immediately the guard reached for his katana only for Akira to strike the guard several times knocking him backwards the sword falling to the floor.  As he reacted to Akira’s attack the former Coordinator of the Draconis Combine rolled across the floor snatching the Katana blade into his hand as he did completing his roll he brought the weapon around in a circular motion cutting down the guard in a singular blow.

Meanwhile Julia had used her speed to avoid her guard’s blows ducking and rolling while striking out at her opponent as he drew his sidearm instead of knocking the weapon away, she rapidly disarmed him gaining control over the weapon she fired several shots cutting him down.  Without time to waste they moved towards the door Akira picked up the other guards sidearm as he stepped through the door which allowed him to miss the shots fired at the doors by the other guards.  Julia was not so lucky as she stepped out of the door two shots struck her in the chest her weapon falling to the ground as she lost her grip and staggered under the fire Akira raised his weapon and fired at the incoming guards killing one while he watched his wife fall to the floor he could tell she was dead before she hit the ground.

The Coordinator screamed in anger firing several more shots down the corridor cutting down another guard before taking one last look at his falled partner.  Finally knowing there was nothing he could do but escape he turned and ran into the Imperial Palace searching for a way out.  Several hours of searching later the guards had failed to locate Coordinator Akira Kurita he had found a way to leave the Palace without being seen and was now somewhere in the Imperial City.  Coordinator Hirohito Kurita commanded that the Imperial City be placed under martial law until the “fugitive” was brought to justice.

Meeting House,
Mopelia Island, New Earth
Star League Protectorate
25th September 3112

A group of nine members sat around a wooden table with a book in the centre of the table.  It was a copy of the Clans Remembrance once that had once belonged to Clan Smoke Jaguar and was known among the people sat there as The Unopened Book.  As far as the people gathered today were concerned it was the last known copy of the Smoke Jaguar Remembrance but today’s news appeared to cast doubt on that fact.

On the Tri-vid screen beside them was a recording of the recent Free Worlds League Parliament in which the District of Lesnovo had publicly declared that members of Clan Smoke Jaguar not only lived but were flourishing in the Free Worlds League.

“Custos, we must meet with this Khan” one member of the group said looking at the leader of the group who must have been close to one hundred years old.  Clearly an elemental by birth with an artificial arm replacing one that had been lost in previous combat.

“We must not, they are not Smoke Jaguars, the Smoke Jaguar Clan is dead.  If they are anything than they are dark caste who have no name to claim but a dead one.”  Another said angrily that was the opinions of the two sides of the Fidelis movement one who was happy to see their people live in peace on New Earth and the other that wished for them to go out and face those who challenged them.

“Our agreement with the Star League Defence Force is quite clear” Custos said quietly “we have supported the people of New Earth in their time of need.”  He said referring to the terrorist bombings that had rocked the world in 3092.  “But the moment that we deploy forces off of New Earth we become an armed force of the Star League Defence Force they can call on our forces until our debts are paid.  They did not have to give us sanctuary on this world Bannister Cameron could have turned us away he did not our debts are great.”

“We already have elements off this planet.”

“Flatus is not a threat to anyone the Star League know this they allow us to keep her to humour themselves.”
   “If only they knew” another said smiling the Star League knew about their WarShip hidden in the asteroid belt they believed it was tethered to one of the largest asteroids there and hadn’t been serviced or moved since it’s arrival.  What they didn’t know was that the Fidelis had built a support structure around it, repaired, serviced and modified the vessel to a modern standard making it far more of a match for other vessels.

“They are also happy for us to supply them with BattleMechs from the Yankee facility.”

“And turn a blind eye to some of our other facilities.”  Custos reminded them “I am not against investigating these Jaguars claims but we must weigh the costs to our people.”  He said finally a vote was taken shortly afterwards and a decision was made the Fidelis would travel to the District of Lesnovo and discover more about these would be Jaguars.

Open Space near Galatea Station
SLDS Prometheus, Isegrim-class DropShip
Galatea, Star League Protectorate
30th September 3112

“This is Captain Bruce Boxleitner of the DropShip Prometheus to District of Dieron forces you have entered Star League Defence Force claimed space.  Galatea and its station are off-limits to hostilities.  Further action by your forces will result in your destruction.”  He said cutting the communication channel from his command chair “copy that message to the station and to the Subtlety.”

“Subtlety has said they are standing by should anything bigger come through.”

“We’ll holler if we need them” he said looking at the screens seeing the squadron of fighters from the station were staying close.

“Communication from the Dieron vessel their entry into this system was in error Lyran forces from the Lyons system were retreating and they believed they had come through here.”

“Reply that their message is understood and as they can see they have not entered this system and that if they wish to push the matter the McKenna-class Battleship behind us will happily answer them.”

“Most of the Subtlety’s weapons manned by cadets.”

“They don’t know that” the Captain said “target the forward guns see if that gets the message across.”

“Message from Galatea Station to the Dieron forces, it’s the Governor, he’s offering them an option to retreat with their equipment intact or face the wolf.”  The communications officer said Boxleitner smiled at the response when the SLDF had assigned him here to help transition the people from the Lyran Commonwealth to the SLDF he hadn’t been too sure if he’d like Governor O’Hare but the two of them had fit together quite well.  Now as Dieron and Skye exchanged blows, and systems, it appeared that they’d have to work even closer together.  In the most recent attacks Lyons had been captured by Dieron while six other systems, seven if Galatea was included, had been raided as the District of Dieron attempted to assert itself with its neighbours.

“Message from JumpShips they are recalling their DropShips and standing down.”

“Very good, stand down weapons and begin deacceleration bring us down to one G.  The fighters can dock at the recharge station to refuel.”  He said smiling over the last six months engineering teams had completed the system’s first recharge station a cut down version of the Olympus-class stations it featured no common areas for visitors instead it was purely a fuelling station for JumpShips, WarShips and DropShips.  Anyone wishing to stay in the system had to travel to Galatea Station to conclude their business.  Due to traffic in the system already there were plans for a second recharge station and talk of a second station on the scale of Galatea Station being built the system’s primary inhabited world may have been abandoned but this system was very much a light in the constant night of space.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1118 on: 18 January 2019, 08:48:47 »
I borrowed a couple of unit's for this month's update

The Eisenkanone

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=64042.0

And the

The Obsidian Mantis

https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?topic=3506.msg43953#msg43953

It's in the thread title but my thanks to the builders

wolfcannon

• Lieutenant
    • wolfcannon's photobucket album
« Reply #1119 on: 18 January 2019, 13:40:00 »
Thank You Dragon Cat.   MA is the original author and graciously allowed my tinkering.
Daniels Avenger                Clan Coyote
General Jennifer Daniels    Galaxy Commander Jim Skyes
                                        Omicron Galaxy
Clan Wolf in Exile
328th Assault Cluster(the Lion Hearted)
Star Captain James Sword

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1120 on: 18 January 2019, 18:39:06 »
I'm kinda surprised that General Marta Mallozzi, doesn't understand that the Taurian Concordat is treating these clan "pirate" forces just as the scum they are.  The Spectre started this when they did an Endor level event, Nova Cats have escalated with their hits on Taurian Concordat. 

But then I'm shocked that there was no Sphere wide outrage about the Spectre Assault.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1121 on: 18 January 2019, 19:42:54 »
Why the SLDF were surprised will be revealed

As for the Sceptre the Ravens have publicly cast them out so they don't get attacked they've admitted they built the ship everyone knows it the Taurians hitting the Cats started this little fight after the Sceptres raid on Sterope the Sceptre has done a terrible thing but they can't be found at the moment so the Taurians vented on the Nova Cats by using WMDs so the Nova Cats are retaliating

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1122 on: 18 January 2019, 23:26:37 »
See I disagree
I don't remember the Raven claim it was a rogue ship, right like there been rogue Clan forces operating a brand new ship.  I don't recall the Raven offering the Taurians anything or help, dealing with the effects their Rogues caused.

This caused the Taurians to public announce they were going to treat the clan forces as pirate scums they now shown to be.  Nova Cats decided to come a prey on the Taurians, and then were shocked when they were treated like Pirate Scum the Spectre showed us all clanner are.

This whole WMD arguement, if Nova Cats truly beleive that.  They never cared about it, and taken them weapons off the table before the TC brought out weapons to deal with a clanners who basicly killed off a whole planet, Endor style.  And are now wiping out whole military units, because of which TC is fighting fire with NUKE Fire.

I love your AU setting DC just feel that rest of sphere, show little or no shock/horror at "Rogue" Clanner ship that killed off a whole planet.  there was much more outrage in the canon of the Smoke Kitty orbital bombardment
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1123 on: 19 January 2019, 09:49:12 »
I love that you love the story and that you're challenging my choices

Its in the main story but in this piece the Ravens cast them out

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58286.msg1343116#msg1343116

As for the reaction compared to Turtle Bay

During the Clan invasion a united response occurred because everyone was looking at the Clans and scared

Now it's less so the Clans are a problem all over many nation's have large borders with the Clans, the Combine just had a district break away, the Lyrans capital is threatened and that have clans on three borders, the FWL is too far away and is dealing with their own issues and the Capellans haven't really been looking beyond their own border, the only ones assisting are the SLDF and even they have Wolves pushing into their territory

I've created a more broken Inner Sphere than the 3050s

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1124 on: 19 January 2019, 13:43:51 »
DC, I'm glad you respond to my challenging you

No where can I find that Raven's Publicly admited to Sphere that they lost to Rogue Forces the Spectre and nope can I find nor has anyone else referenced it.
In that story when the info got out it was spread far wide.
Days later across Dothan and from there across the Federated Suns gun camera footage of Banacek’s forces tearing apart the final lance of defenders on Dothan was repeatedly broadcast by news agencies leading to demands of immediate action in response as worlds cried out for additional defences.
Which is why the story of what they did in the TC, got out there should have been more outrage if not sphere wide at least in FS.  There should been at least taskforce assigned to hunt it, it would have been nice if a joint FS/Raven and hopefully TC.

The Clans Pirate Scum, in my mind have not helped themselves here, 1st by "not offering help" to the TC after 1 of their own did what they did Endor Style.  Remember that when Edo was bombarded the sheer barbarity of this action shocked even the most hard-line Crusaders, I can't believe that Endor Style event on a Sterope by Rogue clanners who not have even the same effect.  I'm not sure we've seen a planet killed off in your AU, this wasn't a simple orbital bombardment which is what Nova Smoked Kitty has done to both TDF and SLDF forces but a total/near total kill of a Sterope.  Second why Nova Kitty reached a paw in to hit the TC when they publicly declared all clan forces pirate [kinda like when clans declared someone - Dezgra], and got burnt for it after , they all publicly backed the Nova Smoked Kitty and agreed that the TC force are now Dezgra, because they won't fight this war on Clans Pirate Scum rules only after cost them already 5 planets.

I keep waiting for the TC authorize the TMI, to deploy a Special Task Force(s) to show the "heirs of the old Star League, why messing with the TC was a bad idea".  They all agreed that Nova Smoked Kitty are "doing" the right thing and have told the SLDF that don't do another Operation Serpent on Nova Kitty because we all support them, so they are all now as guilty.  Deploy them to all possible clan "safe" spaces and start show them what this total war that they all now support means to them personally.

How we got Here.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1125 on: 19 January 2019, 14:25:44 »
Great update DC, the Wolf story is really starting to get interesting.  And TC/CNC thing seems to really be heating up.  :D

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1126 on: 19 January 2019, 16:22:38 »
DOC_Argen ill always reply

sorry wrong bit linked to it was supposed to be the first post

“The Raven Khan has declared us rogue for our actions in the New Samarkand system.”

The crew were cast out by those events that the Ravens made loud and clear were having nothing to do with you

When Sceptre is found there will be a reckoning just just not everyone's priority right now

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1127 on: 20 January 2019, 13:04:58 »
DOC_Argen DOC_Agrenill always reply

sorry wrong bit linked to it was supposed to be the first post

The crew were cast out by those events that the Ravens made loud and clear were having nothing to do with you
But was that spread wide across the sphere, or just within the clan.  IE did they publicly tell DC, FS, TC, or even Nova Cats, yeah we just lost to Rogue members of our clan, our latest newest warship. 

When Sceptre is found there will be a reckoning just just not everyone's priority right now
I should hope so, of course now they found home with Smoked Kitty leftovers, so that encounter should be interesting.  Not that it in good shape now.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1128 on: 20 January 2019, 15:35:17 »
But was that spread wide across the sphere, or just within the clan.  IE did they publicly tell DC, FS, TC, or even Nova Cats, yeah we just lost to Rogue members of our clan, our latest newest warship. 

In the DC's capital system on an open channel (ie. broadcast publicly), they said, and I'll paraphrase slightly, "Surrender or be subject to annihilation."  Clanners aren't going to parse that out to Spheroids assuming they know what is meant - and considering the length of time the clans have been in the Inner Sphere, every power should know what is meant by this.  I'll suggest that the Taurians are the most likely to not understand the meaning of the situation, as they are quite inward focussed, but to the clans, everyone's been told.

I'm also, generally, a proponent of off-screen actions.  Dragon Cat has stated they have been publicly condemned, therefore it has happened, just because it didn't happen on-screen, doesn't mean it didn't occur (there's been a number of examples of off-screen actions we don't hear about until their results are made public).  That is also where I'm at with a potential task force ordered to track the Sceptre down, we may not hear about it until the task force lands itself in deep water or the confrontation with the Sceptre occurs.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1129 on: 12 February 2019, 07:56:20 »
Landing Zone, Zack Rayz (Leopard-class DropShip)
Prato, District of Bowang
Free Worlds League
9th October 3112

The modified Leopard-class DropShip Zack Rayz came to a stop on the world of Preto near the single-story building that was laughingly called a Spaceport Control building on the Periphery world of the Free Worlds League.  Prato was benefiting from increased public spending with the increased profitability of the District of Bowang but its spaceport was yet to improve.  From the DropShip five BattleMechs and a group of five Battle Armour troopers stepped from its cargo bay each of them wore the insignias of Clan Smoke Jaguar, of the District of Lesnovo and the Free Worlds League.

This was a goodwill tour of the District for the Smoke Jaguars organised by Lesnovo to improve the reborn Clan’s image and show that the District intended to support each of its worlds fully and that the Jaguars were part of this support.  Piloting one of the BattleMechs a League produced Carronade type was Khan of the Smoke Jaguars Petra Furey the Mech was one of the most advanced that Lesnovo had and had been a gift to the Smoke Jaguars from Bowang as a symbol of unity and she had decided to embrace the gift.  As was the plan the Jaguars paraded through the world’s major settlements and Petra Furey spoke at several gatherings before leaving the world.

Over the coming months Petra Furey would travel to a dozen separate systems improving the support for the Jaguars and for the District of Bowang.  Petra Furey’s charisma does more than improve the Jaguars image it also draws many new recruits to the Clan’s ranks with many willing to give up the little they have on the periphery’s edge of the Free Worlds League for a dream of glory with the Clan.  Many traditionalists within the Jaguars do not like Furey’s plans for their reborn Clan.

Strategy meeting Taurian Concordat/SLDF command
New Vandenburg, New Vandenberg
Taurian Concordat
13th October 3112

Colonel Jason Nowak the Star League Defence Force liaison to the Taurian Concordat was beyond angry as he stared at the Taurian officials on New Vandenburg he had been sent here to Coordinate operations between his unit the Fourth Royal Brigade and the Taurians only for the people they were defending to use nuclear weapons and kill members of the SLDF. 

And because the SLDF had “no right” to set foot on Taurus command of the defence of the Taurian Concordat had been moved to New Vandenburg which was an inconvenience but not the end of the world.  Nowak was not angry because of that he was angry because of the Taurians inability to manage a coordinated defence against Clan Nova Cat and their endangerment of SLDF troops, Nowak's friends and colleagues.

“Can we please agree that nuclear weapons are not the key to winning this conflict?”  He asked looking at the Taurian Marshals.  “These weapons are not stopping the Nova Cats…”

“But they level the playing field” Marshal Sylvester Blake said his anger equalling the SLDF officers.
“It is not a play field, people are dying!”  Nowak snapped

“The Nova Cats bring WarShips to the field they level entire regiments from orbit we have no such weapons we need weapons that we can match the Clans with.”

“There is an entire Star League Defence Force WarShip squadron in the Taurian Concordat.”

“This is not enough, the Taurian people have to be able to fight back themselves.”  Marshal Irina Volk said supporting her fellow marshal “we have destroyed another WarShip in the defence of Mirfak we are holding them back.”

“The Nova Cats keep coming” Nowak said “Star League Intelligence suggests that the Nova Cats almost forty WarShips with a minimum of two shipyards producing more WarShips.”

“We can produce nuclear weapons faster than they can build ships and train crews.  Weapons are easy Colonel Nowak manning multi-thousand-ton WarShips and keeping morale up is far harder.”

“And in the meantime, innocent people and those who are trying to help you pay the price.”  Nowak said angrily “hundreds of men and women who serve the SLDF have been treated for radiation poisoning due to the events on Belle Isle.  And the Nova Cats keep coming” he said repeating his last words “we need to bring them to the negotiation table, provide them with a united front.”  He said as another Taurian officer entered the room from behind the Marshals and handed a data pad to Marshal Volk who read the information and turned back to the group.

“The Nova Cats returned to Mirfak with additional naval vessels and ground forces.  Our defences were no match, we have lost control of the system.”

“And the Germanium Mine?”  Marshal Blake enquired

“Our failsafe was disabled by damage the Nova Cats have successfully secured the facilities.”

“Colonel, your WarShip squadron is required to assist us in retaking Mirfak.”

“Not until you agree to stop using nuclear weapons in fire support in ground force operations.”

“You withhold your support?”  Blake demanded

“Only to safeguard my people’s lives.”

“Then you are no use to us.”  Blake responded “lives do not matter the survival of the Taurian Concordat does and we will defend it anyway we can.”

“The Protector would not agree…”

“The Protector is on Taurus…”  Volk said calmly “we are here.”

“May I speak to the Protector?”

“The Protector is young and does not need your interruptions in his life” Volk said showing that the Marshals intended to run the conflict as they desired.

Clan Trials of Possession
Clan Occupation Zone
21st October 3112

In a series of Trials of Possession Clan Coyote wins the worlds of Gunzburg, Skandia and Dalkeith from the Rasalhague Dominion.  The trials are fought in accordance with Clan duelling rules.  In the coming weeks the Coyotes expand their operations to the Hell’s Horses Occupation Zone capturing the systems of Orkney, Crimond, Zoetermeer and Vantaa showing that the Coyotes have lost none of their martial prowess while they have rebuilt their Touman.

Elsewhere the Sea Foxes abandon Steelton and Toland to the periphery instead moving their defences deeper into their Occupation Zone where they could be more use.  With the freed-up troops, the Sea Foxes launch Trials of Possession for Parakoila, Babaeski, Great X and Yeguas in the Jade Falcon and Hell’s Horses Occupation Zones gaining control over all four systems as both the Jade Falcons and Hell’s Horses seek to use troops on their Inner Sphere borders.

FSS Eagle Eye (Hound-class Corvette)
High Orbit, Abbeville
Draconis March, Federated Suns
29th October 3112

The FSS Eagle Eye moved into a stationary position above the world of Abbeville and two Arondight-class DropShips launched from its DropShip Collars moving to take positions alongside it forming a blockade near the world.  On the command deck of the Eagle Eye the crew looked at the brown world below it wasn’t the nicest world of the Draconis March but the people had made a life for themselves there and now they’d likely die there.  “You think there is any chance of them finding a cure?”

“The NBC experts and medical teams think that one fifth of the population have been affected so far.”  Another crewmen replied “word is SLDF NBC experts are being called in to assist as well they’ll do all they can for them.”

“In the meantime, we do our duty” Captain Bruno Vander Zee replied from the command chair “if any ship tries to break the quarantine, we force them back down.”  He said looking around the command deck “we need to make sure that this does not go further than Abbeville the medical teams can work on saving the people below us.”  He said the Eagle Eye’s job was to protect the Federated Suns even if it meant protecting it from its own people.

The quarantine of Abbeville would last until mid-3113 when the world would officially be declared dead by the AFFS as the virus that had been released on the world mutated several times and eluded AFFS/SLDF efforts to contain it.

Private Party, Oh! MaHeed
Jierus City, Bowang
District of Bowang, Free Worlds League
30th October 3112

In the premier club of Jierus City Oh! MaHeed the top floor was closed off for a private function with only the wealthiest and most beautiful allowed in on tables the most beautiful dancers performed for the crowd’s entertainment.  In the centre of the crowd the Bounty Hunter, the five MechWariors of his team, the DropShip and support team all enjoyed the night.  Among them Dominic Nostra sat watching as the party went by around him Christopher Grant slipped into the leather chair beside him, he wore blue stripped shirt and comfortable trousers and shoes.  “What do you think?”

“It’s strange being in the open despite the wanted sign over my head.”  Nostra admitted

“We all have one” Grant said “because of our actions before joining this team and after we are wanted across the Inner Sphere” he said back loudly over the music “the people here don’t care, they are the people who will hire us in the future and the people who are afraid of us.”

“So, we just enjoy ourselves?”

“Until we are called upon to do more work”

“And we pretend that the outside world doesn’t exist?”

“Oh, it clearly exists” Grant replied “but tonight we can enjoy the spoils of this work” he said handing Nostra a drink and gesturing to the wider bar at a particularly beautiful dancer who was close.  “Anything you want in this room tonight is yours.  Tomorrow we’ll decide what we want to do.”

“I still haven’t decided that my future is here.”  He replied as Christopher Grant was already moving away the world of Bowang had become a world of trade and of mercenaries and was big enough for anyone to disappear.

“You will, see you in the morning” Grant shouted as he disappeared into the crowd and a pair of beautiful women joined Nostra on the leather sofa.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 14:57:58 by Dragon Cat »

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1130 on: 12 February 2019, 08:08:00 »
Excellent stuff and those darn stubborn Taurians!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #1131 on: 12 February 2019, 08:09:42 »
Given their history, the SLDF should be happy that the Taurians didn't nuke them out of the sky.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1132 on: 12 February 2019, 16:26:32 »
I can picture the Marshall saying "We Taurians like digging their own graves, thankyouverymuch, Starleague dog!"

Good entry!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1133 on: 12 February 2019, 19:39:32 »
nice update

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1134 on: 13 February 2019, 04:05:26 »
Thanks I wanted to show the Taurians backs are against wall they are playing with fire because from their perspective it's the only thing that have to even the fight but they don't see it's alienating them from their allies and engaging the Clanners

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1135 on: 13 February 2019, 14:24:23 »
Thanks I wanted to show the Taurians backs are against wall they are playing with fire because from their perspective it's the only thing that have to even the fight but they don't see it's alienating them from their allies and engaging the Clanners
And the SLDF just showed the whole sphere, that when they commit to something, that well, they aren't coming to really play.

SLDF troops died via the Orbital Bombardment rules that Pirate Nova Smoked Kitty decided are now accceptable rules of war, even before TC brought out the Nukes.  Yet they don't want to help the TC in their defense, unless they give up the only weapon they have to equalizer the battlefield.  They are as bad as the Clans about fighting with "honor".  I'm sorry but Victor if he is seriously would take this war to the Pirate Nova Smoked Kitty home or help provide the TC with assets that can, and tell the rest of the clans to stuff it.

That also being said, not sure also if given the current sitrep in the TC either Protector is now in way over his head or the Marshalls have effectively seized control of the government in a nonviolent coup.
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 14:36:10 by DOC_Agren »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1136 on: 13 February 2019, 14:51:39 »
And the SLDF just showed the whole sphere, that when they commit to something, that well, they aren't coming to really play.

SLDF troops died via the Orbital Bombardment rules that Pirate Nova Smoked Kitty decided are now accceptable rules of war, even before TC brought out the Nukes.  Yet they don't want to help the TC in their defense, unless they give up the only weapon they have to equalizer the battlefield.  They are as bad as the Clans about fighting with "honor".  I'm sorry but Victor if he is seriously would take this war to the Pirate Nova Smoked Kitty home or help provide the TC with assets that can, and tell the rest of the clans to stuff it.

That also being said, not sure also if given the current sitrep in the TC either Protector is now in way over his head or the Marshalls have effectively seized control of the government in a nonviolent coup.

Not until you agree to stop using nuclear weapons in fire support in ground force operations.”

The SLDF don't want to be caught in another nuke storm like Belle Isle they're not saying don't use them - also this is coming from a Colonel who was assigned to coordinate defence from a unit that got caught by a nuke his friends were likely in it I wasn't entirely clear there (my fault ill fix) the SLDF proper response and the Protectors position will be clarified soon

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #1137 on: 15 February 2019, 17:38:16 »
Not only that, but Victor can and should point out to the rest of the Pirate Scumclanners that the Smoked Nova Kitties directly targeted SLDF troops 9th July 3111, Davetal II, Star League Protectorate.  So they wanted to fight with the SLDF. 

This isn't us going and looking for a fight they brought it to us, so if you back that declaration the Loremaster made, then you to all want this war. 

"Loremaster of the Clan Council Brennley Roshak announces the United Clan Council’s full support for Clan Nova Cat and that any combined assault will face the combined might of all the Clans."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1138 on: 11 April 2019, 03:24:30 »
Next bit - still haven't abandoned this - sorry it's been a while since I updated

Territorial Gains
District of Dieron
10th November 3112

As the Lyran Commonwealth announces its intent to forge peaceful relations with the District of Dieron and improve trade with the breakaway Draconis Combine district Clan Sea Fox makes its intent known to Dieron that they are taking possession of the Deneb Algedi and the Nashira systems from the District as part of the trade deal the two powers had agreed to.

Clan Sea Fox also quietly take control over the Inglesmond system which had mostly been abandoned since the First Succession War.  The Sea Foxes rapidly discover that the world’s population have been reduced to a hunter gatherer lifestyle and are uninterested in the Clansmen who land on the planet.  The Foxes quickly bring in terraforming equipment intent on reversing some of the damage that had been done to the world making it useful for their own needs.

They keep from the District of Dieron that they have taken Inglesmond believing that since the District hadn’t paid much attention to the “Dead World” that they wouldn’t care for the Sea Fox presence there.  This territorial gain by the Foxes gives them a significant presence on the border of the Star League Protectorate and near Dieron.

Territorial Gains
Taurian Concordat, Periphery
19th November 3112

Clan Nova Cat invade the systems of Gant and Celano finding them virtually undefended and the industry on the world sabotaged so it could not operate.  Expeditions from the Nova Cats find that the worlds of Acidalla, Talltsa, Cadiz and Micros III have also been abandoned by the Taurians with any major industry removed from the worlds.  As the worlds have no strategic or resource value for the Nova Cats, they bypass the worlds leaving them to their own devices.  Because of the proximity to Clan Nova Cats space neither the Fronc Reaches nor the Gaenir Collective are ready to welcome the new worlds for fear of antagonising the Clan.

Caerphilly (Monolith-class JumpShip)
Zenith Point, Terra system
Star League Protectorate
21st November 3112

On the JumpShip Caerphilly Commanding-General Victor Focht looked at the screen in front of him at the image of Exarch Victor Steiner-Davion.  “You’re sure this will work?”  Focht asked the Exarch with a smirk.

“So far they’ve worked out” the Exarch said “between here and Denbar in a blink of an eye in every test all successful.”

“New Vandenberg is a fair distance further away, sire” he said showing respect to the older man.  “And in each test the JumpShip was destroyed.”

“Only the K-F Drive the main drive thrust survives and the carried ships were still operational.”  Victor Steiner-Davion reminded him.

“I remember reading the report.”  Focht replied “you think one ship will make a difference.”

“The cargo could” the Exarch said “the Taurians backs are against the wall this will hopefully bolster their numbers until we can bring more units into the fold.”

“I’ll do what I can.”

“Good luck, Victor”

“Thank you, sir” Focht said saluting which the Exarch returned before cutting the link.

---

Soon after the communication link between Focht and the Exarch had been cut the Monolith reeled its jump sail in and launched itself across the Inner Sphere.  In a flash of light, the JumpShip disappeared from the Terran system and after several minutes the ship arrived in the New Vandenberg system.  “That was horrible” Focht commented feeling like the deck was spinning under him.

“We are in the New Vandenberg system” the ship’s navigator said to the Captain “jump-drive destroyed as expected.” She said the Captain turned towards.

“Commanding-General, you’ve destroyed my ship but you’re here.”  He said “we’ll get the DropShips offloaded as soon as possible.”

“Clear out all of our equipment including the crew’s personal belongings onto the DropShips.”  Victor ordered glancing around “if the Taurians want this wreck its their choice, we’ll get your crew another ship.”  He said what followed was an orderly evacuation of the JumpShip onto its attached DropShips.  Once evacuated the DropShips headed in system towards New Vandenberg and Victor Fochts negotiations with the Taurian Concordat leadership.

Clan Raid
Nueva Castile, Periphery
27th November 3112

As the fighting continues in the Clan Homeworlds between the Clans of Clan Blood Spirit and Clan Goliath Scorpion and the Society Clan Goliath Scorpion attempts to show its capabilities by attacking the remains of the Nueva Castile.  Among the Goliath Scorpion forces is the first Sun Cobra OmniMech to come off their new production line on the world of Haven.  Piloting the OmniMech is Star Colonel Susan Elam a ristar within the rebuilding Clan.

Landing on the world Asturais they engage local forces only to be interrupted mid-fight by an approaching Summoner OmniMech which was accompanied by a group of Elementals and two military vehicles all wearing the insignia of Clan Goliath Scorpion’s Crimson Seeker Star.  “I am Star Colonel Susan Elam of Clan Goliath Scorpion, you will identify yourself” Susan Elam demanded turning towards the incoming military forces.

“I am Star Captain Fiona Hernandez commander of the Crimson Seeker Star of Clan Goliath Scorpion.”  She said as the local forces retreated Elam noticed that they were accompanied by further conventional infantry and more vehicles.  “We wish to return to our Clan.”

“You will have to prove you are who you say you are…”

“Our Codexes are complete” Hernandez claimed “as are those who have joined us over the course of our time here, we are ready for your challenges.”

Border fighting
Las Halles, District of Oriente
Free Worlds League
30th November 3112

With their extended time on Las Halles the First Kathil Uhlans had made links to the Eagle’s Talons and Sixth Oriente Militia who were also based on the world guarding against trouble they may cause.  This leads all three units to unit and combine tactics against Capellan Confederation aggression when it comes to the system all three take damage in the fighting but it is the Capellans who retreat.  Marshal Richard Steiner is able to keep his unit separate from the two Free Worlds League units through the respect that his unit have earned in combat.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #1139 on: 11 April 2019, 04:09:26 »
Dc has been resurrected. :rockon:
The Taurian scorched earth policy is going to wreck their economy.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.