Author Topic: Star Trek Discovery  (Read 165249 times)

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
Re: Star Trek Discovery
« Reply #1260 on: 20 April 2019, 13:50:39 »
My television access consists solely of YouTube and dvds. No pay streaming access of any kind whatsoever. Heck, not even broadcast.

That. THAT is a D7. Between that and their excellent Enterprise, the early stuff angers me even more, that they inflicted them upon us when beauties like these were clearly within their reach.

Does season 2 make sense if you don't watch season 1?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHT6UKJDnUU  more footage shots of the new D7.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1261 on: 20 April 2019, 19:00:07 »
I thought that last part with the interviews from the Guest Crew was great. Seeing StarFleet HQ, and spacedock.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #1262 on: 21 April 2019, 10:07:34 »
Great season ender.

I really hope they make a couple seasons of "Pike's Enterprise", would be a great show. :)

gyedid

• Captain
  • Always brighter on the other side of the mirror.
« Reply #1263 on: 21 April 2019, 10:22:06 »
Great season ender.

I really hope they make a couple seasons of "Pike's Enterprise", would be a great show. :)

It just occurred to me...
Since they appear to have " neutralized " Control, why do they still have to take Discovery into the future?  The thing they're trying to hide from is no more...unless, as Control/Leland said, "this doesn't end here.". Yes, I know there are multiple OOC reasons why this has to happen, but the major IC reason has seemingly been removed.

Cheers, Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1264 on: 21 April 2019, 10:45:37 »

Anson Mount is apparently not opposed to the idea, but doesn't seem to like the prospect of more filming in Toronto.  I say they have to do it just to make it worth having built that Enterprise bridge set.

I really hope the actor and producers are just being coy...Cornwell's line " Your story doesn't end here.  I think you know that." would be a really big dropped hint...

Cheers, Gabe
So, now I'm imagining people boxing up Overlords for loading as cargo.  "Nope, totally not a DropShip.  Everyone knows you can't fit a DropShip in a WarShip!  It's...a ten thousand ton box of marshmallows!  Yeah.  For the Heavy Guards big annual smores party."
--Arkansas Warrior, on the possibility of carrying Dropships as cargo in Warship cargo bays.

TERRAN SUPREMACY DEFENSE FORCE.  For when you want to send the SLDF, but couldn't afford the whole kit and kaboodle.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #1265 on: 21 April 2019, 23:36:43 »
Anson Mount is apparently not opposed to the idea, but doesn't seem to like the prospect of more filming in Toronto.  I say they have to do it just to make it worth having built that Enterprise bridge set.

I really hope the actor and producers are just being coy...Cornwell's line " Your story doesn't end here.  I think you know that." would be a really big dropped hint...

Cheers, Gabe
It's not the location that botherered AM, its the people. Certain people currently involved in production of season two, need NOT be involved in any Pike series...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1266 on: 22 April 2019, 03:29:41 »

Cheers, Gabe

That was a sad sacrifice, I really really enjoyed the ending of the series it was great seeing how everything they'd done led to it
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #1267 on: 22 April 2019, 05:55:11 »
The series is thankfully not ending, they are working on season 3 - this time charting totally unknown territory - the future :)

Meanwhile the Picard series is about to start shooting, and they are going to start the Section 31 series after season 3 of Discovery.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1268 on: 22 April 2019, 06:50:27 »
The series is thankfully not ending, they are working on season 3 - this time charting totally unknown territory - the future :)
Series 3 from the sound of it and the teaser sounds like Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda .  Ship of a lost nation of united planets in the future, one man (this isn't a man of the past) aboard alone.

It would seem fit bill given that i think original premise was what Gene had proposed (though not space going one.)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1269 on: 22 April 2019, 07:06:13 »
I wasn't really sold that much on Discovery, Season 1 was...uuugh. But Season 2 was pretty enjoyable, they did good work with fixing the Klingons away from Season 1's visual and design mess, the characters were far more interesting and they toned back Burnham's sueness for the most part.

And this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7jQn1H5Qo

damn good!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1270 on: 22 April 2019, 07:52:35 »
Where has the Cleave ship been seen before?

Cheers, Gabe

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1271 on: 22 April 2019, 08:40:37 »
Where has the Cleave ship been seen before?

Cheers, Gabe

Episode I (or was it 2? basically the pilot), season 1, at the Battle of the Binary Star, its cloaked and rams the USS Europa.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1272 on: 22 April 2019, 10:17:26 »
I love the battle. It was great with good effects. The only thing I didn't like is where did the Disco and Enterprise get the industrial capability in maybe a day while on the run to produce all those fighters and drones?? The Discovery was a "upgraded science ship" when did it turn into a warship??

It was also nice seeing R2D2 brought to you by Star Trek Discovery.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2019, 10:20:38 by I am Belch II »

Corky

• Private
« Reply #1273 on: 22 April 2019, 10:20:27 »
I love the battle. It was great with good effects. The only thing I didn't like is where did the Disco and Enterprise get the industrial capability in maybe a day while on the run to produce all those fighters and drones?? The Discovery was a "upgraded science ship" when did it turn into a warship??

Since the federation started to get their ass kicked by the klingons

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #1274 on: 22 April 2019, 10:31:17 »
Series 3 from the sound of it and the teaser

What teaser?  Apart from confirming that S3 will take place in the future, I’m not aware of anything that’s been released about S3 yet. Heck, they don’t even start filming for another few months.

It's not the location that botherered AM, its the people. Certain people currently involved in production of season two, need NOT be involved in any Pike series...

Source?

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1275 on: 22 April 2019, 10:36:15 »

It was also nice seeing R2D2 brought to you by Star Trek Discovery.

That's not R2, that's EVE from WALL-E!  ;D

Cheers, Gabe

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1276 on: 22 April 2019, 12:26:40 »
Source?
He maybe referring to one of the Short Treks: Calypso.  Which seems to be almost what they've been describing Season 3 was to be like. This is the Trailer on Youtube
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #1277 on: 22 April 2019, 13:15:03 »
That's not R2, that's EVE from WALL-E!  ;D

Cheers, Gabe

R2's illegitimate offspring via an imperial probe droid?  Now try scrubbing *that* image from your brain.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1278 on: 22 April 2019, 15:22:08 »
R2's illegitimate offspring via an imperial probe droid?  Now try scrubbing *that* image from your brain.

With the Blue and White color, round head, and big sensor piece on  its head its as close as you can get with out a lawsuit of R2D2.

Im suprised they were not getting shot off the Enterprise like in the Phantom Menace

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #1279 on: 22 April 2019, 15:57:39 »
He maybe referring to one of the Short Treks: Calypso.  Which seems to be almost what they've been describing Season 3 was to be like. This is the Trailer on Youtube

I thought you were referring to that when you referenced some kind of teaser for S3.

ThePW, to whom I directed the “Source?” comment, was talking about Anson Mount supposedly not getting along with someone(s) on the production side of the=ings and so not being willing to work on a Pike series.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1280 on: 22 April 2019, 16:55:24 »
I thought you were referring to that when you referenced some kind of teaser for S3.

ThePW, to whom I directed the “Source?” comment, was talking about Anson Mount supposedly not getting along with someone(s) on the production side of the=ings and so not being willing to work on a Pike series.

Apparently there was an altercation on-set between Anson Mount and a senior crew member close to the end of filming, which was resolved immediately thereafter but this has been blown out of proportion by certain internet people
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1281 on: 22 April 2019, 20:12:11 »
I wasn't really sold that much on Discovery, Season 1 was...uuugh. But Season 2 was pretty enjoyable, they did good work with fixing the Klingons away from Season 1's visual and design mess, the characters were far more interesting and they toned back Burnham's sueness for the most part.

And this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ7jQn1H5Qo

damn good!
Oh wow I didn't know that ramming klingon ship was HUUUUUGE. Also.... why did they all just sat there and duke out with each other like old timey boxers????
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1282 on: 22 April 2019, 23:27:46 »
With the Blue and White color, round head, and big sensor piece on  its head its as close as you can get with out a lawsuit of R2D2.

Im suprised they were not getting shot off the Enterprise like in the Phantom Menace

I'm surprised the Enterprise of the 2250's even has a small force of repair droids that can begin to effect repairs during a battle!  Where was that in TOS, eh?!?!?  THIS VIOLATES CANON AS BADLY AS DISCO'S SPORE DRIVE!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D

cheers,

Gabe

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1283 on: 23 April 2019, 00:59:56 »
They didn't have it during TOS because the Enterprise's computer at the time had gotten a firmware update that rendered the repair droids incompatible.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #1284 on: 23 April 2019, 02:01:49 »
Apparently there was an altercation on-set between Anson Mount and a senior crew member close to the end of filming, which was resolved immediately thereafter but this has been blown out of proportion by certain internet people

Oh right, that. People are seriously trying to turn that nothing into something? I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1285 on: 23 April 2019, 03:02:52 »
Oh right, that. People are seriously trying to turn that nothing into something? I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.

When your social capital and regular income depends on fanning the fires of nerd rage, every molehill must be made to resemble a space elevator.

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1286 on: 23 April 2019, 03:12:53 »

Actually, it's NOT totally unknown.  There have been visitors from the future from the 29th Century (in TNG and VOY) and up to the 31st Century (Daniels from ENT).  We know there's time travel by the 29th, and even proto-TARDISes by the 31st.  (Hopefully the writers won't forget about that.)  But Discovery is now 200 years beyond even that, and in a region of the galaxy that hasn't gotten much (any?) previous attention--the Beta Quadrant.

cheers,

Gabe

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1287 on: 23 April 2019, 03:15:35 »
When your social capital and regular income depends on fanning the fires of nerd rage, every molehill must be made to resemble a space elevator.

Can I sig that, PLEASE?!?!?!?

cheers,

Gabe

gyedid

• Captain
« Reply #1288 on: 23 April 2019, 05:09:43 »
I wonder if they're going to go with Pike series.  It sounded like they were leery of doing anything change canon, even though it really doesn't matter anymore. It's own universe now.

Discovery in the future...sounds like is going be like Andromeda or something right?

My guess is part Andromeda, part ST:VOY.

cheers,

Gabe

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1289 on: 23 April 2019, 05:15:29 »
So, in Calypso, Craft had been fighting a way against a polity called the V'Draysh, who were obsessed with cultural artifacts from "The Long Ago", and Michael Chabon stated on social media that they're 33rd Century's descendents of the Federation, so there's something to speculate on for series 3 there.