Author Topic: Fist and Falcon Miniatures Questions  (Read 6379 times)

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
Fist and Falcon Miniatures Questions
« on: 15 April 2011, 18:27:46 »
I'm not in a big hurry to do a bunch of Battleforce scale figures, but I would like to do up the units in the new Fist and Falcon book.  The problem is four of the 'Mechs used in there are archived right now - buying 20+ 'Mechs at once is expensive, but tossing a $32 archive fee on top of that really hurts.

If enough of us are interested, I wonder if we can get them to waive the archive fee for a month like they are currently doing with the poll winners.

The four 'Mechs are:
- Blitzkrieg
- Nexus
- Starslayer
- Mongrel/Grendel

Daishi411

• Captain
Re: Fist and Falcon Miniatures Questions
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2011, 19:39:27 »
just a quick note, the nexus mini in fist and falcon is the 'unseen' version i think, and so a mini may not exist for that particular mech to begin with
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2011, 20:23:47 »
The Unseen Nexus exists.  Whether IWM has the mold is a different question.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2011, 20:25:37 »
i think it's out if production, i can only find the nexus 'II' on iwm
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2011, 04:07:39 »
Of course it depends which way you go, despite having the original/unseen Nexus mini in the photos, the book refers and includes the record sheet for the reseen Nexus II. Things are worse given the Nexus II record sheet included blacks out the reseen image from TRO3055U....

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2011, 09:22:54 »
I'm not in a big hurry to do a bunch of Battleforce scale figures, but I would like to do up the units in the new Fist and Falcon book.  The problem is four of the 'Mechs used in there are archived right now - buying 20+ 'Mechs at once is expensive, but tossing a $32 archive fee on top of that really hurts.

If enough of us are interested, I wonder if we can get them to waive the archive fee for a month like they are currently doing with the poll winners.

The four 'Mechs are:
- Blitzkrieg
- Nexus
- Starslayer
- Mongrel/Grendel

I am checking to see if it is okay to do so similar to the Poll Winners. I will let you know what is decided.

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2011, 19:27:12 »
I am checking to see if it is okay to do so similar to the Poll Winners. I will let you know what is decided.

You are the man!

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2011, 22:59:30 »
Forgive me if this has been asked...

...why do the minis painted up, specifically for the Jade Falcons, look so 'different'?  Are these sampled from the Clan Box Set?

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2011, 23:09:47 »
Forgive me if this has been asked...

...why do the minis painted up, specifically for the Jade Falcons, look so 'different'?  Are these sampled from the Clan Box Set?

they're battleforce scale so they are smaller.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #9 on: 19 April 2011, 01:58:10 »
Just one comment here.

I have to say that having painted a lot of these little ones now, I am really impressed by the quality of the castings in general, several of them having a level of detail approaching that of their larger cousins. I think once these are out people will be pleased with them. 
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2011, 13:40:01 »
Just one comment here.

I have to say that having painted a lot of these little ones now, I am really impressed by the quality of the castings in general, several of them having a level of detail approaching that of their larger cousins. I think once these are out people will be pleased with them.

There is no doubt that they look good.  I just can't bring myself to start collecting BattleTech miniatures in another scale.  One scale is enough for me.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2011, 13:58:33 »
funny thing Is I plan on getting multiples of both sets and doing some horse trading, like scrapping extra Kodiaks and Star Slayers for more Legionaires, Mad Cats and Battlemasters just so I build a nice collection (unless IWM wants to seel them individually too)
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

wackrabbit

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • Who wants some, Doc?
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2011, 14:28:35 »
These make excellent markers for BattleForce or for Inner Sphere In Flames, as regiment/cluster icons.
If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #13 on: 19 April 2011, 14:59:38 »
they're battleforce scale so they are smaller.

I'll be darned.  I had no idea.  I'd never heard of these.

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: 19 April 2011, 20:27:12 »
You are the man!

I just heard back from Mike about the mechs, tomorrow evening I will be moving them from Archive to Archive Special Return for a undetermined period of time. I will make the announcement tomorrow evening when I am done.

Charbok

• Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2011, 22:27:50 »
Great job, guys.  Thanks for doing this.  I might not get these, but this makes it a much harder call than it would've been, and it certainly shows that you respond to the requests of the community.  [notworthy]

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2011, 23:49:31 »
I just heard back from Mike about the mechs, tomorrow evening I will be moving them from Archive to Archive Special Return for a undetermined period of time. I will make the announcement tomorrow evening when I am done.

Thanks a ton!
I'll certainly be picking up all four of them, along with quite a few others.
That is an amazing level of support for us.

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #17 on: 20 April 2011, 03:51:13 »
[applause] [applause] [applause] [applause] [applause]
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 20 April 2011, 05:57:11 »
That is sweet! I plan to make an order then!
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: 20 April 2011, 21:51:44 »
Those four mini are up in the Archive Special Return category for purchase without the Archive Fee.

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 21 April 2011, 17:20:02 »
Those four mini are up in the Archive Special Return category for purchase without the Archive Fee.

This is awesome.  I'll be making a big order tomorrow!