Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Primitive Rifleman RFL-1N XTRO Primitives IV FUNDED!  (Read 65551 times)

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
A few people have expressed their preference in the question thread for funding "new" minis (ie minis for mechs/vehicles which currently do not have a mini) not just another "reimage" of an unseen that we already have reseen versions of. I respect people's right to have this point of view.

I have contributed a small amount but I was reluctant to do so as first because I have not seen the art for the primitive Rifleman yet (XTRO Primitives IV is on my long wishlist). However my desire to help IWM (who have been good to me) and dislike of the reseen Rifleman overcame my fear of the unknown.

Here you go :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
I was quite surprised, too.  I would have expected a lot more excitment for the Primitive Rifleman than for some APCs, but obviously I was wrong.   ???

"Old School" trumps anything new in BattleTech I think...  :D

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
"Old School" trumps anything new in BattleTech I think...  :D

Primitives are in a weird spot though where some are using/preferring them as a analogs for Unseen. Perhaps the APC fans were just more rabid.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Primitives are in a weird spot though where some are using/preferring them as a analogs for Unseen. Perhaps the APC fans were just more rabid.

Yup. That's my plan. I have a 3025 Merc company that'll use primitives to replace their old Unseen analog.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Here you go :)

Thanks mate, you are a gentleman and a scholar  O0

Looks good. Very happy I have the privilege of being involved in turning it from 2D art into a 3D miniature pewter armament and I will purchase a couple to sit along side my one unseen Rifleman mini and be used as proxies for the unseen Rifleman.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Can anyone explain that phenomenon?
I guess that's what happens when people who do not intend to pledge/buy are allowed to vote for what gets done.

Bartholomew bartholomew

• Sergeant
I intend to do both, Was gonna chip in on the APC's but it was finished before I even knew it was started. But the next one I will chip in on if I think it is the one I think it is gonna be.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
I can't stand to see this project suffer.
Put me down for the last $75 needed to get it done.

Beachhead, are you organizing?

After this pledge we reached the $800, so it is Funded..

Put me down for $75

Minnow will be back up if everyone else can not contribute what they pledge in there posts.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Wait, do we whittle that down now? Does the last guy not get in, or do we keep it as extra to the sculpt, or what?

Follow-up question; that's Funded, then right? Now I PM everyone, conf and distribute paypal info for funding collection and forwarding to B-3, correct? or wait out?

I already posted in a thread above this that the last guy will be on deck if someone can not contribute that they posted. We can only collect the $800 for the sculpt. So next step PM all the people who pledged except the last guy (I sent a email to him about sculpt being Funded by the pledge before his), Collect money in paypal and then forward onto B-3. Also collect names, amount contributed and emails, I will need that information for emailing the Vouchers.

klarg1

• Captain
I was quite surprised, too.  I would have expected a lot more excitment for the Primitive Rifleman than for some APCs, but obviously I was wrong.   ???

For my own part, I wanted both sculpts (These were two of my three votes!), but I nominated the APC's, and have been wanting them for much longer than the primitive Rifleman has been in-print, so I threw my money over there.

I don't know how other people felt, but, at the time, I thought it would be more productive to concentrate my budget on one project to get it done, rather than split it. I don't know that that's "right".

In either case, there are actually more funders for the rifleman than the APCs (67% the pledgers for 125% the money). The vehicles got a small number of large pledges up front, which brought them close to funding in a real hurry. That probably bodes well for sales volume on the rifleman, assuming each pledger represents a sampling of market interest.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2015, 22:04:10 by klarg1 »

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
I voted for the Primitive Griffin and Rifleman, and intend to help fund them both (I've already pledged for the Rifleman).  While I didn't vote for the others, and don't intend to help fund them, I'm sure I'll buy some of them when they're released, namely the APCs.  Basically, once they're up for sale I'll be "Voting" for them with my wallet.   O0

While there's the Argument that the Primitives can be seen as Resculpts, they're actually significantly Different enough from the originals that I Personally don't see them as Resculpts.  I DON'T feel that way about the Flashman or Highlander though, or any other "Resculpt" that was on the Voting Poll.  I'll have to wait and see what any "new" mini of them looks like before I decide to buy yet another copy of it.  I haven't seen the art for the Black Knight "Red Reaper" either, so I've no idea how "Different" it might/might not be from the original.   :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

klarg1

• Captain
  I haven't seen the art for the Black Knight "Red Reaper" either, so I've no idea how "Different" it might/might not be from the original.   :-\

I think it's lurking in DarkISI's signature.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
Black Knight Red Reaper artwork:
http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/5783/black-knight-bl-x-knt-red-reaper

XTRO: Most Wanted is actually well worth the buy, not just to support this beautiful piece of artwork. You get a lot of great fluff and story/scenarios/campaign ideas out of it, too. :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

GRUD

• Captain
Thanks for the picture!   O0

So it's a Black Knight with a sword and shield then.  Couldn't you just use an AD&D Paladin figure as a proxy?   :D

Seriously though, while the head seems to be a little shorter than the usual BK, I can definitely see this is VASTLY different from the regular model.  A mini of this would certainly NOT be a "Resculpt"!  While I Probably won't pitch in towards getting it made, I'm sure I'll buy a couple minis when they're released at least.  O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

mike19k

• Lieutenant
I see the primitives are different than the originals but as you can use the originals as the primitives and the primitives as originals I see them as kind of a resculpt, as there are lots of things that do not yet have any sculpt I do not plan to put money towards resculpts tell they are done.

GRUD

• Captain
I see the primitives are different than the originals but as you can use the originals as the primitives and the primitives as originals I see them as kind of a resculpt, as there are lots of things that do not yet have any sculpt I do not plan to put money towards resculpts tell they are done.
I see your point, and I've got enough Unseen minis myself that I don't "Need" the Primitives.  However, I DO like the looks of them enough to buy them, AND there are MANY people out there that either don't have ANY Unseen, or that don't have enough of them to suit them.  One of the Complaints about the Unseen/Originals after all is that they're just NOT available anymore.  The "Secondary Market" for them is being polluted with fakes, so that makes buying them chancy also.   :-\  Even the Reputable sources for them generally only have 1 or 2 for sale at a time, then it's weeks or months before they have any more, if ever.

But like you, I'll not be funding Resculpts, Clan or WoB stuff.  I'll fund what I like, and nothing else.  ;)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Let's get back on topic for this thread. Do we have a lead contact for this funded Primitive Rifleman.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Hey guys, yeah it's me. Going to take a stab at this.

So here are are funders;...fundites? Fundians?

TS_Hawk 25
Me 25
Maingunnery 50
God and Davion 100
The Wayfarer 50
heavy guard 75
GRUD 100
Saint 25
Azakael 30
mdauben 25
abou 100
Feenix74
D.Jensen 50
jbressel 25
Sartris 25
klarg1 75

Minnow 75, first alternate
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
Hey guys, yeah it's me. Going to take a stab at this.

So here are are funders;...fundites? Fundians?

People funding this?

Dunno.
Either way, just PM me with the information to PayPal you, and I shall do so when I get home from work.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
Okay, the first of the Pms are in the pipe. I will send the rest shortly.

Those of you in on the APC funding may notice a *slight* similarity with the PM from Cache.

Sorry Cache, buddy; I steal only from the best.

Minnow; my plan at this time is only to contact you if someone defaults.

So let's cross our fingers and hope I did this right.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Fundicators?
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Sorry Cache, buddy; I steal only from the best.
Don't worry, speck asked me to write up a guide for lead contacts.  It'll be pretty similar.

Also, I went with financiers.  But I'm not always the most creative.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
PayPal is delivering the money via the interweb thingy.

Noting the fact that the primitive Rifleman is a bit lighter in tonnage, may I suggest that the primitive Rifleman be close in size to the unseen Rifleman mini instead of the reseen Rifleman?
« Last Edit: 12 February 2015, 05:20:52 by Feenix74 »
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

klarg1

• Captain

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
*updated added TS _Hawk

Sitrep; 780 at this time.

TS_Hawk 25 * paid
Myself 25 * paid
Maingunnery 50 * paid
God and Davion 100 * paid
The Wayfarer 50 * paid
heavy guard 75 * paid
GRUD 100 * paid
Saint 25 * paid
Azakael 30 * paid
mdauben 25 * paid
abou 100 * paid
Feenix74 25 * paid
D.Jensen 50 * paid
jbressel 25 * waiting to hear from
Sartris 25 * paid
klarg1 75 * paid

Minnow 75, first alternate

How did we get to 805? Who did I add up with the wrong amount?
« Last Edit: 13 February 2015, 11:55:50 by beachhead1985 »

A.E. Housman

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
Maths look right to me.

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
Paid in full. New daddy duties have kept me busy. :)

Cheers,
DJ

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Paid in full. New daddy duties have kept me busy. :)

Cheers,
DJ
Then the current level should be 730, we are now in the last sprint.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
So, with the APC funded and this one almost paid for, when can we expect to see the funding threads for the next two.

Disappointed the Highlander resculpt is getting done. It doesn't look that much different from the original. I'd rather raise additional funds for updated artwork in the newer style and a new sculpt based on that.

Oh well, as my mother always said, "if wishes were horses, then beggars would ide."

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
So, with the APC funded and this one almost paid for, when can we expect to see the funding threads for the next two.

Disappointed the Highlander resculpt is getting done. It doesn't look that much different from the original. I'd rather raise additional funds for updated artwork in the newer style and a new sculpt based on that.

Oh well, as my mother always said, "if wishes were horses, then beggars would ide."

Still better than my version; "if wishes were fishes; we'd all eat ground beef."

A.E. Housman

Register