Author Topic: Where to buy Tactical Operations PDF?  (Read 2538 times)

mjog

• Recruit
  • He/him or they.
    • home
Where to buy Tactical Operations PDF?
« on: 20 April 2020, 23:08:09 »
Hi, I'd like to buy a copy of the Tactical Operations PDF, but it's not listed in the Catalyst store. Am I looking in the wrong place?
— @mjog. Wildly disjunctive.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Where to buy Tactical Operations PDF?
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2020, 00:15:22 »
the omission is intentional. it was decided that the release of the next printing would be split into two volumes rather than one. the rationale stated was that the size of the book was no longer practical in today's market (the exact reasons why this was so were not revealed). when tactical operations does return to the digital store, it will do so in the two volume format. there is no announced date that this will be occurring.

it appears the book has also been pulled from drivethrurpg as well (though apparently you can still get the german edition of the original format there if you're particularly desperate).

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2020, 18:12:11 »
Wha-huh? ... guess I nabbed it just in time (December-ish).

Will still pay up for a split version though.  (hoping they decide to make iOS missiles of .5 or less into bomb pods, got shot down my hammer in TO forum. -- not holding my breath though)
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2020, 19:55:11 »
Both volumes were addon options for the KS so I imagine they were fairly close to ready. No word when the new version will appear

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

mjog

• Recruit
  • He/him or they.
    • home
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2020, 02:41:09 »
Well that's an odd business decision. I'd be willing to put money down for it now, don't know why they don't want it.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2020, 08:33:47 »
possibly enough changes and updates they want to cut through confusion and arguing about what the rules are ... or are going to be.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2020, 08:38:16 »
It would have been better if they'd left it up for sale with a banner warning it was about to be superseded.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2020, 12:38:15 »
It would have been better if they'd left it up for sale with a banner warning it was about to be superseded.

+1

pixelgeek

• Master Sergeant
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2020, 13:14:13 »

Having worked in retail I can assure you that about 90% of the people in the world don't read signs or warnings. Better to not make it available and avoid any problems entirely

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2020, 14:29:20 »
Having worked in retail I can assure you that about 90% of the people in the world don't read signs or warnings. Better to not make it available and avoid any problems entirely

pixelgeek is denying us our pitchfork and torches moment! ... j/k.  They could automatically update it with the new ones.  Although if they don't have pricing down, I'm not sure how much more of a headache this would turn out to be.

jackpot4

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2020, 01:18:17 »
Thats crazy.  The book is fantastic.  One source for all the info?  Count me in.  So glad I picked one up. 
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Be the Light in the darkness.

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2020, 12:29:40 »
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2020, 14:53:24 »
Thats crazy.  The book is fantastic.  One source for all the info?  Count me in.  So glad I picked one up.

A lot of products (in fact, just happened with Shrapnel) get feedback of- 'Its filled with X?  X is so stupid, while I want Y its not really worth it to me to buy it with all that X.'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 02 June 2020, 16:33:40 »
A lot of products (in fact, just happened with Shrapnel) get feedback of- 'Its filled with X?  X is so stupid, while I want Y its not really worth it to me to buy it with all that X.'

This was almost me with stratops. There's 20-25 pages I care about and a pile of battlespace junk.

Orbital drops and repair/refit was worth it for me at the time, but wouldn't be now.

mjog

• Recruit
  • He/him or they.
    • home