Author Topic: The S'adder Ch'adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 13530 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
The S'adder Ch'adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« on: 26 January 2011, 12:44:33 »
Hey, it's what you get for Absorbing my kind.  ;)
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Daishi411

• Captain
Re: The S'adder Ch'adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 12:51:48 »
ohhh! the adders are going to hate you!  [rockon]
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 12:55:52 »
ohhh! the adders are going to hate you!  [rockon]

They accepted Clan Burrock into their touman so they have to deal with it.  :D ;)

Easy way to put it:  "I'm" one of them rather they like it or not.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 12:57:08 »
now this is star adder thread I can get into ;D

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 13:01:37 »
Ahhh Clan Burrock. There's a name you can say while vomiting.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 13:04:55 »
what i enjoy most about this thread already, is the sick irony that an adder thread is started by one of their less savory burrock compatriots

i sense a conspiracy!
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 13:14:40 »
i just wanted to poke my head in, and note that I keep misreading the title as having something to do with "cheddar"
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Joshua D

• Corporal
  • A Ranger must be free.
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2011, 16:18:07 »
i sense a conspiracy!

Bah, you're crazy as a mad h'adder....

I know, I know, terrible..

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2011, 16:42:11 »
Once again, Captain Obvious here...I notice everyone BUT the Adders are posting on this thread.  Maybe they are gone for good?   }:)

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2011, 16:51:53 »
Ahhh Clan Burrock. There's a name you can say while vomiting.

;D

Once again, Captain Obvious here...I notice everyone BUT the Adders are posting on this thread.  Maybe they are gone for good?   }:)

It's taking them some time to find the new boards  ;)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2011, 17:45:05 »

I am offended.  I am part of Clan Star Adder, after all!  :D ;D

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2011, 18:11:38 »
The Star Adder will never go under! And you there, Surat who butchers our language, we will see each other in a Circle of Equals at 1100!!!

Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2011, 18:11:47 »

By choice?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2011, 18:17:52 »
Once again, Captain Obvious here...I notice everyone BUT the Adders are posting on this thread.  }:)

'Cause it's pretty BS their faction thread is named after that moronic stint in the Spirit thread where they just rhymed the word adder for 12 pages, and they're already getting poked by the haters?

I'm sure someone will get around to creating a real faction thread.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2011, 19:59:32 »
H'adder's gonna hate.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2011, 20:39:53 by Trajan Helmer »
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2011, 20:07:51 »
Hadder's gonna hate.

ha, this is the best one i've heard yet!
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2011, 13:55:13 »
 By choice?

By the rules given by the founder !  [notworthy]

I'm amused - so ironic that nearly no clansmen here understood that there are no more Burrocks, but only Star Adders around now. The former Burrocks are absorbed and by this are fullworthy Star Adders. I have no problem with them.

But they should really work on their language. ;)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2011, 15:26:13 »
It comes with all of our Dark Caste squabbling.  People seem to forget that the Adders would be nothing without Clan Burrock's spineless cooperation.  ;D

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2011, 16:01:06 »
So come to York and fight some worthless Spirits.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #19 on: 27 January 2011, 16:06:42 »
We had some pretty good trade deals going on in the past which probably helped the absorption (outside of what Clan Blood Spirit did).  The Burrocks did cooperate with Clan Star Adder for many years, assisting with colonizing planets, expeditions and the transfer of vital scientist materials (even with Clan Nova Cat, FWIW).  Together, according to FM:CC, Clan Burrock and Clan Star Adder basically kept the profit and sold anything they didn't need to other Clans.

IMO, Clan Star Adder could have known about Burrock's Dark Caste dealings for a LONG time.

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2011, 16:25:15 »
Wotan, Gäiten, I salute you, my olde friends. :) [neko]
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 27 January 2011, 18:54:09 »
So come to York and fight some worthless Spirits.

No need to go to 'orrible old York, that high-G waterlogged ball of dust. Adders and former Burrocks now have the luxury of fighting them from the comfort of their own home on Albion.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #22 on: 27 January 2011, 19:05:49 »
Sadly this powerful Homeworld Clan has become a joke, but what do you expect when you let a few Burrocks in?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 27 January 2011, 23:57:33 »
I was thinking just now and wondered why the Adders took former Burrocks, made them a unique galaxy, and didn't use them on York against the Spirits. Wouldn't this have been a better use for troublesome adoptees? 
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2011, 00:10:42 »
That would have made for one huge Galaxy for all the Burrock warriors that got brought in.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 28 January 2011, 01:28:11 »
Weelll, I meant the ones who didn't want to assimilate.  The ones who got their own galaxy and were sent a-scouting in the Deep Periphery.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #26 on: 28 January 2011, 07:54:07 »
Maybe the same idea is behind, why the Adders put almost only exBurrocks into their Watch for hunting down bandit caste:

"The best to catch a pirate, is a pirate." 

;)

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 28 January 2011, 11:17:05 »
True enough.

Thoth

• Corporal
« Reply #28 on: 28 January 2011, 11:22:51 »
LOL.

Nice!

Yeah, it is a troubled Clan but has a lot of potential.

Star Colonel Thoth Kerensky, Clan Wolf

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 28 January 2011, 11:45:50 »
As far as i understood most of the troublesome Burrocks made their way either to York for the Beta Galaxy or to the deep periphery for Upsilon. But most of the Burrocks welcomed their new clan as it is the way of the clans.
It's not that we have conquered a OZ in the IS.  ;)