Author Topic: Alpha Strike Card... Vanity Want  (Read 1739 times)

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
Alpha Strike Card... Vanity Want
« on: 02 July 2019, 10:10:08 »
I know the cards are already rather cramped and adding more information, especially information that is superfluous, is a poor design choice.   However, I think it would be nice if somewhere on the card there was an indication of what type of weapons as doing the damage.  I like to be reminded that the 8Q is lobbing PPCs and that the King Crab is rocking a pair of 20s.   I find Alpha Strike so much more engaging when I can visualize what is going on.

LastChanceCav

• Captain
  • Repossessing the dispossessed ...
Re: Alpha Strike Card... Vanity Want
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2019, 09:19:45 »
IIRC, the original quickstrike cards were double sided, one that looks a lot like the current AS card and the other with a brief TRO for the unit.

Cheers,
LCC
Last Chance Engineering - Bespoke Battlemechs for the refined gentleperson.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2019, 12:47:31 »
the ones released in the four pdfs (3039, 3050U, 3055U, 3060) had a notes section on the back side. unsure if any other varieties were released

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2019, 23:55:58 »
the ones released in the four pdfs (3039, 3050U, 3055U, 3060) had a notes section on the back side. unsure if any other varieties were released

Which PDFs?  I only know of the Lance Packs and the MUL.

mrbistro

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2019, 15:41:03 »
Seems like if you print out your cards, it would be minimal effort to note weapons and gear on the back. It wouldn't be too hard to make a template for the backside either.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2019, 15:43:38 »
Which PDFs?  I only know of the Lance Packs and the MUL.

LCC had referenced quickstrike cards being double sided. Four QS pdfs were released - five if you include the free one with  intro box mechs

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2019, 15:44:32 »
There was a set of Quick-Strike cards made to match the BT box set minis at the time that included a sort of mini-TRO on the back.
That didn't work as well when we started doing cards for other variants that have never been given weapon/computer names/etc and we just put a notes field.
With Alpha Strike, we moved to a single sided card, printing two different units double-sided on pre-printed cards.  So there's not enough room.
But it was pretty neat when we could do it.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register