Author Topic: Do Aerospace units take the Jumped/Airborne penalty to TN when ground-pounding?  (Read 795 times)

FlyingScoots

• Recruit
Subj. Honestly not sure if this belongs here, or in the Ground Combat forum - if there is an entirely separate subforum meant for questions like this, I apologize for putting this in the wrong place and would appreciate being pointed to it azn
Anyway! As per the question in the title, do aerospace units take the +1 TN penalty for Jumping/Airborne non-Aerospace target when targeting appropriate units, like VTOLs, WiGEs or jumping mechs? Based on the two rule sections in TW, here:
Airborne aerospace units make strafing and striking attacks against airborne non-aero- space units (WiGE and VTOL vehicles, or other units expending VTOL MP, such as battle armor) just like any other ground target.
And here:
The modified to-hit number equals the base to-hit number plus the modifier for the specific air-to-ground attack as noted on the Air-To-Ground Attack Modifiers Table. All other standard modifiers used in weapon attacks—such as those for target movement, terrain, damage to the aerospace unit and so on—also apply, unless specifically stated otherwise. Modifiers for being prone and for partial cover never apply.
I've interpreted that as, basically, "modifiers for attacker movement aside because aerospace fighters do not move like ground units, all components of GATOR for ground units apply"; thus I did add the +1 TN modifier - but, wanted to ask if anyone would happen to know an "official" answer, or if I'm just an idiot who missed something in TW that would explain exactly this.

Cheers.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Aerospace units making Air-to-Ground attacks still factor in TMM (except for bombs), and that +1 is part of the TMM, so yes.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Register