Author Topic: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.  (Read 55087 times)

Metallgewitter

• Captain
Re: Terra. Home to ilClan Wolf.
« Reply #210 on: 27 January 2023, 06:09:56 »
Fed suns ?

Perhaps from the data the mercenary unit The Cheetas gave them in one of the Shrapnell stories in exchange for funding their mercenary company. The same unit that has Stone's Atlas "Revenant" in their roster. Though what they could do with that info is another question. Perhaps slip it into the Combine and Capellan hands to distract them. Also the wall WILL die in a short period of time unless Alaric is willing to rip his Jumpship fleet to shreds. That or he will realize the true meaning of "We are not stuck with you. YOU are stuck with US!" Stone said so himself tzhat the wall was never meant to be a safeguard forever and that the Republic citizen would revolt at one point. Now Alaric is stuck with several billions of Terrans behind a wall. Also was it ever confirmed that it was Stone who slipped that info out? IlClan made it sound as if the Wolves found the solution themselves by simple trial and error. Funny how the Capellans never figured that out and they had at least 2 very big tries

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #211 on: 27 January 2023, 07:46:32 »
Fed suns ?

Stone sent an envoy to them requesting help, who was turned down eventually. I assume he gave them the way to jump past the wall, so they could provide something more than thoughts and prayers for the Republic.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #212 on: 27 January 2023, 11:06:39 »
Perhaps from the data the mercenary unit The Cheetas gave them in one of the Shrapnell stories in exchange for funding their mercenary company. The same unit that has Stone's Atlas "Revenant" in their roster. Though what they could do with that info is another question. Perhaps slip it into the Combine and Capellan hands to distract them. Also the wall WILL die in a short period of time unless Alaric is willing to rip his Jumpship fleet to shreds. That or he will realize the true meaning of "We are not stuck with you. YOU are stuck with US!" Stone said so himself tzhat the wall was never meant to be a safeguard forever and that the Republic citizen would revolt at one point. Now Alaric is stuck with several billions of Terrans behind a wall. Also was it ever confirmed that it was Stone who slipped that info out? IlClan made it sound as if the Wolves found the solution themselves by simple trial and error. Funny how the Capellans never figured that out and they had at least 2 very big tries

IIRC, it’s very specifically a Ghost Knight on Stone’s orders. Falcons get it from Wolves.  Later, he sends that info to at least the Bears and probably FedSuns so they could slip in and help if they come.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #213 on: 27 January 2023, 11:07:38 »
Also was it ever confirmed that it was Stone who slipped that info out? IlClan made it sound as if the Wolves found the solution themselves by simple trial and error.

Yes, Hour of the Wolf establishes that Stone sent the Wolves the information.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #214 on: 28 January 2023, 00:50:36 »
Yes, Hour of the Wolf establishes that Stone sent the Wolves the information.

shhhh, that's classified (embarrassing) information  ;D

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #215 on: 28 January 2023, 00:55:31 »
shhhh, that's classified (embarrassing) information  ;D

Unsubstantiated and unscrupulous rumors according to the ilkhan. Shame on you for spreading them.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #216 on: 28 January 2023, 16:20:51 »
I wonder did Stone give Tucker that info? the Twitter campaign that started after the Ilclan trial seems to have been started by him. And Shattered Fortress gave a hint that Stone gave Tucker some information when Tucker confronted Stone that their supposed plan was not working (or rather was never intendend to work as initially outlined)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #217 on: 29 January 2023, 08:25:20 »
Unsubstantiated and unscrupulous rumors according to the ilkhan. Shame on you for spreading them.

hahaha, especially after reading "Dominion's Divided", Alaric is fast losing credibility with me. (Thinks, should I / thinking to, pull my forces back to Clan Jade Falcon Space ?)

What could an "escape clause" look like for Stephanie IF Alaric continues to loose "credibility ;D"

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #218 on: 30 January 2023, 04:50:29 »
hahaha, especially after reading "Dominion's Divided", Alaric is fast losing credibility with me. (Thinks, should I / thinking to, pull my forces back to Clan Jade Falcon Space ?)

What could an "escape clause" look like for Stephanie IF Alaric continues to loose "credibility ;D"

I thought the "Escape clause" in Clan thinking is "Kick the incompetent leadership out of position and do it yourself"

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #219 on: 30 January 2023, 05:38:00 »
I;ve long been saying that people shouldn't discount the Star League Falcons out Preatorians can swiftly become king makers
The Suns will shine again

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #220 on: 30 January 2023, 11:12:53 »
Nothing can stop Knives Out Chistu when she decides she doesn't like whoever's in charge, don't ya know?  :D
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #221 on: 30 January 2023, 20:03:48 »
Nothing can stop Knives Out Chistu when she decides she doesn't like whoever's in charge, don't ya know?  :D

Dear Lord, that nickname needs to stick. :))
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #222 on: 30 January 2023, 20:38:06 »
IIRC, it’s very specifically a Ghost Knight on Stone’s orders. Falcons get it from Wolves.  Later, he sends that info to at least the Bears and probably FedSuns so they could slip in and help if they come.

the fedsuns may have even ahd it earlier, rememebr Julian VISITED Terra on his way back home from the Lyran Commonwealth.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #223 on: 30 January 2023, 21:18:17 »
Dear Lord, that nickname needs to stick. :))

yep  ;D

What's a nickname we can give Jiyi ?

Side note: Also you think down the track, will it turn out Jiyi and Stephanie are Sibkin ? When we actually see some official dialogue between them ? Would be a good linking thing, as again, if Stephanie gets fed up with Alaric, Jiyi can say, come up here sis

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #224 on: 31 January 2023, 01:07:59 »
No, I want to say at one point he is contemplating he is the only one from his sibko left after Malvina's madness.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #225 on: 31 January 2023, 08:28:43 »
No, I want to say at one point he is contemplating he is the only one from his sibko left after Malvina's madness.

But then he finds out Stephanie is there !  ;D :thumbsup:

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #226 on: 31 January 2023, 09:23:00 »

Sadly the Jade Falcons have been to successful that only one or two batches are not a few fries short of a happy meal.

Bedsides with Jiyi being the last survivor of his sibko it further emphasizes the need for an heir for the renegade Falcons.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #227 on: 31 January 2023, 10:12:10 »

He was the last before Malvina led them to Terra.

Honestly, if a warrior is in their mid-30s with the typical (Republic era might be different) turn over rate they are probably their only sibko member tested out that is still alive.  The times that would not be the case would IMO be something like a pair of Bloodnamed (and still one would likely have died, we see that in fiction) or a Bloodnamed & failure that is either in a solahma or even demoted to training cadre.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #228 on: 31 January 2023, 11:20:36 »
What do you think, is Alaric actively recruiting warriors from the defeated RAF? Via Trial of Positions? Giving RAF veterans their own style of Honor ribbons because they did fight in the epic battle for Terra, either?
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #229 on: 31 January 2023, 11:28:33 »
What do you think, is Alaric actively recruiting warriors from the defeated RAF? Via Trial of Positions? Giving RAF veterans their own style of Honor ribbons because they did fight in the epic battle for Terra, either?

Already did- the tripod crew & Tara among others.  As far as Honor Ribbons . . . they fought as Wolves in the ilClan Trial.  Wolf ranks would have been swollen with RAF troops who did not want to see the Falcons win.
Colt Ward

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #230 on: 31 January 2023, 13:12:35 »
For the story (HotW) as presented to make sense, it couldn’t have been a lot of RAF. Otherwise the ilClan trial would have been a lopsided beating from moment one instead of a roughly equal but eventual snowballing that it was presented as.

And some of those RAF who fought ended up quitting the wolves after Terra because they wanted nothing to do with Alaric. They just wanted to stop Malvina. We have no idea what percentage.

I’m also not expecting a lot of RAF warriors who wouldn’t sign up to stop Malvina signing on afterwards. I imagine a few would trickle in, but not large numbers.

And all of this is just gut feeling. We won’t know specifics until ilKEO or unless there’s a very revealing Shrapnel issue

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #231 on: 31 January 2023, 14:02:01 »
Alaric's recruiting will ultimately be whatever suits the plot. if they want clan wolf to be strong then he'll recruit heavily as the people of terra drink the kool aid and line up for a second dose..
if they want the wolves to be isolated and alone in a hostile island... that'll be it's own thing too

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #232 on: 31 January 2023, 14:09:25 »
"Whatever suits the plot" is categorically true, for literally everything in BattleTech and every other fictional setting, but it's also a terrible answer for generating discussion.

It also seems to be the theme of the new wave of storytelling lately: "whatever suits the plot", everything else be damned. HotW was especially bad for this, but DD is up there too.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2023, 14:14:38 by tassa_kay »

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #233 on: 31 January 2023, 14:34:22 »
"Whatever suits the plot" is categorically true, for literally everything in BattleTech and every other fictional setting, but it's also a terrible answer for generating discussion.

It also seems to be the theme of the new wave of storytelling lately: "whatever suits the plot", everything else be damned. HotW was especially bad for this, but DD is up there too.

in this case Terra could swing eaither way, it's simply too ahrd to tell, we simply don't have eneugh info on how the Wolves are treating Terra and how the Terrans as responding to their new overlords.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #234 on: 31 January 2023, 14:36:47 »
in this case Terra could swing eaither way, it's simply too ahrd to tell, we simply don't have eneugh info on how the Wolves are treating Terra and how the Terrans as responding to their new overlords.

In other words, "whatever suits the plot". Great discussion!  :thumbsup:

(Not a swipe at you, a swipe at the situation.)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #235 on: 31 January 2023, 15:34:10 »
Wolves have, traditionally, been good at indoctrination with bondsmen (re Tyra's wingman becoming a Invasion Wolf) . . . the problem with that is it takes some time and with the acceptance of RAF on the Wolf side of the ilClan Trial, they did not have long enough for all the bondsmen as evidenced by the Tripod crew.

The other side of that is FREX the survivors of commands that surrendered to the Wolves rather than face the Falcons or to help the Wolves against the Falcons.  Like the Tripod crew, they could have gone to Galatea because they were given the 'rights' of warriors in Clan society . . . but they would also show up with what they had and little support since techs are not warriors.

SO . . . IMO it would be a sliding scale . . . the longer a RAF member was a bondsman to a Wolf, the more of a chance they would stay in the touman.  Thus a bondsman from a unit stationed in Australia is more likely to remain with the Wolves than a bondsman taken in Europe or North America . . .

The other interesting bit might be is the bondholder a Clan trueborn?  freeborn?  or abathka from the Inner Sphere, such as the League noble who wants to found his own Bloodhouse?  The latter as converts might be more successful converting a RAF member.
Colt Ward

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #236 on: 31 January 2023, 16:23:13 »
Wolves have, traditionally, been good at indoctrination with bondsmen (re Tyra's wingman becoming a Invasion Wolf) . . . the problem with that is it takes some time and with the acceptance of RAF on the Wolf side of the ilClan Trial, they did not have long enough for all the bondsmen as evidenced by the Tripod crew.

The other side of that is FREX the survivors of commands that surrendered to the Wolves rather than face the Falcons or to help the Wolves against the Falcons.  Like the Tripod crew, they could have gone to Galatea because they were given the 'rights' of warriors in Clan society . . . but they would also show up with what they had and little support since techs are not warriors.

SO . . . IMO it would be a sliding scale . . . the longer a RAF member was a bondsman to a Wolf, the more of a chance they would stay in the touman.  Thus a bondsman from a unit stationed in Australia is more likely to remain with the Wolves than a bondsman taken in Europe or North America . . .

The other interesting bit might be is the bondholder a Clan trueborn?  freeborn?  or abathka from the Inner Sphere, such as the League noble who wants to found his own Bloodhouse?  The latter as converts might be more successful converting a RAF member.

Assuming its the CapCon that takes the first run at the ilClan, a lot of those exRAF bondsmen would probably be enthusiastic supporters for the defense of Terra from Liao, in a way they wouldn't if it was say the Bears coming down.

Children of Kerensky had Alaric make taking RAF bondsmen a key part of the invasion plan, so there should be a decent number available to bolster the ranks.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2023, 18:08:11 by Geg »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #237 on: 31 January 2023, 17:04:55 »
Especially considering RAF personnel, gov or mil, the only difference between Malvina and the Cappies is how much black vs how much green was painted on the gear.
Colt Ward

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #238 on: 31 January 2023, 23:48:55 »
Especially considering RAF personnel, gov or mil, the only difference between Malvina and the Cappies is how much black vs how much green was painted on the gear.

That’s not even remotely true. Malvina taking Terra meant billions dead. CapCon taking Terra likely spelled the end of the Republic, but the people would survive. Same with Wolf, which is why any joined to fight Malvina.

RotS certainly hates CapCon, but it isn’t literally do or die. The same impetus isn’t there to help wolves fight Daoshen as it was for Malvina
« Last Edit: 31 January 2023, 23:54:13 by Church14 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #239 on: 01 February 2023, 00:57:44 »
RotS certainly hates CapCon, but it isn’t literally do or die. The same impetus isn’t there to help wolves fight Daoshen as it was for Malvina

Might want to re-read Wars of the Republic and Shattered Fortress.
Colt Ward

Register