Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 175677 times)

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1680 on: 21 July 2019, 03:59:58 »

Apologies for the relative silence today, I'll do my best to keep up for the rest of the weekend.

Don't worry, Cubby. Considering how fast this thread was going until yesterday, it's completely understandable.

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1681 on: 21 July 2019, 04:00:19 »
If anyone's interested in seeing how the new sculpts spread across eras/TROs, I did a thing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPPMgJl08vkuDzPB4iNqWiG74sGJjNuT/view?usp=sharing

If it's coloured, there's a new sculpt;
AC= A Game of Armored Combat Plastics
BB= Beginner Box Plastics
CI= Clan Invasion Box Plastics
LP= Plastic Lance/Star Packs
IWM= Recent high-fidelity resculpts by IWM in metal

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1682 on: 21 July 2019, 06:27:32 »
Do we know yet what is exclusive to the Kickstarter? I presume the faction packs/challenge coins, but I presume that things like the dice, or the character card decks, and so on will be available after the fact?

BYE

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1683 on: 21 July 2019, 06:30:55 »
And still little to no info on how they're going to handle so many.

Because we're still figuring it out. And probably will be for awhile.

People could make their life easier maybe by spec'ing out non-badass hero characters. Instead, some type of civilian role or non-combat enlisted role, characters whom would fit a support role in essence. E.g.: a mechanic, engineer of some sort, transport pilot or crew, radar tech, etc...

I appreciate the thought--we certainly don't need 1,000 MechWarrior Mary Sues. But specifics are going to be harder for us to incorporate and navigate. not easier.

Do we know yet what is exclusive to the Kickstarter? I presume the faction packs/challenge coins, but I presume that things like the dice, or the character card decks, and so on will be available after the fact?

Anything marked specifically as "exclusive," will be exclusive. Anything not so marked may and in most cases (Lance and Star Packs) likely will be available at retail at some point. But I don't have specifics on date, or whether your own personal LGS will for sure have them.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1684 on: 21 July 2019, 06:41:38 »
My own internal records goes as follows for Exclusives:

Exclusive Dog Tag
Exclusive Daggerstar Keychain
Exclusive Invasion Box Cover
Exclusive Mechwarriors cards
Exclusive Poster
Exclusive Batchall Scenario
Exclusive Blitzkrieg Scenario
Exclusive Grand Melee Scenario
Exclusive Last Stand Scenario
Exclusive Trial of Position Scenario

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1685 on: 21 July 2019, 06:54:16 »

Exclusive Dog Tag
Exclusive Poster

Exclusive Leather-bound hardback of Mechwarrior: Legends

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1686 on: 21 July 2019, 06:59:58 »

Exclusive Dog Tag
Exclusive Poster

And the exclusive dice bags.
Also, it says the black enamel challenge coins are exclusive. (Perhaps we will get non-enameled coins at a later date? But that's purely speculation on my part.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #1687 on: 21 July 2019, 07:19:37 »

Just remember, you don't have to buy it all at once now. Most of it will eventually be sold retail later.

I'd feel better about that if I hadn't spent most of the last 15 years missing out on physical BT products because they were available for a week then perpetually "awaiting restock." It very much feels like it will be my only chance to get any of this stuff.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1688 on: 21 July 2019, 07:21:58 »
At least these days you can try and get it from your FLGS, Amazon, online FLGS (such as miniature market), or ebay market/auction

Silverline

• Recruit
« Reply #1689 on: 21 July 2019, 07:35:50 »
I've posted this in the KS comments but I'll toss it here too:

Something that I'd really like to see as a later stretch goal is an art book, showing the concept design sketches for all the redesigns and perhaps some of the older art as a side-by-side comparison to show how the aesthetic has evolved over time - and it's something that isn't necessarily a physical offering

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1690 on: 21 July 2019, 07:39:34 »
I'd feel better about that if I hadn't spent most of the last 15 years missing out on physical BT products because they were available for a week then perpetually "awaiting restock." It very much feels like it will be my only chance to get any of this stuff.

A fear not unfounded. Acquiring about a quarter of the CGL era books for my collection in the last couple years was... painful - on par with the rarest of rare FASA sourcebooks. However the fact that the new boxes have been reprinted a few times already and the battlemats are getting another run has improved my mood (apologies to the Europeans. I know things are still frustrating on the distribution end).

Whatever the case I’m going to bite the bullet hard up front to avoid a potential years-long wait for some items

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1691 on: 21 July 2019, 08:01:53 »
I've posted this in the KS comments but I'll toss it here too:

Something that I'd really like to see as a later stretch goal is an art book, showing the concept design sketches for all the redesigns and perhaps some of the older art as a side-by-side comparison to show how the aesthetic has evolved over time - and it's something that isn't necessarily a physical offering

We got the 25 Years of Art & Fiction 10 years ago. It would be cool to see something similar for the last 10 years or so, especially now that the redesigned Unseen are back.

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #1692 on: 21 July 2019, 08:11:14 »
A fear not unfounded. Acquiring about a quarter of the CGL era books for my collection in the last couple years was... painful - on par with the rarest of rare FASA sourcebooks. However the fact that the new boxes have been reprinted a few times already and the battlemats are getting another run has improved my mood (apologies to the Europeans. I know things are still frustrating on the distribution end).

Whatever the case I’m going to bite the bullet hard up front to avoid a potential years-long wait for some items

I'm one of those Europeans  :P

I got lucky and managed get the GoAC box via a friend who happened to see one and grabbed it for me. Other than that, the last time I managed got get physical BT product involved ordering them from the old BattleShop and having them delivered to my (now ex-)inlaws in the US. They only took about 5 years to be delivered.

I've backed at Bloodnamed, and have set aside another $100 to get extra lance/star packs. I'm torn over whether to try & stretch to Star Colonel now the orbital drop has happened. If I read it correctly $300 at Bloodnamed gets me 2x2 + 6x1, for 10 star/lance packs of 8 types, while Star Colonel gets me 6x2 star/lances for 12 packs total but only 6 different ones.

I'll add that I'm not interested in having a canon CHR who's just a throwaway line in a book somewhere. I'd much rather have the same $ value in loot  ;D
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 08:13:37 by Euphonium »
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1693 on: 21 July 2019, 08:13:47 »
I really hope so, because I want a set of FRR dice.

I.. dammit, my determinination to not get extra dice is faltering   :-\

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1694 on: 21 July 2019, 08:50:55 »
And still little to no info on how they're going to handle so many.  [Canon characters]

Any chance you'll have something before the Kickstarter ends?  Like I said earlier, I hate harping on this, but when spending this much money I'd like to have some kind of idea on what I'm getting.   I don't need a fully detailed outline, but some idea of what might happen and/or what won't would be nice.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #1695 on: 21 July 2019, 08:53:22 »
I would love to get a poster out of the deal. I need a new battletech poster for the game room.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1696 on: 21 July 2019, 08:54:52 »

Any chance you'll have something before the Kickstarter ends?  Like I said earlier, I hate harping on this, but when spending this much money I'd like to have some kind of idea on what I'm getting.   I don't need a fully detailed outline, but some idea of what might happen and/or what won't would be nice.
Indeed, I am planning on Bloodnamed but I am willing to go up to Galaxy Commander if I know what the value of each canon character is (I am assuming that each pledge group will be treated differently).
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1697 on: 21 July 2019, 08:56:29 »

I’m of the same mind. Just want to know if the extra cash to be at galaxy commander will net something tangible. Otherwise I’ll drop down to star colonel and spend that money on addons

Some Galaxy commander level with art will be used when the premium clan pilot deck with a photo on the back goal is reached.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1698 on: 21 July 2019, 09:01:08 »
The 40K unlock was the "Clan Juggernaut" printed poster for ristar backers and above.  Plus another physical poster at 320K, both as exclusives.

I would love to get a poster out of the deal. I need a new battletech poster for the game room.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 09:06:25 by BairdEC »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #1699 on: 21 July 2019, 10:30:23 »

The character name is guaranteed to be used somewhere, in a BattleTech product. Any other information provided *might* be used, will try to be used, at CGL’s discretion. There will be an update to the FAQ this week with clearer language.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1700 on: 21 July 2019, 10:46:10 »
fair enough. thanks for the update

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1701 on: 21 July 2019, 11:10:15 »
RE: canon character naming

They did this a while ago for the demo agents, IIRC. I can't remember the sourcebook off-hand, but there are a lot of familiar names throughout.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #1702 on: 21 July 2019, 11:25:19 »
RE: canon character naming

They did this a while ago for the demo agents, IIRC. I can't remember the sourcebook off-hand, but there are a lot of familiar names throughout.
A bunch of freelancers was "canonized" as SLS WarShips joning Kerenky's exodus in a picture... somewhere.

Edit: The image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates.
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 11:27:52 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #1703 on: 21 July 2019, 11:36:54 »
A bunch of freelancers was "canonized" as SLS WarShips joning Kerenky's exodus in a picture... somewhere.

Edit: The image on p. 9 of Field Manual: Updates.
TRO: 3050U has some as well, along with new variants, but neither are the book I'm remembering.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #1704 on: 21 July 2019, 12:44:44 »
Any chance the 2nd Star League will be a faction to unlock?

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1705 on: 21 July 2019, 12:49:20 »
The character name is guaranteed to be used somewhere, in a BattleTech product. Any other information provided *might* be used, will try to be used, at CGL’s discretion. There will be an update to the FAQ this week with clearer language.

Thank you this needs to be updated.  I am not going to lie I am just happy with a name.  But that FAQ makes it look like a lot more and if Cataylst isn't real clear on the Kickstarter page what is going to happen it is going to lead to major problems.   I don't want that I see this kickstarter opening up a new lease on life for the game

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #1706 on: 21 July 2019, 13:12:52 »
Welp. Wonder what our new Lance/ Star Pack is going to be now... We hit $850,000.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1707 on: 21 July 2019, 13:19:53 »
I wouldn’t blame them for taking the rest of the day to ready any updates and make sure all the messaging is consistent.

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #1708 on: 21 July 2019, 13:24:48 »
Random thought, I sure hope that if a Clan Invasion Box Set mini-only option pops up that is doesn't disrupt Box Set backing or sales.

top_hat

• Recruit
« Reply #1709 on: 21 July 2019, 14:26:37 »
Anyone heard anything official about picking up multiple pledges?  Really want to double down on Star Colonel (plenty of "picks" and twice the goodies!). 

It would be super helpful if we could select Elementals as part of our Star/Lance picks........

Register