Author Topic: "field refit kits" only apply to the Lostech Kits post 3051?  (Read 1708 times)

Bishop Steiner

• Private
"field refit kits" only apply to the Lostech Kits post 3051?
« on: 13 September 2016, 14:25:29 »
I realize that is what the Sarna entry says, but I am wondering if that is an oversight, considering the number of "House Standard" refits in existence in the 3025 TRO that are NOT factory produced Variants.  An example being ht e"standard" House Models of the MAD-3R.  House Marik to the best of my knowledge had no factories producing 3 Series Marauders, yet to combat their lack of PPCs, had the MAD-3M model.  House Davion has the 3D series, but their only Marauder line is the MAD-3R line on Kathil.  Yet both are "standardized" refits that require a full bay to accomplish.

Likewise in the new First Succession War sourcebook it specifically mentions standardized Field Refits under the Shadow Hawk section, fro both House Kurita and Davion.  Obviously the concept itself is not "lostech" even if the sarna entry apparently only addresses the kits to upgrade mechs to Lostech standards.

So what is the "official" ruling?  Were standardized Field Refit Kits used pre 3050 by the houses to "normalize" their house variants?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: "field refit kits" only apply to the Lostech Kits post 3051?
« Reply #1 on: 13 September 2016, 23:11:39 »
Sarna is not an official source, and once you've put that aside, you've answered your own question.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Bishop Steiner

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2016, 13:03:11 »
Thanks for the quick reply.  Unfortunately, some still feel it's an inconclusive one (I don't, but the discussion over at HBS is a bit heated), so was hoping for a simple yes/no type answer.  I believe that the rules are pretty clear that Refit Kits exist, some seem to have the term Field Refit Kit locked completely to Lostech Upgrade Kits and the new tech era of the 3050s. Apologies.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2016, 13:19:32 »
No worries, thanks for asking, and enjoy your time on the forum!  O0
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Register