Author Topic: (Answered) Exiting Air/Space Interface Hexes  (Read 2745 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
(Answered) Exiting Air/Space Interface Hexes
« on: 05 June 2020, 03:05:16 »
TW page 79 says "a unit" must be able to spend 4 Thrust Points to enter a space hex from the interface.  Strat Ops page 274 says "WarShips" must be able to spend 4 TP to do so, and that others only need 3.  Which one is correct?  3 makes more sense to me.

I wasn't sure whether to file this under TW or StratOps so filed it here.  Please feel to free to move it to the most appropriate sub-forum.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 02:15:12 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Exiting Air/Space Interface Hexes
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2020, 02:14:52 »
Page 274 of SO is the BattleForce system, which is both a different scale and an alternate rules system in general.  Many things won't link up, and this will be one of them.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: (Answered) Exiting Air/Space Interface Hexes
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2022, 13:22:56 »
A long belated thanks for answering this Xotl!  Your answer coincided with my self imposed exile, and I was less than 100% diligent in answering things from that time.

I'll see what i can do to get the cognitive dissonance resolved.  The 3 vs. 4 thing has wide ranging implications for aerospace craft design (i.e., 2/3 or 3/5 being the minimum thrust necessary to make orbit).  The most interesting possible answer would be 2/3 Aerodyne craft being able to pull it off (perhaps with some stomach churning maneuvering), but not spheroids.  That would make the cost multiplier difference between the two more meaningful.