Author Topic: (Answered) Small support vehicles and special equipment  (Read 2177 times)

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
According to TM p. 136, small support vehicles cannot mount heavy weapons. Does this apply to the items listed under Special Equipment on the Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons and Equipment Table (p. 342)? I'm specifically interested in TAG, Guardian ECM, C3S, and Beagle Active Probes, but this section also includes A/B Pods, Narc, and iNarc systems. Most of the rest of the things under Special Equipment obviously can't be mounted, either because they are either too heavy for a small vehicle or apply to heavy weapons.
« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 15:50:54 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Small support vehicles and special equipment, esp. TAG
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2020, 15:50:45 »
If it's on the Heavy Weapons and Equipment table, it counts as a Heavy Weapon for this.

Regarding TacOps (which does not have such categorization), Small SVs can use equipment from the non-combat section providing it has a damage rating of 0 or NA and isn't explicitly ruled as illegal for SVs. In addition they are unable to use any type of C3 or command console.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
Re: (Answered) Small support vehicles and special equipment
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2020, 15:56:10 »
Okay, thanks!

assaultdoor

• Sergeant
Re: (Answered) Small support vehicles and special equipment
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2021, 21:16:42 »
So I've finally had a chance to follow up on this, and I'm not sure what you mean by the non-combat section of TacOps. If you mean things that aren't weapons, then that means small support vehicles can use Boosted C3 but not regular C3, Angel ECM but not Guardian, and Bloodhound probes but not Beagles. That goes against the spirit of the ruling, so I assume I'm missing something. Is that a category that was added to the newer TacOps two-volume set?

Register