Author Topic: Zelda: Breath of the Wild  (Read 953 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« on: 11 April 2017, 11:23:35 »
I don't often say "best game ever", but man. This may be for me the best game ever. I described it in the other "what are you playing now" thread as Zelda and Skyrim's love child drenched in a colorful coat of Studio Ghibli (Mononoke, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso) art direction, music, and--most importantly--themes. Longing, loss, exploration, and taking pure joy in the world has had me floored for the last week and a half.

Anyone else playing it? I got lucky on a Switch purchase (Amazon, 30 minutes and sold out). This is my first Nintendo console since the SNES, not counting the 3DS. I'm very much enjoying the ability to continue playing when the roomie wants to have a go at the television. And the controller-holder is surprisingly comfortable.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Zelda: Breath of the Wild
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2017, 13:53:51 »
I'm about 100 hours in and no sign of stopping. I've recovered about four memories so far and they're pretty heartbreaking. Well done Nintendo for taking up more mature themes than ever. I mean, yeah, there's some melodrama in it, but it's still solidly accomplished.

I absolutely love love love being able to pick up the console and continue in my bedroom. It makes sharing the television that much easier. Harder to lie back and game with the device plugged into a power cable (plug is on the bottom), but it's not bad really.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

snewsom2997

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2017, 14:45:55 »
I am still trying to find a switch, LOL

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2017, 15:56:23 »
I am still trying to find a switch, LOL

Have hope. I just got super lucky by logging into Amazon at the right time.