Author Topic: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder  (Read 219815 times)

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« on: 02 February 2011, 15:59:58 »
Star Adders sound off.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
Re: Coils of the Adder: Home of Clan Star Adder
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2011, 16:12:26 »
True home for us!

-----------------

What do you think, for such a huge Clan, economic and military powerhouse, we have only designed a small number of homegrown designs, if of high quality.

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2011, 16:14:58 »
Aff

Its good to see an old school poster. :)

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2011, 16:16:32 »
you guys didn't like the name of your other thread? :P

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2011, 16:18:02 »
Stop trolling to get post count man.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2011, 16:19:13 »
I dunno, I found it highly entertaining.

I am curious to see what Adder fans think their fate might be.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2011, 16:22:26 »
Leading a new invasion of the Inner Sphere.
That time a successful  }:)

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2011, 16:24:53 »
Stop trolling to get post count man.

relax bro, it was a joke. no need to be so sensitive.

you good now?
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 16:26:51 by ShockaTime »

Raven Alliance

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2011, 16:27:34 »
Leading a new invasion of the Inner Sphere.
That time a successful  }:)

With no info even up to the darkage era on any of the home clans i don't expect much.

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2011, 16:31:13 »
Shockatime

seeing as that i live in a combat zone where we take IDF and i have been almost killed before, i am always relaxed son. How about you? you good?

Damocles

« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2011, 16:42:17 »
Hail and Cheers Adders all the rest are dust and ash

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 02 February 2011, 16:44:20 »
Shockatime

seeing as that i live in a combat zone where we take IDF and i have been almost killed before, i am always relaxed son. How about you? you good?

you have no idea how many times that "i'm in combat" excuse has been used before. I couldn't care less if you're in a warzone or sitting right beside me. You treat the people on this forum with respect and that means not freaking out over a small joke.

As for how I am, I can't really complain, a little cold and the roads are a little slippery but other than it's all good.

and how old are you? are you even allowed to call me 'son'?
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 16:46:58 by ShockaTime »

Raven Alliance

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 02 February 2011, 16:54:21 »
Hail and Cheers Adders all the rest are dust and ash

To be scattered to the four winds...

Welcome Damocles

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 02 February 2011, 17:18:30 »
you have no idea how many times that "i'm in combat" excuse has been used before. I couldn't care less if you're in a warzone or sitting right beside me. You treat the people on this forum with respect and that means not freaking out over a small joke.

As for how I am, I can't really complain, a little cold and the roads are a little slippery but other than it's all good.

and how old are you? are you even allowed to call me 'son'?

Oh no look out!! I think the kids feelings have been hurt. I might be in danger. :D

Wow and i wasn't even freaking just saying don't troll.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 02 February 2011, 17:24:17 »
Oh no look out!! I think the kids feelings have been hurt. I might be in danger. :D

Wow and i wasn't even freaking just saying don't troll.

you're the only one trolling here pops. this is the most irrational discussion i've ever been in, all because you're so rediculously sensitive over a fictional faction.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 17:29:06 by ShockaTime »

Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2011, 17:26:47 »

by the beard of kerensky, are people still using this excuse/reason  :-X  [metalhealth]
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 17:29:54 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2011, 17:35:06 »
Both of you.

KNOCK IT OFF.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2011, 17:45:19 »
Roger

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2011, 22:20:08 »
Ahhh home at last!!!  :D  ;)

*brings in keg of beer*
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 02 February 2011, 23:59:36 »
Welcome torthkin   :P

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #20 on: 03 February 2011, 00:01:11 »
Finally I can relax with my throthkin!

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #21 on: 03 February 2011, 03:38:43 »
With no info even up to the darkage era on any of the home clans i don't expect much.

That is an advantage, I believe. The whole upcoming story of What-has-happened-with-Homeclans is going to be told us by authors who I trust in telling us great stories and giving the universe the right (IMHO) "feeling", not like the original DA was done (IMHO).

Just remember, "blind spots" we have not been told so far, have great a future potential.

And, I am sure that at least some Adder bloodlines have survived  ;)

Cidwm

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 03 February 2011, 09:31:25 »
That is an advantage, I believe. The whole upcoming story of What-has-happened-with-Homeclans is going to be told us by authors who I trust in telling us great stories and giving the universe the right (IMHO) "feeling", not like the original DA was done (IMHO).

Just remember, "blind spots" we have not been told so far, have great a future potential.

And, I am sure that at least some Adder bloodlines have survived  ;)

Yeah i can agree with that. The authors have done a really nice job fixing the DA time line to have a better "feeling". Hopefully we get some great stories on the home clans sometime in the immediate future seeing as there hasn't been anything for awhile to move forward their stories, though i wont hold my breath just yet. ;)

Marlin

• Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2011, 09:45:17 »
The thing about lack of design bothers me for sure. See, the Nova Cats, yes, those that betrayed the Clans, left the HWs and now live in a habitat in Irece Prefecture, cranked out dozens of new designs, while viable Clans, except perhaps the Falcons, get only few. I find that not very logical, do you?
Get to know the ultimate combined arms experience for the Battletech universe! See link below.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,105.0.html

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #24 on: 03 February 2011, 10:16:24 »
The thing about lack of design bothers me for sure. See, the Nova Cats, yes, those that betrayed the Clans, left the HWs and now live in a habitat in Irece Prefecture, cranked out dozens of new designs, while viable Clans, except perhaps the Falcons, get only few. I find that not very logical, do you?

Devil's advocate, those are arguably the only designs they'll have easy access to (barring trade with the Sharks).  Plus, the Wolves hadn't really set up major IS factories by the time of the Jihad, the Horses and Ravens were forced to rebuild on the move (by you guys, if I'm not mistaken), the Sharks seem to be focusing more on revamping secondline designs, and we don't have a lot of info coming from the Homeworlds (which means plenty of designs we aren't gonna immediately know about).  Who does that leave to get stuff?  Falcons (bleck).
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #25 on: 03 February 2011, 10:20:29 »
There's a few factors to take into account with those new Nova Cat designs. 1.) Who knows what's going on in the home worlds. The Cats are simply more visable. 2.) The Cats had to rebuild post abjurement and lost access to much of their old manufacturing and supply. Rabids seem to be an attempt to reproduce Elemental BA within the constraints of existing infastructure and supply. 3.) Many are just new variants of existing chassis so minimal development was required. 4.) Many, including the variants, were produced with assistance from outside groups. Most notably the Diamond Sharks. 5.) Some of the new designs were just attempts to produce a home grow version of an existing mech (Ocelot for example).

Off the top of my head, the only completely from scratch new designs made without any outside help are the Arbalest, Sphinx, Thunderbird BA, and the Shoden and Joust vehicles.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #26 on: 03 February 2011, 10:43:20 »
That and we dont have the resources to produce mass quantities of those designs anyways.

Klingon

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 03 February 2011, 11:06:20 »
Klingon, checking in.

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 03 February 2011, 11:22:24 »
But why should we need new designs ? There are enough omni chassis around that could fit all needed requirements. I would happy to hear we have fight some trials to get hand on some missing chassis, so that we can produce all we need for our own.

Developing countless new designs where is no need for, isn't the way we clans should go. I always liked the idee that Adders focus on the best that is. Developing just the few designs that fill some gaps.

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #29 on: 03 February 2011, 13:51:34 »
@ Wotan:
What gaps shall be filled in your opinion?

Because we can not build the Timberwolf, I would like to get a similar design. 70t with speed of 5/8, no jumpsets, endo steel chassis, FF armor.