Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 154263 times)

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #480 on: 22 April 2020, 17:44:31 »
I've been trying to organize the clan mechs I expect to receive from the Kickstarter (which will be my introduction to clan mechs), and then Xi Galaxy caught my attention.  Looks like a painter's dream.  Fever dream, I mean.

What books can I read to try to find out when they moved into the Inner Sphere?  From what I see, it looks like it must have been after Tukayyid but not by a lot.  And they were a garrison force, but... Camo Specs has both battlemechs and omnimechs in their colors.  Were they unusually well equipped or did something change?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #481 on: 23 April 2020, 14:09:42 »
Xi started out as a 2nd line unit but was later upgraded to frontline due to their actions. There's no single area to look them up, but noteable bits of history involve a breakaway group of Cloud Cobra warriors who emigrated to the IS Nova Cats to join them, and getting nuked during the Jihad when trying to fight the Blakists.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #482 on: 08 May 2020, 21:31:42 »
Did all of the shared nova cat blood heritages in the homeworlds get reaved?

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #483 on: 08 May 2020, 22:50:04 »
Don't know.  We can assume so, but there is no mention of Nova Cat bloodlines anywhere in TWoR or in the supplemental.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #484 on: 09 May 2020, 02:36:54 »
Still pretty newish the lore, but I thought sharing of Bloodnames didn't happen until after WoR/Jihad. So, the Cats would have not been a part of it in the first place

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #485 on: 09 May 2020, 08:48:02 »
Shared, or non-Exclusive bloodnames started to become a thing very early in Clan history. The original push came during the Golden Century, the next big push was after WoR.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #486 on: 09 June 2020, 13:01:19 »
TRO: Golden Century looks like it's back on track. Hopefully we'll finally get some information on some long known, but missing, 'first produced' items.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #487 on: 09 June 2020, 13:31:12 »
The Chaos Campaign Tukayyid book currently has a badass cover depicting a Nova Cat Warhawk rising out of what I assume is Lake Losiije.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #488 on: 09 June 2020, 14:43:33 »
The Chaos Campaign Tukayyid book currently has a badass cover depicting a Nova Cat Warhawk rising out of what I assume is Lake Losiije.

I think I might see a future avatar image in it i think it looks awesome
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #489 on: 18 July 2020, 17:01:39 »
Hey, guess which zombie cat girls made an appearance in the latest IlClan Recognition Guide? 

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #490 on: 19 July 2020, 16:13:16 »
Oh? Do tell.
*eyes thread*
Shadow Cat III is it? I'm assuming that's the DA version with the stylized cockpit?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #491 on: 19 July 2020, 21:45:02 »
Oh? Do tell.
*eyes thread*
Shadow Cat III is it? I'm assuming that's the DA version with the stylized cockpit?

Yep, Shadow Cat III is the DA sculpt, basically the original with a facelift. Its notable pilot is Dot "Patches" Nostra and gives her fate.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #492 on: 20 July 2020, 02:50:08 »
Just bought the Recognition Guide the Shadow Cat III's whole entry tells the story of the sorry state of the Nova Cats after the Second Combine/Dominion War.  :'(

I hope the ilClan brings hell down on the Combine and permanently end the Kurita line.

To be fair I've wanted it for a long time to see the ilClan truly dominate the Inner Sphere and bring a new Golden Age.  I'll happily see all the Succession States subjugated.  I'd love it if Alaric offers the surviving Nova Cats the final blow against the Combine to earn the Clan Protectorate's support.  If it's the Falcons though the last remnants of our Clan will die given what the Shadow Cat III's write up says about Falcon feelings towards the Nova Cats.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #493 on: 20 July 2020, 06:21:26 »
Yep, Shadow Cat III is the DA sculpt, basically the original with a facelift. Its notable pilot is Dot "Patches" Nostra and gives her fate.
Second pilot is Matt Lossey, another MWDA pilot.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #494 on: 20 July 2020, 06:56:22 »
Was he a lousy pilot? (runs)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #495 on: 23 July 2020, 13:34:22 »

Did he die in the rebellion or make it to the Protectorate?
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #496 on: 23 July 2020, 14:13:46 »
Did he die in the rebellion or make it to the Protectorate?

Not sure, but the entry refers to him in the past tense.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #497 on: 23 July 2020, 20:34:28 »
When in doubt, head canon that he's led a scrappy band of survivors and they've met up with Kisho's herd.  Together plans are being formulated to TP the coordinator's residence then release a Word of Blake derived virus that targets those of Kurita lineage not descended from Minoru.  It could totally be true until confirmed otherwise.

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
« Reply #498 on: 24 July 2020, 07:57:10 »
Well if he is dead that's a shame, he had a great pilot card in the MechWarrior clix game.

The Nova Cats I want to see surviving in the Clan Protectorate the most are;

Kisho Nova Cat (Duh)
Angus Drummond (Dude was cool in clix)
Marat Deleportas (Pulled him in a booster draft, great mech)
Liz Nostra
Dot Patches Nostra
Maria Devalis

These are all clix pieces by the way.  Glad they are still appearing here and there in the new products.
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #499 on: 24 July 2020, 08:03:52 »
Well if he is dead that's a shame, he had a great pilot card in the MechWarrior clix game.

The Nova Cats I want to see surviving in the Clan Protectorate the most are;

Kisho Nova Cat (Duh)
Angus Drummond (Dude was cool in clix)
Marat Deleportas (Pulled him in a booster draft, great mech)
Liz Nostra
Dot Patches Nostra
Maria Devalis

These are all clix pieces by the way.  Glad they are still appearing here and there in the new products.

Sadly, "Patches" didn't make it, though it sounds like she was amongst the last to go down.

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
« Reply #500 on: 24 July 2020, 12:17:31 »
Sadly, "Patches" didn't make it, though it sounds like she was amongst the last to go down.

Dang, was that in the Clan 3145 TRO?
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
« Reply #501 on: 24 July 2020, 12:37:00 »
Hey, so I thought this thread might be interested in this, but I run a clickytech facebook page for players in Ohio and Maryland, and I like to take pictures of our battles.  While it is not BattleTech, there are tons of albums of battles with Clan Nova Cat/Spirit Cat forces, usually trouncing their opponents. 8)

Thought some of you guys and gals might be interested in that.  Oodles of Nova Cat mechs in them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/81449274975/photos/
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #502 on: 24 July 2020, 17:03:10 »
Thats quite a selection

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #503 on: 24 July 2020, 17:06:53 »
Dang, was that in the Clan 3145 TRO?

Nope. Rec Guide ilClan Vol.3. Second notable pilot entry for the Shadow Cat III.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #504 on: 24 July 2020, 22:02:58 »
That's a fine Spirit Cat touman

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #505 on: 27 July 2020, 20:55:03 »
Nice surprise on the BT FB page from TRO Golden Century.

https://www.facebook.com/19541048147/posts/10157451177908148/

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #506 on: 28 July 2020, 04:26:59 »
It's very... distinctive looking.

No idea how much it weighs or what it's armed with, but hey! We have that much
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #507 on: 28 July 2020, 05:45:19 »
The first Nova Cat Mech looks great

To me its around 60-70 tons the legs look very Nova Cat Omni

Maybe a gauss rifle or autocannon with four lasers on arm its maybe a particle cannon due to lack of venting while its two shoulder lasers and three small lasers on battle arm maybe machine guns given the gap in armour to eject casings

For those without Facebook I attached the image
« Last Edit: 28 July 2020, 05:47:00 by Dragon Cat »

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #508 on: 28 July 2020, 11:05:16 »
To repeat my comments from the comic soon thread:
I always assumed it was an ER Laser test bed, so was guessing ERLL in the arm, 2 ERMLs in the shoulder, and 3 ERSLs in the other arm. It was extinct by the time of the invasion, (and SUPER extinct now, most likely) so I would guess most of it is standard tech. Maybe DHS if they're feeling generous.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #509 on: 28 July 2020, 12:47:25 »
I'm guessing double heats are definitely in use its an early Clan Mech with Star League goodness before that