Author Topic: Where can I hire mercs in the Periphery, along the FWL Periphery border?  (Read 1887 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Basically that - I want to hire mercs, and send them into the Deep Periphery - where can I find them?  Astrokazy?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

AlphaMirage

• Major
There is also Westerhand in the Capellan Confederation. Although that's a little more central, additionally you could jump down into the Magistracy and see find units 'contributing to the local economy ' between jobs .

Depending on your for you also might be able to hire Circinus" Black Warriors

idea weenie

• Major
What timeframe are you looking at?  (This way you can get a rough idea of where the mercs will be coming from)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
there are likely to nearly always be seedy, semi-reputable, or stranded mercs on Astrokaszy. many timeframes put it just inside of the FWL, but i can't imagine that improves things much.
« Last Edit: 24 December 2022, 22:31:01 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Sorry, the story is set in 3172 - I'm dealing with the Marian Hegemony sending them on a secret mission, so its important not to let the Magistracy know about them.

I need them to be roughly battalion strength, so if there's a canon unit in 3150 of the right size, I'll just take their name for the story.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
Son Hoa? It is a large industrial world and independent as a source of spare parts and new mechs it would not be strange if there was a Hiring Hall there.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow

Herotitus in the Fronc Reaches on the other side of the Magistracy had a Hiring Hall as of Chaos March sourcebook:

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hiring_Hall#Known_Locations

"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

CJC070

• Lieutenant
The Southwest Trinity Worlds might be a good place to find some rogues and renegades.  Home of the 17th Recon regiment aka Camachos’s Caballeros. 

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
For the same reason as Herotitus or Fronc I would reject both those places (too within the reach of the MIM) and the Worlds of the Trinity (SAFE and the Camacho Caballeros) no giving away free work to enemies of the Hegemony

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Campoleone was supposed to be a retirement spot for spacers, so there might be some pilot/crew for hire there.

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
In theory you can find Hiring Halls in any capital or sufficiently industrialised world. In the MoC that could be Canopus and/or Dunianshire.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
If they want to avoid magistracy detection, their best bet might be to go well away from the FWL periphery area, and just pay extra to cover the extra transport costs.
Like perhaps Noisiel in Lyran space. Give a garrison contract or other innocuous contract as cover, with secondary contract for whatever raid or recon is planned inxluded as a classified rider.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2022, 15:35:33 by glitterboy2098 »

Gorgon

• Warrant Officer
  • The little duchy that could
If traveling is an option, maybe hire some of the local gangs out of the Rim Territories? Some Ordo Vigilis operatives could probably fine some deniable assets there.
Jude Melancon lives!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Hegemony MIGHT be able to interest a Clan on New St Andrews to be used as a cat's paw.  The planet produces some primitive designs of their own, are in the Hegemony's sphere of influence, and have bought some of the retrotech Centurions the Hegemony produces.

Also, again considering the travel . . . you MIGHT be able to hire some mercs perhaps based out of the Alyina Mercantile League though that will depend on what happens to them in the future.  With the Merchant Factor selling equipment or trading it for mercs to work with her faction, they stand a good chance of becoming a Hiring Hall as that will be a source of equipment, perhaps recruits (solahma Falcons?), and will have nearby factions that would want to hire- Vesper Marches, Arc Royal's state, the Tamar Pact . . . and maybe even the Falcon remains.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."