Author Topic: Rapid-Firing a LOT of Machine Guns all at once and Ammo useage.  (Read 323 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules pg 100 says for Rapid-Fire Machine Guns, "Each time the weapon is rapid-fired, roll 1D6 to determine the heat generated. This number also becomes the damage inflicted by the weapon if it hits (it is possible for a burst to inflict only 1 point of damage). Each rapid-fire burst uses a number of rounds equal to the damage it inflicted x3".

The Piranha carries 12 Machine Guns and 200 rounds of Ammo for those Machine Guns.  If I Rapid-Fire the Machine Guns and somehow manage to roll a '6' for Damage/Heat for all 12 of them, that would 12x18 (216 total) Shots used.

In the unlikely event this actually happens, besides effectively turning the Piranha in to a Stone Burner from Dune Messiah, are those 16 extra Shots just ignored for Ammo expenditure, or would several of the Machine Guns have to have their Damage reduced as a result or one simply not actually fire at all?
« Last Edit: 21 January 2024, 09:47:20 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Charistoph

• Major
Re: Rapid-Firing a LOT of Machine Guns all at once and Ammo useage.
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2024, 14:43:50 »
Bumping so I can reload the Piranha since it finally cooled off.
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph

• Major
Re: Rapid-Firing a LOT of Machine Guns all at once and Ammo useage.
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2024, 21:57:32 »
Another salvo, another bump.

Register