Author Topic: Wolverine fleet colors?  (Read 1719 times)

Luciora

• Major
Wolverine fleet colors?
« on: 05 May 2019, 20:59:53 »
Anyone remember if the Wolverine fleet colors were mentioned?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Wolverine fleet colors?
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2019, 03:55:44 »
They have not been, no.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2019, 08:24:27 »
Most of the Wolverine ships would have been in their SLDF colors, since the fleet was mothballed while they were still calling themselves the Star League in Exile, and the Wolverines wouldn't have gone to the trouble of repainting them when they were stealing them from the depots.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2019, 12:03:09 »
They're basically painted in [redacted], according to the "How to paint the Not Named Clan" guide.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2019, 12:42:19 »
That was my first thought.    ;D

They're basically painted in [redacted], according to the "How to paint the Not Named Clan" guide.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2019, 13:56:31 »
There's this one for Mechs, which is much less tongue in cheek than the April Fool's one.

http://camospecs.com/Article/Details/49/painting-a-clan-wolverine-scheme

And of course, there's only one example of a Wolverine WarShip painted that we know about...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2019, 14:16:47 »
I have the first link bookmarked.   :)  i'll probably go with the SL colors though since I rarely do clan schemes and the 1 ship i'm considering only has several named units and most are for clans I dislike.

There's this one for Mechs, which is much less tongue in cheek than the April Fool's one.

And of course, there's only one example of a Wolverine WarShip painted that we know about...

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2019, 18:37:06 »

Not quite. The ship was originally Wolverine, but found, repaired and repainted by the Word of Blake. That's a Blakist paint job my friend.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2019, 18:41:50 »
Not quite. The ship was originally Wolverine, but found, repaired and repainted by the Word of Blake. That's a Blakist paint job my friend.

Pretty sure he knows that and was just being arch.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2019, 18:47:32 »
Soylent Blakists are Wolverines!  Someone has to tell the people!
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2019, 20:12:41 »
I'm upset I missed the original posting of this and and still happy to see the replies.

Star League colors are not the worst idea (especially for Warship) and of course the CamoSpec article is the closest thing we have to an actual paint scheme. I mean of course it's in direct reference to the movie.

But still :)

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2019, 21:59:51 »
I just noticed that in CamoSpecs, the Star League doesn't have a fleet assets entry describing the colors.  Had to pull it from an earlier article.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=4350.0

Any way this could be updated?