Author Topic: (Answered) Rifle Cannon Ammunition Explosions  (Read 1137 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
(Answered) Rifle Cannon Ammunition Explosions
« on: 06 April 2020, 20:30:52 »
A good question has been raised as to what happens when Rifle Cannon ammunition explodes inside a unit mounting BAR 8 or higher armor.

Page 338 in Tactical Operations makes no mention as to how much the ammunition explodes for in any BAR.  It also does not provide for Rifle Cannons doing increased damage to Internal Structure.

My best interpretation is Internal Structure for Support Vehicles has the same BAR as the armor mounted over it but i'm not entirely sure this is the case for Combat Vehicles or Battlemechs as well but I can be wrong(which would be the easy answer).

So does it explode for different amounts depending on the BAR of the Internal Structure it is mounted in?

« Last Edit: 19 January 2022, 01:48:05 by Xotl »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: (Answered) Rifle Cannon Ammunition Explosions
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2020, 14:03:49 »
BAR is for armour (hence the A), not internal structure.  Treat internal structure as terrain or buildings.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: (Answered) Rifle Cannon Ammunition Explosions
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2020, 14:20:16 »
Then there needs to be a couple erratas issued because Tac Ops 338 states in the game rules section units not specifically Armor and page 187 of A Time of War explicitly states that unless otherwise noted Internal Structure has the same BAR as the Armor mounted.

Possibly a third errata to Penetrating Critical Hits on page 206 of Total Warfare because a lot of the wording there does heavily imply that Internal Structure does have a role in determining when Penetrating Criticals happen and thus a BAR.