Author Topic: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!  (Read 23396 times)

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
Re: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!
« Reply #330 on: 15 March 2024, 07:06:02 »
The tank chats
"Nemo my name forevermore"
Nightwish - Nemo

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #331 on: 15 March 2024, 09:11:17 »
alien nation series
just listening to it in background
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #332 on: 15 March 2024, 14:19:14 »
Up to the 14th ep of Revolution season 1...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #333 on: 15 March 2024, 22:18:37 »
Griselda miniseries. From the same showrunners of Narcos. Based on a true story it chronicles the career of Griselda Blanco, Miami's drug queen during the 1970s. Its got some good scenes, but it really sort of makes her too sympathetic. I've read about the real Griselda and she was a monster, and this miniseries isn't very accurate. Rating: 6/10

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #334 on: 15 March 2024, 22:45:52 »
ok got bored and was looking for something for babysitting my neighbors kids( while she has cancer treatment) found something not for kids bit for adults a british shorts skit show 2 seasons big train.
guess they will be stuck watching challange of the go bots or finish jayce and wheeled warriors or mystrious cities of gold
wonder if i should get them hooked on 1980s knightrider?
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #335 on: 16 March 2024, 07:16:02 »
Hillclimbing Rachau
Nightwish - Nemo

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #336 on: 17 March 2024, 07:02:28 »
Nitro Rallycross Calgary FULL Broadcast - Finals
Nightwish - Nemo

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #337 on: 17 March 2024, 20:51:43 »
Just saw the Italian Job. My wife really wants a mini cooper because of that movie long ago.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2024, 06:34:06 by I am Belch II »
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #338 on: 18 March 2024, 07:04:23 »
The Panzermuseum
Nightwish - Nemo

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #339 on: 18 March 2024, 08:19:48 »
ok got bored and was looking for something for babysitting my neighbors kids( while she has cancer treatment) found something not for kids bit for adults a british shorts skit show 2 seasons big train.
guess they will be stuck watching challange of the go bots or finish jayce and wheeled warriors or mystrious cities of gold
wonder if i should get them hooked on 1980s knightrider?
Cancer? Ouch. Lost a business partner to it. I hope she recovers quickly.

Masters of the Air (2024) I waited till it finished so I could binge it. I liked the earlier shows Band of Brothers and the Pacific, but I have mixed feelings about this one.  The story of the 100th Bomber Group and their campaigns over Germany in WW2 should have been a no contest winner, but I felt the multiple plotlines were disjointed from the beginning.

First there were a lot of characters, and all the different storylines didnt really mesh together. Many characters died or were captured so you couldnt really root for anyone because it was too spread out, and the time jumps were confusing too. All in all, I can recommend it, but with major caveats. It starts out good, but the middle episodes drag, right before the rip roaring final chapter. Rating 7/10

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #340 on: 18 March 2024, 11:34:02 »
well good news is it was her last treatment....she is worn out so kids crashed over weekend until it was bed time at their place....
and i got kids hooked on knight rider....and finished mysterious cities of gold
and they absolutely loved forbidden planet

is it normal for kids to actually ask for vegatables? i introduced them to broccoflower steamed covered in stir fried breadcrumbs...
this is what they asked for for dinner when they get back from school giving mom a break and time to recover....

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #341 on: 18 March 2024, 15:33:18 »
If they saw the 80's (original) mysterious cities, try to get the follow-up seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Cities_of_Gold_(2012_TV_series)

It was interesting, even for an adult.  :cheesy:

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #342 on: 18 March 2024, 16:22:25 »
If they saw the 80's (original) mysterious cities, try to get the follow-up seasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mysterious_Cities_of_Gold_(2012_TV_series)

It was interesting, even for an adult.  :cheesy:

I used to try and get home early enough after school when I was a kid to try and watch that show. Rarely worked out though.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #343 on: 18 March 2024, 16:45:36 »
there was a sequel?now i know what i will be doing this evening

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #344 on: 19 March 2024, 07:05:43 »
Fire and flame tv
Nightwish - Nemo

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #345 on: 19 March 2024, 23:44:13 »
Caught two good ones tonight.  FIrst up was Wonka..  Loved it.  The dude from Dune, did an awesome job as a younger Wonka.. 
Then came a film called "a time to spy", based on real stories of women who were recruited by the brits, to go do spying ops in WW2..

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #346 on: 20 March 2024, 01:33:09 »
Caught two good ones tonight.  FIrst up was Wonka..  Loved it.  The dude from Dune, did an awesome job as a younger Wonka.. 
Then came a film called "a time to spy", based on real stories of women who were recruited by the brits, to go do spying ops in WW2..
I saw Wonka a while back, as well as Dune 2.  Willy was busy last year!   :grin:  Or the last couple?   :huh:

Saw Knox Goes Away earlier tonight (well, 9:35P on the 19th), and thought it was pretty good, if a bit depressing in spots.   :undecided:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #347 on: 20 March 2024, 06:55:24 »
Cant pay well take it away
Nightwish - Nemo

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #348 on: 20 March 2024, 08:15:55 »
ok next month netfreaks is releasing parasyte: gray live action from same guy that did hellbound
if its anything like hellbound it should be good

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #349 on: 20 March 2024, 12:27:58 »
ok i had not seen dead like me at all what is it about and is it any good to even start watching it?

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #350 on: 20 March 2024, 18:15:02 »
Sat down worried that the X-Men 97 series would be awful since most revivals hot things I grew up with usually are, was blown away by how good it was. They nailed the feeling of the original cartoon. I still don’t love the new animation style, but I’ll learn to live with it.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #351 on: 21 March 2024, 14:42:54 »
Sat down worried that the X-Men 97 series would be awful since most revivals hot things I grew up with usually are, was blown away by how good it was. They nailed the feeling of the original cartoon. I still don’t love the new animation style, but I’ll learn to live with it.

Plus, it seems that they’ve started up three or so classic comic storylines for the season.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #352 on: 21 March 2024, 19:30:28 »
Plus, it seems that they’ve started up three or so classic comic storylines for the season.

Ruger

If the end of episode 2 is meant to imply that we're getting a Madelyne Pryor episode/arc, this will have been well worth the decades of waiting.

Unrelated to the X-Men, I (very) recently started watching The Expanse. It's been great for a season and a half, is it worth sticking with or does the quality suffer once the production moves from SyFy to Amazon (after season 3, I think?)? I know there's a thread about the show here already, but its been dormant for over a year and I'm not inclined to put my necromancer hat on.
« Last Edit: 21 March 2024, 19:33:40 by ActionButler »
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #353 on: 21 March 2024, 20:00:48 »
It retains the quality after the move to Amazon, they even get to do a lot of location shooting.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #354 on: 21 March 2024, 20:05:30 »
spotted beetlejiuce trailer for release of this abomination sometimes in 2024

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #355 on: 21 March 2024, 20:43:42 »
If the end of episode 2 is meant to imply that we're getting a Madelyne Pryor episode/arc, this will have been well worth the decades of waiting.

Unrelated to the X-Men, I (very) recently started watching The Expanse. It's been great for a season and a half, is it worth sticking with or does the quality suffer once the production moves from SyFy to Amazon (after season 3, I think?)? I know there's a thread about the show here already, but its been dormant for over a year and I'm not inclined to put my necromancer hat on.

Turns out, having Lex Luthor as a fan of the show means he's willing to buy it and throw money at it to keep it going and make it nice.  Well, guess it's better than spending all that dough on another plot to destroy Superman.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #356 on: 21 March 2024, 22:22:25 »
ok i will make the kids watch (still baby sitting)
x from outer space
b movie monster gigilla rocks!
i cant find the sequel tho

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #357 on: 21 March 2024, 23:31:31 »

Its a great show, up through the 4th season.  IMO the fifth and last were the two let downs..

NightSarge

• Lieutenant
  • Clan Coyote fan
« Reply #358 on: 22 March 2024, 16:46:54 »
Bad lads army
Nightwish - Nemo

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #359 on: 22 March 2024, 21:06:12 »
Paris Police 1900 Seasons 1-2 (2023) As the title says, this is a crime noir series set in turn of the century France. Its an ensemble cast, which reminded me of LA Confidential. Unlike the usual BBC and Netflix period dramas like Bidgerton or The Gilded Age, this one is extremely realistic. Theres plenty of racism, antisemitism and misogyny in this show and it doesnt pull any punches. You get to see the past in all its ugly glory. Awesome show, and they need to make more like this. Gruesome, spine tingling stuff. Rating 8.5/10

Fargo season 5 (2023) I thought this season was better than the previous ones, but thats not saying much. The story is actually a variation of an old action movie called The Long Kiss Goodnight, about an amnesiac assassin who ends up being a housewife before she gets discovered by her old crew. This version is very close to it, all the way down to both protagonists having a daughter. But this one is different because its played for quirky laughs, and of course in order for that to happen, everyone except the heroine has to be a total idiot. It was amusing for the first 4-5 episodes or so, but then it got stale towards the end. Rating: 6/10

Escape at Dannemora (2018) this just popped up on my streaming queue, so I didnt even know about this till now. A miniseries about that real life manhunt, with Benecio Del Toro (who is great playing a sociopathic killer). I was expecting a police procedural about the incident, but it turns out to be more like a prison drama, and its a very very slow burn. It delves into minute detail about the two prisoners and their relationship with a woman who worked there. I thought it covered way too much of the set up and the actual escape happens only in the final episode.

This could have been better if they had less episodes and tightened up the structure a bit. Rating: 6.5/10

Ferrari (2023) I was so looking forward to seeing this, but it was very disappointing. Adam Driver is OK as the title character, but the movie is one huge bore. Most of it is about a love triangle between him, his wife and his mistress. There just isnt a whole lot of interesting things going on, no drama thats compelling enough to make this watchable. Theres one race sequence (and accompanying tragedy) that nearly turned the movie around, but it was too little, too late, and ultimately went nowhere. If youre looking for a good racing movie, youre better off watching Ford V Ferrari or Rush, or even the old Steve McQueen movie Le Mans is way better. Forget about this one. Rating: 4.5/10

Register