Author Topic: Robert Conrad RIP  (Read 1683 times)

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
Robert Conrad RIP
« on: 09 February 2020, 13:08:31 »
   :'(       Robert Conrad, best known for his roles in The Wild Wild West and Black Sheep Squadron, has died. He was 84. WOW! Is it me or is a lot people are starting to pass way of late.  RIP Mr. Robert Conrad.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: Robert Conrad RIP
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2020, 16:16:38 »
Sad day, RIP
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2020, 16:49:21 »
Wow, this brings back memories. 

I absolutely LOVED watching Black Sheep Squadron reruns in syndication as a kid.

RIP.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2020, 17:33:30 »
RIP to a good actor who played some cool roles.  I remember both Wild Wild West and Black Sheep Squadron.   A big part of my Saturdays of yore...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2020, 20:27:36 »
The Wild, Wild, West was one of those shows I remember watching with my grandmother when I stayed over for weeks at a time.  I think it was the Wild, Wild West followed by Perry Mason. There was one other old show in there, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. Even remember a couple old episodes of Columbo where Robert Conrad was the perpetrator.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2020, 00:26:51 »
RIP you gave us many hours of enjoyment
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2020, 13:49:26 »
I admit I had to look him up at imdb and wikipedia.
But yes, I remember Black Sheep. I liked him there.

And DEZOAT,
you are right. You see, TV started after WWII and now the actors of the first generation of TV reach the age where they leave us.
Some of the actors who played older characters on TV are already dead and slowly the rest will follow. Please remember that Stallone and Schwarzenegger are also beyond retirement age.
And Battletech - I bought the first box with the Davion Warhammer in 1988 I believe. Thats more than 30 years ago.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2020, 16:12:28 »
And Battletech - I bought the first box with the Davion Warhammer in 1988 I believe. Thats more than 30 years ago.
Hey lets not talk about those old boxes and when we bought them, because that leads to that next horrible question, where did our youth go.   :'(
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2020, 16:05:10 »
Hey lets not talk about those old boxes and when we bought them, because that leads to that next horrible question, where did our youth go.   :'(
::) Man you had bring that up. Yes I'm old and like watching old shows to.

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2020, 16:32:36 »
A talented actor; I remember him also from Hawaiian Eye and 77 Sunset Strip reruns. A shame about the things that happened later in his life, but they do, unfortunately, happen.

That wasn't a Davion Warhammer, for the record. It belongs to the Regulan Hussars.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

Force of Nature

• Lieutenant
  • Battletech and Paintball. Life is good.
« Reply #10 on: 25 February 2020, 19:57:01 »
 I remember enjoying both Wild Wild West and Black Sheep Squadron as a kid.

… and those of us that remember the classic Duracell commercial he did. "I dare you"

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2020, 10:21:31 »
He was always on my shortlist to play Jamie Wolf in a movie.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #12 on: 27 February 2020, 00:36:51 »
He was always on my shortlist to play Jamie Wolf in a movie.....

Craig

Oh wow, I could really see that.

I mean, maybe not in 2019 but when I think of his playing Pappy & how he looked v/s a 3025 Wolf,   I could see that for sure.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Lone-Wolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2020, 14:36:11 »
That wasn't a Davion Warhammer, for the record. It belongs to the Regulan Hussars.

I am sorry to disagree.
I looked at my old box. It is the german version of the box produced by Fantasy Productions/Fasa Corporation.
The Insignia at the point between the legs is Crucis Lancers and the left leg is sword and sunburst.
I checked the insignia at sarna.

DOC_Agren
Where our youth went?
Good question. If you ever find the answer, sent me a PM.

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2020, 22:44:26 »
I am sorry to disagree.
I looked at my old box. It is the german version of the box produced by Fantasy Productions/Fasa Corporation.
The Insignia at the point between the legs is Crucis Lancers and the left leg is sword and sunburst.
I checked the insignia at sarna.

My mistake then. I have never seen it, nor heard of it.  I, of course, refer to the standard rendition.  If the machine is blue, then the art was originally seen on the cover(s) of the NAIS Fourth Succession War Volumes.  Thanks for adding another bit of lore to my personal knowledge bank.
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz